Omega in Bond 23

13 replies to this topic

#1 chuck3

chuck3

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 09:25 PM

Since we've beaten a dead horse in the "omega in QoS" forum, I decided to look to the future. Any ideas what 007 will wear on his wrist in Bond 23? I personally think it will be the same black/black PO 2201.50.00. Any thoughts??? :(

#2 HildebrandRarity

HildebrandRarity

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4361 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 09:43 PM

We all know Daniel Craig wears a Rolex in real life so I say bring back the Rolex Sumbariner, hopefully an iteration of the 14060M.

#3 Sir James Moloney

Sir James Moloney

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 332 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 10:00 PM

Since we've beaten a dead horse in the "omega in QoS" forum, I decided to look to the future. Any ideas what 007 will wear on his wrist in Bond 23? I personally think it will be the same black/black PO 2201.50.00. Any thoughts??? :(

Oh I hope so Chuck :) I really want Daniel to wear the PO in all his films. Ok, so in CR it was the 45.5 but it was still a PO right? :)
I think the 2201.50.00 is the right one, it really suits his Bond :)
Besides...It´s sitting on some of our wrists quite confortably :D ;) and I want it to be the Daniel Craig´s Bond watch and not only the QOS watch (even if I loved the film).

Attached Files

Edited by Sir James Moloney, 10 November 2008 - 10:10 PM.

#4 Double-0-7

Double-0-7

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3629 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 10:07 PM

Agreed, let's keep the black/black 42.5mm Planet Ocean!

#5 Sir James Moloney

Sir James Moloney

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 332 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 10:19 PM

I would even make the suggestion they´d change the bracelet to the rubber one if Bond was in a beach or a Bahamas kind of location. But that would just be being over geek about it :(

#6 Se7en

Se7en

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 01:10 AM

Agreed, let's keep the black/black 42.5mm Planet Ocean!

I must agree with both of you. I love this watch. I believe it it the nicest bond watch thus far.

#7 double o ego

double o ego

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1261 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 07:34 AM

Personally, I don't care if Craig wears the 42 or 45.5mm watch, I just want him wearing the PO for his entire run but then again, omega and the producers might have him wearing the new black smp for Bond 23, which I hope never happens.

#8 chuck3

chuck3

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 01:09 AM

agreed. i am also biased since i have the PO 42mm.
I posted pics of it in the "show us your bond watches" forum that Dell created.

Double o - i replied to your question in the "omega in qos" section. But to save you some clicks, i bought it on my honeymoon in Bermuda last year, august 2007. i've worn it everyday since (you can see the scuffs on the clasp in the pics). I get many compliments and is extremely accurate. I'd recommend the PO to anyone in the market. I prefer the 42 since i have small wrists. but to each his own.

on another note, the product placement in this bond flick in particular is crazy. everything from smirnoff being the official vodka of 007, to the sony phones, cameras and computers. i know ill love the movie, but hope its not just a 2 hour commercial. im rambling now...too much of bond's official drink! :(

#9 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 01:29 AM

Dell, where are you?

#10 Dell Deaton

Dell Deaton

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 02:10 AM

Dell, where are you?

On the verge of releasing new information on a James Bond watch that'll be the first ever it's been discussed.

#11 Double-0-7

Double-0-7

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3629 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 02:16 AM

Dell, where are you?

On the verge of releasing new information on a James Bond watch that'll be the first ever it's been discussed.

Now is no time to be coy...

What's what?

#12 Dell Deaton

Dell Deaton

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 02:40 AM

Dell, where are you?

What's what?

Don't mean to be coy. In this case, I'm literally constricted by commitments that keep me from saying much more. (Come to think of it, this is more than I've said anywhere: Even in my own Blog!)

But some among us may wish to be setting money aside for a major acquisition.

Edited by Dell Deaton, 12 November 2008 - 02:41 AM.

#13 chuck3

chuck3

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 06:43 PM

Dell, where are you?

What's what?

Don't mean to be coy. In this case, I'm literally constricted by commitments that keep me from saying much more. (Come to think of it, this is more than I've said anywhere: Even in my own Blog!)

But some among us may wish to be setting money aside for a major acquisition.

Are you at liberty to say how much money we should be saving?

#14 chuck3

chuck3

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 95 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 07:36 PM

will you be updating your website with this classified information, or in this forum, or both? As a geek, I'm intrigued.

On a totally different note, I'm glad that QoS was NOT a 2 hour commercial for omega, smirnoff, ford, coke zero, etc. :(