5 replies to this topic

#1 delfloria

delfloria

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 09:36 PM

Haven't seen QoS yet but all the bits and pieces I keep hearing about the Quantum organization remind me of U.N.C.L.E.'s old nemisis Thrush. Thrush was much more far reaching than the crimminals of S.P.E.C.T.R.E.. Thrush's plans for world domination included infiltrating some of the largest corporations in the world and toppling small governments. They were concidered a secret "Supra Nation" without real estate. For those of you who have seen the film is there a similarity?

#2 NotAnAcronym

NotAnAcronym

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 10:50 PM

There's no evidence yet suggesting that Quantum is strieving for world domination. I haven't seen U.N.C.L.E., but based on your description, Thrush sounds way to Dr. Evil to be similar to Quantum...

#3 Napoleon Solo

Napoleon Solo

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1376 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 05:56 PM

There's no evidence yet suggesting that Quantum is strieving for world domination. I haven't seen U.N.C.L.E., but based on your description, Thrush sounds way to Dr. Evil to be similar to Quantum...

Thrush was very corporate. Quantum may resemble Thrush but there's a lot of questions yet to be answered. We see some of the higher ups of Quantum (they seem to be like a board of diretors). But not that many details of Quantum are revealed in QoS. More than we knew before (some specific people are identified) but still very mysterious.

#4 delfloria

delfloria

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 08:38 PM

B, Keeps sounding more and more like Thrush. As Solo says: "Thrush may be headed by a commitee" and we know it had a council. B.

#5 Von Hammerstein

Von Hammerstein

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 10:25 PM

THRUSH was more than a meglomaniac hiding in a hollowed out volcano. Sure they had their crazy schemes, it was the 1960's but THRUSH was much more subversive and shadowy than SPECTRE. It operated mainly behind the scenes. In the UNCLE pilot it intended to put it's own people in charge of a small African country that had vast resources. Not too unlike Quantum.

#6 Publius

Publius

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3225 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 01:27 AM

Well, Quantum definitely seems like a more mature, intelligent, and consequently menacing version of SPECTRE, with the ability to think long-term and keep an "eye" on the big picture.