#91 Sigma7

Sigma7

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:41 PM

[/quote]

No, of course not. And I didn't suggest that for a moment, so please don't attribute things to me I haven't written. What I am suggesting is that the film industry is more incestuous than it once was, that's all.
[/quote]

Expert eh? Grammar, tennis, and now incest?

#92 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:44 PM

Expert eh? Grammar, tennis, and now incest?

Again - enough.

#93 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:45 PM

For the benefit Sigma7, I think he meant this when using the word incestuous:

"being so close or intimate as to prevent proper functioning"

#94 Sigma7

Sigma7

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:49 PM

So as to appease the Minister of Education and for the benefit of other users, I shall relent.

#95 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:51 PM

So as to appease the Minister of Education and for the benefit of other users, I shall relent.

Thank you.

#96 byline

byline

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:35 PM

quantum of rubbish, i dont understand how this bond movie can be annoying to watch , but it succeeds admirably.

QOS is on par with TMWTGG as the worst bond movie of the series, beating DAD and MR

In your opinion. As has been noted throughout this and many other threads -- and on both sides of the opinion aisle -- many of us feel exactly the opposite, that "Quantum" is among the best films in the series. Different strokes, and all.

#97 bond 16.05.72

bond 16.05.72

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1068 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 12:52 PM

The most infuriating thing for me was I applauded Forster appointment and yes he does offer moments in QOS that are better than CR yes he is more of a talented director than Campbell I won't disagree with that, but these are the dialogue sections, the action with the exception of Tosca left me unimpressed.

These sequences I felt Forster did a great job and no Bradley insight thank god!

Bond's line to White as he opens the boot. The banter between M & Bond before White's attempted Interrogation, M & Bond in Mitchel's apartment, the humour is spot on.

Bond's relating to the members of Quantum that he can hear them, which was followed by the masterful Tosca sequence.

The obvious moments between Bond & Mathis, Bond's exchange between Greene at the party, Bond and M in the hotel and Bond over coming the agents in the lift followed by his cocky eluding of the agents and him giving it to M straight and M realising he is right and supporting him.

Bond & Felix's brief chat.

Greene's exchange with Meldrano, Almaric's delivery to the General is top drawer and the relish in his voice is priceless.

The end sequence confronting Yusef and Bond's final exchange to M.

The only problem is in most cases they are too fleeting and it shows Forster could have delivered a more dialogue heavy piece but chose the Fast as a Bullett approach.

It almost worse than outright hating it because for me if it could have been slowed down a bit, added some more dialogue and dump that Brosnan era like Plane & Sinkhole sequence, QOS could have aced Royale but I guess it is down to opinion.

I wouldn't be against Forster returning because I think he wouldn't deliver the same style again but please keep Dan Bradley away from Bond.

I intend to put my thoughts into a new revised review and compare my original one to see how much I cut it slack as it was a new Bond film, I walked out the cinema entertained but that moment of Euphoria in Nov 2006 as a Bond fan for 29 years felt, was oddly absent 2 years later.

Edited by bond 16.05.72, 12 June 2009 - 07:54 AM.