UK ITV DAD (phew) sneak preview - HELP!

11 replies to this topic

#1 The Girl With The Golden Gun

The Girl With The Golden Gun

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 705 posts
  • Location:Deep inside my hollowed out volcano...in the South of England!

Posted 01 October 2002 - 09:31 PM

Hi,
its ok, panic over! i've just seen the aforementioned DAD sneak preview on ITV news digital channel (and i may see it again on the news bulletin coming up at any moment!) what i want to know is...

WHAT LONDON MUSEUM IS SHOWING THE BOND EXHIBITION?

no this isn't a quiz question. all i know is that the exhibition starts from 16th oct, and its somewhere in london. could anyone plz inform me of any more details (perhaps we could arrange a meeting up of fellow 007 fans on a particular day?) by emailing me at [email protected]
cheers.

also, has anyone tried to obtain advanced DAD tickets yet n failed? i went in to my local odeon 2day n couldn't get any...harry potter maybe, but no Bond.

this year's outing looks to be the biggest yet...

TGWTGG

#2 Tedley King

Tedley King

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 01 October 2002 - 09:34 PM

I believe it's at the Science Museum, London. I think it's near the Victoria and Albert museum, don't ask me where that is off the top of my head I'm not sure.

#3 The Girl With The Golden Gun

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 01 October 2002 - 09:37 PM

its ok, i know where the science museum is. a big thankyou to you ;o)

#4 MBmaster

MBmaster

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 October 2002 - 09:41 PM

I can kick myself! 2 weeks ago I was in londen for a week, seeing the ad for the exhibition at the National Science Museum in Londen, you know, that *big building* :)
I went to the museum, and I was so dissapointed seeing the ad for 16 october... but i made a pic, attached the file!

#5 MBmaster

MBmaster

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 October 2002 - 09:42 PM

oh, when I was writing tedley gave the answer..... but I hope the pic can be as helpfull as the answer!

#6 Tedley King

Tedley King

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 01 October 2002 - 09:44 PM

A couple of mates and myself are thinking of going to this as something to do during the half term (Mon 21 - Friday 25 Oct). Although they aren't really Bond fans, it's something to do during our time off.
Isn't this the exhibition that was going on in Bradford a few months back, I'm not sure?

#7 SiCo

SiCo

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 October 2002 - 10:47 PM

It is one in the same yes, but this version has been extended to include extra Die Another Day things including I believe various vehicles and props from the film.

#8 C. Tounes

C. Tounes

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 342 posts

Posted 09 October 2002 - 07:57 PM

I'm hoping to go....

#9 Evil Doctor Cheese

Evil Doctor Cheese

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 09 October 2002 - 08:10 PM

The exhibiton was wonderful... one of the highlights had to be the costumes... Elektra's dress and solitaire's dress. And the thing that got me going the most (oddly enough) was M's door! I think they're putting in the ice furniture and the dragster and plenty of other things.

#10 Evil Doctor Cheese

Evil Doctor Cheese

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 09 October 2002 - 08:11 PM

BTW I saw it in Bradford for my birthday so I'm not totally sure what's in the London Science Museum exhibition. Just clearing that up.

#11 The Girl With The Golden Gun

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 15 October 2002 - 08:08 PM

ahaa i have a link, http://www.sciencemu...s/bond/home.asp

i'll be going soon, so thanks for spoiling it for me! lol. apparently you have to go thru a maze of mirrors or something before u actually get to the mission...how bizarre for a bond exhibit.

#12 scaramanga

scaramanga

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

Posted 17 October 2002 - 06:12 PM

Originally posted by Evil Doctor Cheese
BTW I saw it in Bradford for my birthday so I'm not totally sure what's in the London Science Museum exhibition. Just clearing that up.

Hey EDC, I also went to the exhibition in Bradford on my birthday back in May. Did you enjoy it? It was better than I expected it to be, however, I did notice loads of mistakes. For example, stating that Tomorrow Never Dies came out in 1987 rather than 1997 and things like that. I was quite gutted when a few days after I had been, Richard Kiel, a.k.a. Jaws, attended the exhibition.