This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

The Many Looks of James Bond (Videogames)

6 replies to this topic

#1 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 05:01 AM

The Many Looks of James Bond (Videogames)

We trace Bond's journey from modest blob of pixels to digital assassin.

November 10, 2008 - With several dozen movies to his name, James Bond is a true icon of the cinema screen. Bond also has nearly as many videogames to his name, though many fail to do the same level of justice. No matter how good Goldeneye was, there's no ignoring the fact that it was followed by Tomorrow Never Dies.

For better or for worse, Agent 007 has seen a lot in his console adventures, and his appearance is always changing. In this Many Looks of James Bond feature, we examine how MI:6's finest has evolved over the years. From Atari to Nintendo 64 to Xbox 360, it's been an interesting journey, to say the least.

And as all the Bond fans around these parts gear up for the latest movie, Quantum of Solace, we want to hear what they think. Are you firing up that duty old Goldeneye cartridge for a few more multiplayer rounds? Let us know your favorite Bond looks in the comments section below...

Read more...

http://commanderbond...n...&item=51295 - IGN

#2 Ultraussie (Jordan.adams)

Ultraussie (Jordan.adams)

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 321 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 07:00 AM

Very very ineresting. I look foward to playing/watching Quantum of Solace when it comes out in oz.....

#3 TheSaint

TheSaint

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3067 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 07:39 AM

The only Bond video game I came close to buying was the one for the Atari but I couldn't find a copy to save my life.

Had they produced a Bond game based on the Moore films and gotten Sir Roger to do the voice, I would've broken down and bought it.

#4 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 02:16 AM

Had they produced a Bond game based on the Moore films and gotten Sir Roger to do the voice, I would've broken down and bought it.

That could really be a lot of fun. The only Bond to do the films, the DVD commentaries, a video game... :(

#5 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 02:31 AM

Nightfire is still my favorite, the multiplayer is so much fun and the single player is pretty solid too. A lot of good weapons. :(

#6 LazyAmerican24

LazyAmerican24

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 01:58 AM

God how many hours were wasted to Nightfire multiplayer? Jesus I remember playing that with my cousin 'til our eyes would bleed

#7 O.H.M.S.S.

O.H.M.S.S.

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1162 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 06:46 PM

Yes indeed, I miss the bots of classic characters in every other PS2 Bond game. It's a shame with the classic locations they used for the MP for GoldenEye: Rogue Agent (Golden Gate, Fun palace, ...) and From Russia with Love (the labyrint, Venice, ...).

I seem to appreciate classic Bond elements the most in a Bond video game.