3 replies to this topic

#1 Double oh Ten

Double oh Ten

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 90 posts

Posted 28 September 2002 - 10:10 PM

I had a thought:
What if the EON bosses financed a series of short films using classic Bond elements and showing them to the fan community? Then, they can find the right actor, and possibly one that the fans would like to have.

This may sound crazy, but I think that if the fans got to see Russel Crowe ordering a Shaken not stirred Martini, or watching Hugh Jackman chat up the ladies. Or even Clive Owen have a few words with Q.

Maybe I'm losing my mind, what do you think?

#2 Tedley King

Tedley King

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 28 September 2002 - 10:17 PM

Personallly, I'm not sure if this is a great thing. I'm not saying it isn't, it may have some good points, as you say, finding the right actor, but that is what casting is for - after all, they found Brosnan (twice, but had problems the first time).

#3 Double oh Ten

Double oh Ten

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 90 posts

Posted 28 September 2002 - 10:29 PM

I suppose it was slightly off the wall, I'm just extremely nervous with all this talk about Russel Crowe and other completely daft ideas like Dean Cain taking over, as Ive stressed in the past: A REPEAT OF GEORGE LAZENBY WE DO NOT WANT!

Well, he could have been a good Bond, if EON and himself had given him time to settle into the franchise, other than just one film!

#4 M_Balje

M_Balje

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 29 September 2002 - 08:06 PM

Sorry, i don't think that Russel Crow now good enough is for the role of 007.
I wil see him first in a Action or Thriller movie.
what for time have you in your mind as Short movie ? 95 minutes,100 Minuts,105-115 minuts