The climax of the film...

1 reply to this topic

#1 Cloned

Cloned

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 04:57 AM

...is not when Camille shoots General Medrano, or when Bond deals with Greene.

I think the climactic moment is when Bond finds a way out of the burning inferno, instead of shooting Camille. That single moment represents when Bond is able to pull back completely from the edge of going completely insane from the burden of Vesper's death. Prior to that moment in the movie, he was basically a primal killing machine, his desire for revenge and his thirst to satisfy his guilt overwhelming his judgment and his thinking. Even when he admits sympathy for Fields' death to M, I think he's still contemplating killing Greene when he gets the chance.

Camille serves as his redemption, so to speak. The one he saves for the ones that die. The way he's able to preserve life from the jaws of death.

And that's when he becomes the James Bond we're used to.

Edited by Cloned, 15 November 2008 - 05:00 AM.

#2 mario007

mario007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 301 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 07:57 PM

coming out of the movie yesterday, I did not know what to think! I was thinking about it all day today and finally the pieces are coming together. I can't wait to see it again tonight! I hope all the showing won't be sold out like yesterday!

I have to say MF and EON have created something spectacular and some people are in shock. MF has truely created a charter study movie about James Bond (art house film). I belive the action was added for simple minded ppl in the public that want a popcorn movie. Although it serves a major purpose to show 007's charcter arc. I can't believe people who say they don't see charcter development in QOS! WTF where they watching? I am glad EON and MF did not choose a sope opera way of doing it like at the end of CR.

I did not ever think I would be comptemplating about; life, death, character arcs, action and consequences after a bond movie. By the boxoffice numbers most people dig this direction and I for one am very glad. I don't think the series would have survived five more films in the vein of DAD, how many of these clone bond movies can the public be interested in?

As Wilson had said they were creatively spent and this new direction has opened up new doors for the charcter. I hope they walk through more doors that are available with the confidence and 'balls' that they have displayed with QOS. I still could do without the choppy action ... hopefully, this fad of blurry, confusing actions scenes will be a thing of the past by 2010. Yes by 2010 we will see bond 23 given the AWSOME Boxoffice this one is producing.