This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Special Pleasure: Meeting Klaus-Maria Brandauer!

7 replies to this topic

#1 Tim007

Tim007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4821 posts

Posted 03 October 2001 - 09:04 PM

Two hours ago I had the pleasure to meet Klaus-Maria Brandauer, the villain from "Never Say Never Again". He was pretty nice and I talked a bit with him. He thinks, Sean Connery is one of the best actors ever.

I had a microphone with me but it wasn't so much time, so I could'nt interview him. :)

But a friend has taken a photo of me and Klaus-Maria, well, here it is: (and don't worry. He has become very, eh, compact...)

Posted Image

#2 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 03 October 2001 - 09:54 PM

WOW. How comes you got to meet him? How? What did you talk to him about?

#3 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 03 October 2001 - 11:05 PM

Good on you Tim! Well done. A great event to be able to brag about :)

#4 001

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 October 2001 - 07:14 PM

Great for you Tim! I have never meet any Bondactors or someone with connections with James Bond. But Roger Moores wife is swedish and sometimes Roger takes a drive with his car and some friends have seen him in the car. Sorry that you couldtnt interview him, that would be nice to read!

#5 Tim007

Tim007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4821 posts

Posted 04 October 2001 - 06:05 AM

Dave (03 Oct, 2001 10:54 p.m.):
WOW. How comes you got to meet him? How? What did you talk to him about?

In my hometown Trier there was a festival last week. And yesterday there was a big "After"-Party, and Klaus-Maria Brandauer was there.
So I took my camera, a microphone and a paper full of questions with me, but he wasn't able to give me an interview. So a friend took the foto and he gave me an autograph.

We talked a bit about Sean Connery and Kevin McClory. As I told above, he meant Sean Connery is one of the best actors ever. It was much fun for him playing Largo...

Regards,
Tim

#6 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 05 October 2001 - 01:29 AM

Look at that smile! Priceless. :)
Don't know about KMB though. :)

#7 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 05 October 2001 - 12:52 PM

That's really good.

In an entirely unrelated subject, I went to Trier on my school's German exchange and I stayed in a village called Kasel. It was some years ago and this is all I can remember. Sorry.

You might not be interested, but what the hell, I've done gone told yer now.

Back to KMB; when you say compact, do you possibly mean chubby? It's a shame he's in Never Say Never Again rather than a proper film; greater shame because he's substantially the best Bond villain of the 1980s

#8 Tim007

Tim007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4821 posts

Posted 05 October 2001 - 02:39 PM

Hey Jim,
yes, I mean "chubby".

And of course, Kasel. A lot of friends live there. Did you stay at an exchange partner? And do you know his name? Most of my friends there have older sisters and brothers. So do you speak German?

What a random...! Kasel....

I attach a photo which is quite better than the first one, because I worked a bit with my graphics programme on it...