you can check eurocom site:http://www.eurocom.c...ntum-of-Solace/

#2 Agent Spriggan Ominae

Agent Spriggan Ominae

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1068 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 10:25 PM

Looks like I'll be getting both the PS3 and PS2 versions of QOS. I still own all the EA games from AUF on. I enjoyed EON and to a certain extent FRWL so this is something I'm looking forward to seeing. :(

Here's a clip that's online.

#3 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 10:27 PM

Is it just me... or does that map look similar to GTA? :(

#4 Blonde Bond

Blonde Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2006 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 01:48 AM

Yes and no. But it looks worse than EON. It seems to me like programming games for the old ps2 has been getting lazier ever since ps3 was launched. I get it why, but it also seems like there's still large market for the old horse..

Anyway, I was surprised this was in 3rd person , the last few EA games. Yet, it looks different. Might be the manual aiming...

#5 stamper

stamper

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2994 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 07:08 AM

What ? Let me get this right, you can't play third person with the PS3 version ? I prefer 3rd person myself, so I might order it instead.

#6 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 12:04 PM

I think I’ll get the Wii and the PS2 since this is the case.

#7 stamper

stamper

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2994 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 01:03 PM

Done deal, after watching the youtube videos, I won't bother with the PS3 version, it's crap. I'll get the PS2 and am on my way to buy a PS2 slim just for this one (and catch up on past Bond games I missed)

#8 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 01:07 PM

Done deal, after watching the youtube videos, I won't bother with the PS3 version, it's crap. I'll get the PS2 and am on my way to buy a PS2 slim just for this one (and catch up on past Bond games I missed)

Er... whatever floats your boat. :):(

#9 stamper

stamper

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2994 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 02:19 PM

What, you don't like TPS ?

#10 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 02:20 PM

What, you don't like TPS ?

Yeah. I love them. But looking at what i've seen from the PS2 version, It's horrible.

#11 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 03:16 PM

THats cool, that it is gonna be on the PS2

#12 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 03:45 PM

This in interesting. Seems odd that, in todays world, the machine with less graphics capability would have a full time third person view. Anyway, I've just added this version to my list as well. :(

#13 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 05:06 PM

I thought they'd stopped making PS2 games. I'll pick this up.
Some gameplay here: http://uk.youtube.co...h?v=vfxz5nmtYe4
And a demo vid: http://uk.youtube.co...h?v=DMyfTIbXZs4

#14 eddychaput

eddychaput

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 02:30 AM

Considering that I don't own a PS3, and that I'm unwilling to chuck out 400$ for one (plus 60$-70$ for QOS), I think I'll just spend 40$ and save the world as 007 on my PS2. I saw the little demo clip. It looks alright to me. Then again, I'm not much of a gamer and I tend to be easily impressed.

PS2 version for me. Perhaps some day down the road when the PS3 is cheaper I'll upgrade.

Another thing to consider is that every review I've come across for the next-gen versions says the game is really short, as in 4-5 hours short. You want to spend 60$-70$ just for 5 hours? I don't.

#15 TonicBH

TonicBH

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 291 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:26 AM

I'm not one for buying PS2 versions of 360/PS3 games since they seem to basically be severely watered down ports, but this might be interesting.

Anybody who grabs this version, tell me if it's any good. Might be one of the few times I'll double dip for the same game twice. Although after hearing some of the disappointing opinions from here and other sites, I'll wait for the next-gen versions to get cheap.

#16 PlayItBogart

PlayItBogart

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 263 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 03:20 AM

My initial impressions of the PS2 version are "okay". It probably doesn't help that the PS2 I'm using at the moment has the world's most screwed up third party controller.

I'll report in further tomorrow. I've also got the DS version, which is interesting to say the least. Control it with the stylus + a single button.

#17 eddychaput

eddychaput

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 10:35 PM

Hey Bond Fans.

I purchased the PS2 version of QOS today. I've played it for a couple of hours and have reached the third level.

If anybody is wondering what the PS2 version is like, here are some thoughts:

1-The graphics are rather blocky. Bond himself looks good, as do the foes you'll encounter along the way. However, buildings, cars, bushes, trees, etc... all look like they were made from LEGO blocks. Not much in the world is interactive either. Shoot a vase and it just sits there, all in one piece.

2- The sound is good. Bullets swooshing through the air, Daniel Craig as Bond, the soundtrack. This is a strong point of the game. The title song is not Another Way to Die, but a new original song, which was a nice touch and makes sense given that the game meshes two movies and is not just about QOS.

3-The cutscenes are interesting. In fact, the cutscene at the end of the second level is interactive. At a precise moment during the scene you have to press a randomly selected button on the remote, otherwise Bond perishes. Visually they aren't great, but at least you don't just sit and watch them. You actually get to play them.

