4 replies to this topic

#1 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 09:55 PM

So I'm playing through the QOS single player campaign, and I was surprised to see that after the construction level, which ends with Bond jumping onto the back of a white van, the game moves straight to the Miami science center.

So, what, no embassy level? That's surely the most video-gamey scene in all of CR, isn't it? The really odd part is that the embassy is there as a multiplayer level, looking very much like it does in CR, complete with the balconies, staircases, and a replica of the office where Bond jumps out of the window into the courtyard. This is all very curious, they took the trouble to design a whole embassy level and then didn't use it in the main game? Anyone have any info on this, was it cut out?

#2 bonds_walther

bonds_walther

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 419 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 10:02 PM

Yeah, I was surprised that this level wasn't included. It would (and should) have been one of the first scenes from the film to earmarked as a level.

Crazy!

#3 sorking

sorking

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 10:07 PM

So I'm playing through the QOS single player campaign, and I was surprised to see that after the construction level, which ends with Bond jumping onto the back of a white van, the game moves straight to the Miami science center.

So, what, no embassy level? That's surely the most video-gamey scene in all of CR, isn't it? The really odd part is that the embassy is there as a multiplayer level, looking very much like it does in CR, complete with the balconies, staircases, and a replica of the office where Bond jumps out of the window into the courtyard. This is all very curious, they took the trouble to design a whole embassy level and then didn't use it in the main game? Anyone have any info on this, was it cut out?

The production team were too busy shooting promo videos and glad-handing with the cast to build the game in full.

On the upside, they've all got lots of pictures of them with Daniel Craig.

(More seriously, they presumably don't have the level for the same reason they almost totally avoid fully-rendered cut-scenes and lip-synch - the whole thing was a rush job.)

#4 YouKnowTheName

YouKnowTheName

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 227 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 01:35 PM

You said that right.

But you do have to wonder about the wisdom of cutting half of the most adaptable scene of the film and then stretching the science centre to cover two levels (neither of which featured action in the film) even though the embassy is a full functioning MP map. This game is full of WHYS?.

#5 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 04:54 PM

What platform is it or is it all of them?