This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Your wife left you a message... the English one.

15 replies to this topic

#1 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 09:39 AM

They may not be the exact words, but pretty close. Maybe I'm just looking too much into it, but why did the receptionist at the hotel add on 'the English one.' The receptionist would have no reason not to believe Fields wasn't his wife, so why the extra fact for clarification?

Or, is it because Bond is walking into the hotel with Camille, and the receptionist thinks it's his 'other' wife, on the side? If so, you wouldn't really assume and say something like that to the guest...

:(

It's such a small thing, but I picked up on it on my 4th viewing.

#2 Mr_Wint

Mr_Wint

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2406 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 09:55 AM

They may not be the exact words, but pretty close. Maybe I'm just looking too much into it, but why did the receptionist at the hotel add on 'the English one.' The receptionist would have no reason not to believe Fields wasn't his wife, so why the extra fact for clarification?

Or, is it because Bond is walking into the hotel with Camille, and the receptionist thinks it's his 'other' wife, on the side? If so, you wouldn't really assume and say something like that to the guest...

Not sure about this but didn't he say "the English woman". It's like he correct himself after seeing Camille.

#3 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 09:57 AM

Not sure about this but didn't he say "the English woman". It's like he correct himself after seeing Camille.

Yes, I thought it was "english woman" rather than "one". I may be mistaken though.

#4 Craig is 007

Craig is 007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 10:55 AM

That's correct. :)

#5 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 11:05 AM

If that's the case, how rude of the receptionist :(

#6 rp9

rp9

Recruit

• Crew
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 06:57 AM

The first time I watched QoS I I was certain that it was Fields who had left the "RUN" note for Bond but on second viewing I was actually believing it was M who might have done it to warn Bond to stay away from the crime scene hence "the English one" comment from the reception and that's also why Bond commented "Ah, so it was you" when he met M upstairs in the room.

#7 0012

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 07:28 AM

No no no. Bond said "So it was you she was talking about", as in the note "Run" referred to M being upstairs. As in Fields was warning Bond about M. Cuz she's annoying. It was a joke :(

#8 Joey Bond

Joey Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:18 AM

Probably an MI6 code...

#9 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 01:14 PM

I have no idea what the run message means. Fields was scared for her life so she sent a message down? Doesn't make sense.

#10 Qbranchtech

Qbranchtech

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 03:30 PM

I have no idea what the run message means. Fields was scared for her life so she sent a message down? Doesn't make sense.

I tried to explain this in my thread which tries to explain where and when Fields died, you may want to check it out! :(

#11 BlackFire

BlackFire

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1300 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 05:40 PM

It's correct, after that Bond turns and eyes Camille quite fast, and she makes a face like.. y'know.. 'I'm not the only one'

Edited by BlackFire, 17 November 2008 - 05:41 PM.

#12 ComplimentsOfSharky

ComplimentsOfSharky

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2804 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 05:56 PM

Fields leaves Bond the message to run because Quantum is on to the hotel.

Fields is then killed and left back in the room.

Bond arrives. The recptionist assumes she's Bond's wife and says so, but when he sees Camille becomes unsure and clarifies, the English woman.

Bond walks in and assumes that Fields left the not for him to run because of M...considering he was not yet aware that Fields had been killed.

That's how I took that scene anyway.

#13 Mr_Wint

Mr_Wint

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2406 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 06:15 PM

Maybe that was the best she could think of at the moment. Women have a tendency to lose their common sense when someone is chasing them with a bucket of oil.

#14 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 06:53 PM

Bond walks in and assumes that Fields left the not for him to run because of M...considering he was not yet aware that Fields had been killed.

Yep, precisely. I agree.

#15 double o ego

double o ego

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1261 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 09:50 PM

The first time I watched QoS I I was certain that it was Fields who had left the "RUN" note for Bond but on second viewing I was actually believing it was M who might have done it to warn Bond to stay away from the crime scene hence "the English one" comment from the reception and that's also why Bond commented "Ah, so it was you" when he met M upstairs in the room.

Eh???

It was Fields who left him the message. Why would M even be referred to as Bond's wife and more importantly, why would M tell Bond to run, when she's been after him since Bregenz? Also, I'm not sure if you noticed but Field's is English.

#16 HildebrandRarity

HildebrandRarity

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4361 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 10:02 PM

Perhaps Bolivians who frequent the Grand Andean are polygamists?

I think it was "The English Woman"