36 replies to this topic

#1 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 10:02 PM

So for the lucky ones who have been able to watch QoS, what is your preferred scene?

For me at the moment, it's clearly the scene where Bond goes and gets Camille in the Perla de las dunas hotel, and they find themselves blocked by the fire all around, thinking they gonna die, and she thankfully thinks he's going to shoot her dead to offer her a better death than by fire (and maybe it's really what he's planning to do).
It reminded me the bit in the LALD novel when Bond and Solitaire are about to be dragged over the reef among hungry sharks, and Bond decides to drown her when there's not the slightest hope, to spare her more suffering.

#2 Elmason

Elmason

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 12:09 AM

I really enjoyed the opera scene, I loved the way he interupted the 'meeting' and then when he runs down the stairs and stares down Greene and his 4 or 5 henchmen before the scene fades to silence for the getaway through the restaurant. Brilliant.

I've just gotten back in from the cinema and can't express how much I enjoyed the film!

#3 sorking

sorking

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 12:25 AM

Loads of good stuff, but there's a run at one point that somehow did it all: the return to the Bolivian hotel.

From Fields' note in reception we go to M's arrival, the reveal of Fields' fate, a remarkable discussion about just what happens to Bond's women (the scene deliberately recalls a similar moment looking over poor Solange's body), Bond cuffed and led away only to take out three of his captors in an elevator, bumping into M on his way out before slipping past the MI6 agents with utter elegance, walking along ledges. All this, and we end with him being picked up by Camille - a specific echo of their first meeting.

There's funny stuff, smooth Bond stuff, snappy fight stuff, iconic stuff, dramatic stuff...it's the whole package!

#4 Elmason

Elmason

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 12:43 AM

Loads of good stuff, but there's a run at one point that somehow did it all: the return to the Bolivian hotel.

From Fields' note in reception we go to M's arrival, the reveal of Fields' fate, a remarkable discussion about just what happens to Bond's women (the scene deliberately recalls a similar moment looking over poor Solange's body), Bond cuffed and led away only to take out three of his captors in an elevator, bumping into M on his way out before slipping past the MI6 agents with utter elegance, walking along ledges. All this, and we end with him being picked up by Camille - a specific echo of their first meeting.

There's funny stuff, smooth Bond stuff, snappy fight stuff, iconic stuff, dramatic stuff...it's the whole package!

I enjoyed the ledge walking as well - it's exactly as you say Craig can turn on the elegance as easily as the brutality.

#5 Gri007

Gri007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1719 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 09:38 AM

The opening was fantastic. Even though I was under the impression the car chase was going to be 20 minutes. The title seqeunce was different and good. I like the way they used a diffrent style and font to represnet the credits. It makes Another Way To Die sound better. The art gallery seqeunce was done well, and I thought Judi Dench gave a wondefull performance. Funny to hear her say the word :(. The scene with M and the Minsiter I thought was pure Fleming.

#6 Pierce - Daniel

Pierce - Daniel

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 09:45 AM

-Bond spying in Hait, it's been a very long time sine we're seent he lone ranger go up against the odds wihtout a sidekick, the SLate stuff was inspired.
-M and Bond discovering Field's body, some of the best dialogue and acting in a Bond film.
-M and Bond at Mitchell's flate. Pretty impressive stuff, mainly becasue I didn't expect it.
-The finale, the suicide scene was unbelivably fantastic, truly inspired of the James Bond Craig is crafting.

#7 Mr_Wint

Mr_Wint

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2406 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 10:28 AM

My favourite scene was Bond's escape from the hotel (after the M scene). I also liked the moment when Bond discovers the water dam. It looked really beautiful.

#8 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 11:35 AM

I loved the scenes set in Talamone at Mathis' villa. The humour and the camaraderie between Bond and Mathis was excellent and the look and feel felt like it was straight out of the sixties.

#9 double o ego

double o ego

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1261 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 01:59 PM

Bro, you got it! Those scenes you mentioned are my favourite in the movie. I've commented on this a few times myself and Bond taking out the mi6 agents and scaling the ledges reminded me of Deon Warrick's, mr kiss kiss ban bang, particularly the lyrics, he's suave and he's smoothe.

#10 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 08:50 PM

God, I don't know what my favorite scene was, I loved all of it.

If I had to choose, It would probably be Mathis' death. Brilliant acting by both Craig and Giannani. :(

#11 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 08:55 PM

Very good one, indeed, Mharkin007!

Not particularly a scene, but an element I liked in QoS: the fact that we are given the opportunity to hear several foreign languages (German, French, Italian and Spanish, if memory serves - and maybe even a Quechua ramble by the taxi driver in La Paz? not sure since I didn't get a word of what he said). Everybody doens't speak English around the world, and that's good to hear some "local bits" :(

#12 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 09:02 PM

Loved that scene aswell! Was It just me, or did anyone else get an Octopussy vibe whilst watching that?

#13 Dikko Henderson

Dikko Henderson

Cadet

• Crew
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 09:57 PM

Is the gun barrel opening back???

#14 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 10:00 PM

Is the gun barrel opening back???

Yes and No.

#15 Dikko Henderson

Dikko Henderson

Cadet

• Crew
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 10:06 PM

What does that mean?

#16 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 10:07 PM

Spoiler

#17 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 10:07 PM

It is there.

Spoiler

#18 Invincible1958

Invincible1958

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 11:39 PM

My favourite scene was Bond's escape from the hotel (after the M scene). I also liked the moment when Bond discovers the water dam. It looked really beautiful.