4-The gameplay is all alright. I'm terrible at action games so it took me a while to get comfortable with the commands, but they work quite well. Crouch, take cover, precise aiming, sneeking up and hitting a foe from behind, etc. It's not varied however. So far there hasn't been any driving, only running and gunning. But when the bullets fly it's pretty fun.

Overall I'm getting the feeling that maybe it would have been smarter to wait for the price to drop (although it was significantly cheaper than the PS3/XBOX 360 versions) just because there doesn't appear to be a lot of variety and that, even for a PS2 game, the game doesn't look that good (now that I think of it, I'm pretty sure EON looks a tad prettier and that game is 4 years old!). On the plus side, Bond definitely looks and moves like Daniel Craig and when the action starts, it gets intense and is fun.

Mixed feelings. I'm not guaranteeing good times, so purchase it at your own risk. If you like EON (shooting, driving, falling!, gadgets) type games, avoid QOS. If you really want to play Craig's Bond and enjoy some good old fashioned shootouts, then this might be for you.

I hope this helps!

#18 The Girl With The Golden Gun

The Girl With The Golden Gun

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 705 posts
  • Location:Deep inside my hollowed out volcano...in the South of England!

Posted 16 November 2008 - 12:21 PM

For some reason it surprises me that the ps2 version of QOS is differen to all the other ports.

I've just bought the Wii version & heard that you can switch between 1st person and 3rd person viewpoint - is it possible to do this and how do you do it? Any Wii QOS owners out there, help please!

#19 Ultraussie (Jordan.adams)

Ultraussie (Jordan.adams)

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 321 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 02:05 AM

Personally myself I was looking foward to my first ever FPS I owned myslef, It looks like I have 2 options:
A: Buy it for PS2 at a really really cheap price.
B: Dish out about 100 bucks for a game on my PC that will take up my RAM space and freeze my system up with controls that will be feindly.

I dont like the manual aim thing, but I guess Bond focus in FRWL was good. I think the graphics are nice, and the 3rd person suits Craigs doucher/tougher Bond.
NOW GIMME MY CAR DRIVING MISSIONS!!!!

Edited by Ultraussie (Jordan.adams), 19 November 2008 - 02:05 AM.

#20 007karl007

007karl007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 97 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 02:19 PM

Sounds interesting but is it any worth getting this if i alreaddy have the ps3 version?

#21 eddychaput

eddychaput

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:35 PM

Sounds interesting but is it any worth getting this if i alreaddy have the ps3 version?

Wait for the price to drop a bit or find it used (in which case the game is cheaper to start with) and I'll tell you yes, get the PS2 version.

Right now, that depends on whether you want a third person version of the game. I don't have a PS3 so I don't know what all the goodies are on that version, but I can tell you there is absolutely no bonus material on the PS2 version. 11 missions, that's it. Graphics are respectable and the gun fights get pretty intense, but it's all a bit too short.

#22 Blonde Bond

Blonde Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2006 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:16 AM

I have to ask ; is there a point in purchasing Quantum of Solace for ps2 if you already own the ps3 version?

Since I broke my ps2 some time ago , and there's an offer for used ps2 at gamestop , I'm kind of looking forward of buying one, just so I get a taste of the ps2 version.

Is it worthy enough to warrant a new ps2 purchase?

#23 Mr Teddy Bear

Mr Teddy Bear

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1154 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:14 AM

Without playing it, I can tell you no single game is worth the purchase of a system for.

Have you got a model of PS3 that isn't backwards compatible?

#24 Blonde Bond

Blonde Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2006 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:34 AM

No, it's not.

But I already have a lot of ps2 games, because I used to own ps2 before it broke down.

The ps2 at gamestop is only 70 euros + you get some used games with it. I think it was 3 used games. Yet, I'm not sure if I want to buy another console again, since I have already moved onto the next-gen consoles.

#25 eddychaput

eddychaput

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 05:38 PM

I'm inclined to say no. I never played the PS3 version (I don't own a PS3!) but I do have the PS2 version. It's very, very, straightforward. Duck, take cover, sneak from behind or balst your way through. Terrible cut scenes and plenty of moments from the film that were left out.

The graphics are respectable given that it's a very late PS2 game (and all the obvious efforts put into the current gen systems) and the sound is really solid.

It depends on how insistant you are on owning 007 products. The game is short, incredibly simple to play, but sports a very Daniel Craig-looking 3D Bond and some, I will admit, intense shooting sequences. There are absolutely no bonuses whatsover. 11 missions and once they're done: thanks for playing!