4 replies to this topic

#1 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 28 September 2002 - 05:08 AM

I was browsing a bookstore today and came across the Bond poster book that came out last year. It looked pretty nice, but had a lack of any real text. I read some criticisms of it being lacking in a lot of ways somewhere and that the German one released a few years ago was nicer. I don't read German and don't know if I'd want to pay for that one and the expense of getting it shipped to me.

My question is does anyone have either of these, what are the differences and is the first one worth the money?

#2 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 28 September 2002 - 05:16 AM

I have both and I can tell you it's worth it. It has many of the same images as the German book and several concept pieces that that German book doesn't have. And it goes all the way through TWINE where's the German books stops with the TND teaser. And, hey, it's in English!

#3 mccartney007

mccartney007

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3406 posts

Posted 28 September 2002 - 05:43 AM

I think the poster book you're speaking of is excellent. I believe there are a few mistakes in the book but I forget what they were. It obviously hasn't taken anything away from my enjoyment of the book.

#4 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 29 September 2002 - 02:29 AM

Thanks for the input, guys. It's as good as on my holiday wish list.

#5 WarBird

WarBird

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 370 posts

Posted 01 October 2002 - 04:30 PM

Does anyone know a link so I can look at a pic of this book? It sounds really interesting.