Yeah. That was great. I never saw Bond walking so smooth since Connery. He was almost fying over the balcony.

I love almost every single scene in the movie.

Not particularly a scene, but an element I liked in QoS: the fact that we are given the opportunity to hear several foreign languages (German, French, Italian and Spanish, if memory serves - and maybe even a Quechua ramble by the taxi driver in La Paz? not sure since I didn't get a word of what he said). Everybody doens't speak English around the world, and that's good to hear some "local bits" :(

Yeah. And especially the bit where Elvis phones his mother in a swiss german accent. He's saying something like "Hi mom. ... Yeah, the weather is fine. It's very hot. ..." and so on. The way he speaks it sounds like he is reporting to his mother from a school trip.

Edited by Invincible1958, 01 November 2008 - 11:42 PM.

#19 Scrambled Eggs

Scrambled Eggs

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 02:18 AM

I really enjoyed the opera scene, I loved the way he interupted the 'meeting' and then when he runs down the stairs and stares down Greene and his 4 or 5 henchmen before the scene fades to silence for the getaway through the restaurant. Brilliant.

I've just gotten back in from the cinema and can't express how much I enjoyed the film!

Yeah that was the highlight for me. The whole Opera House segment is classic James Bond.

But also, I thought that brief scene between Bond and Felix was exceptionally cool - more Jeffery Wright next time round please.

#20 planearm

planearm

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 06:38 AM

I agree with the posters above. The best scene in the whole movie was the opera scene where Bond rumbled the bad guys. Classic Bond moment.

#21 Marquis

Marquis

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 456 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 06:56 AM

....he runs down the stairs and stares down Greene and his 4 or 5 henchmen before the scene fades to silence for the getaway through the restaurant. Brilliant.

After a third viewing, I think that is now my very favourite scene. The pregnant pause and exchange of glances - I have goosebumps just thinking about it. Beautifully handled by Forster.

#22 Craig is 007

Craig is 007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 01:49 PM

One of my favorite's is the elevator sequence, where Bond beats up three men while wearing handcuffs, and walks out and meets M like nothing has happened. One of the greatest Bond moments of all time! I also loved the bar scene with Bond and Leiter, ("James, move your :(!") and Bond (Craig performing the stunt) jumping from one balcony to another. Hell, I loved every single scene in Quantum Of Solace!

Edited by Craig is 007, 09 November 2008 - 01:51 PM.

#23 chriso

chriso

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 02:17 PM

I prefer several scenes. I like the Opera sequence, the elevator scene and the last scene of QOS where Bond says "Ich war niemals weg." (I think in english it's "I never left")

#24 ChrissBond007

ChrissBond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1552 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 07:42 PM

There are alot of great scenes in QOS. I didn't like the opera scene that much, I thought it was way to fast edited. Some of my favourite scenes were Mathis' death, Bond and Camille discovering the water dam, dialogue between Bond and M in the hotel with the escape after it and the final scene.

And strange, I really liked the pre title, while I think it would have been much better without the ''shakey camera''.

Edited by ChrissBond007, 10 November 2008 - 03:15 PM.

#25 Marc-Ange Draco

Marc-Ange Draco

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 03:49 AM

Hands down, the opera scene. I thought it was a clever modern take on a SPECTRE meeting. With that said, it was, sadly, one of the few scenes I really did like :(

#26 ElFenomeno

ElFenomeno

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 06:47 AM

lots of good scenes but i like that bit when Bond leaves Camille's car ... then the man on the bike comes and says
why didn't you killed her ?
Well .. i missed. Bang !1 Bond throws him out of his bike and kicks him with his foot in the face.

i felt good. :(

i wonder if we will ever get some iconic PTS-eses in the future.
TSWLM PTS was just great. parachute opens , England's flag , the bond theme kicks in.unforgettable.

#27 Craig is 007

Craig is 007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 06:43 PM

lots of good scenes but i like that bit when Bond leaves Camille's car ... then the man on the bike comes and says
why didn't you killed her ?
Well .. i missed. Bang !1 Bond throws him out of his bike and kicks him with his foot in the face.

i felt good. :(

i wonder if we will ever get some iconic PTS-eses in the future.
TSWLM PTS was just great. parachute opens , England's flag , the bond theme kicks in.unforgettable.

If you ask me, the pre-title sequence in Quantum Of Solace is quite unforgettable.

Edited by Craig is 007, 11 November 2008 - 06:44 PM.

#28 craigforlani007

craigforlani007

Recruit

• Crew
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 04:30 AM

my fav scene in qos is when bond is benn taken by the mi6 agents at the hotel. Then he fights the agents in the elevator and goes and tell M that fields had a lot of courage then he escape. The escape with the bond tune was awesome

#29 craigforlani007

craigforlani007

Recruit

• Crew
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 04:40 AM

did anyone notice that they recalled a scene in a previous bond. the scene is when bond throw the man from the oom at the opera house. The exact same thing happens between roger moore in tswlm. The guy graps the tie of roger and roger his hands away. In QOS DANIEL DOES THE SAME THING.

#30 Single-O-Seven

Single-O-Seven

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1323 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 07:47 AM

did anyone notice that they recalled a scene in a previous bond. the scene is when bond throw the man from the oom at the opera house. The exact same thing happens between roger moore in tswlm. The guy graps the tie of roger and roger his hands away. In QOS DANIEL DOES THE SAME THING.

Yes - and TSWLM was also referenced in Haiti. Bond's Universal Exports card bears the name R. Sterling.