7 replies to this topic

#1 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 11:58 AM

Here is the PS2 trailer for the Quantum of Solace game.

http://uk.youtube.co...h?v=AbbTqIzVP5I

Hmmm, what on earth are Bond and Vesper doing jumping over a balcony away from an explosion!

#2 sorking

sorking

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 12:10 AM

Hmmm, what on earth are Bond and Vesper doing jumping over a balcony away from an explosion!

Mediocre game adaptation 101: if in doubt, take existing scenes and add henchmen, explosions and a helicopter. It looks like this is a version of the 'boat' level, adapted from CR with Bond waking up between the Aston crash and the torture scene, shooting attackers to 'save' Vesper.

#3 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 10:38 AM

Apparently the PS2 version is the best of the lot. It's scored higher in most reviews. It's in full third person and is said to be more enjoyable.

#4 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 11:43 AM

Apparently the PS2 version is the best of the lot. It's scored higher in most reviews. It's in full third person and is said to be more enjoyable.

Does the game have any different content than the other versions? (Apart from the 3rd person perspective)

#5 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 11:53 AM

From what I've read, the third person makes it feel like a totally different experience. It has 4 less levels than the other platforms, so I suppose it's even shorter than the next-generation versions, but sweeter. And it does not feature any multiplayer at all. I'll be getting the PS3 version still.

#6 YouKnowTheName

YouKnowTheName

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 227 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 12:06 AM

I really can't see it being that good. Its ugly, even by PS2 standards, taking away the first person is missing the point entirely, and its four levels shorter than a game thats already borderline "why even bother releasing this" short. Has anyone actually played it? Anyone?

#7 eddychaput

eddychaput

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 04:31 AM

I really can't see it being that good. Its ugly, even by PS2 standards, taking away the first person is missing the point entirely, and its four levels shorter than a game thats already borderline "why even bother releasing this" short. Has anyone actually played it? Anyone?

Yes, I have. Check out the last post in the thread called 'PS2 version is a 3rd person shooter.'

Overall I like the game. Then again, I'm not much of a gamer and it doesn't take a lot to impress me in the video game world because I'm completely uneducated in that domain.

#8 Ultraussie (Jordan.adams)

Ultraussie (Jordan.adams)

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 321 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 10:45 PM

I could end up getting it on my PC. Stuff you Activision, just because its Previous gen doesnt mean you have to :(ing take whole levels and multiplayer out of it!!! I would hbe happy to pay the extra 40 bucks for the PC version, cos for starters I dont have a FPS.....
And the easiest way to make the most of the Disk Space is to take a few weps outta it, rather than take entire levels...

Edited by Ultraussie (Jordan.adams), 25 November 2008 - 10:45 PM.