19 replies to this topic

#1 BlackFire

BlackFire

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1300 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 07:12 PM

There was a rumour that in multiplayer, you could use Craig, Brosnan and the other Bonds..

Is this true or wast just a really bad joke?

#2 bond_azoozbond

bond_azoozbond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 383 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 07:23 PM

There was a rumour that in multiplayer, you could use Craig, Brosnan and the other Bonds..

Is this true or wast just a really bad joke?

we hope that there will be , but no official word on that .

#3 agentjamesbond007

agentjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:48 PM

I don't really know. All they have been talking about is the single player part of the game.

But I hope is is better than the Nightfire multiplayer characters. Some don't even look like like the ones in the movies.

#4 Slapdown

Slapdown

Cadet

• Crew
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 09:05 PM

It would be great if they had older Bonds and classic levels from older Bond games. I want the Facility :(

#5 BlackFire

BlackFire

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1300 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 09:40 PM

Yeah, Facilty remade; the dream of everyone who played GoldenEye.

#6 Harpy007

Harpy007

Cadet

• Crew
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 02:25 PM

Yeah you're right, Facility in Quantum would be a dream come true. I wish Microsoft/Rare/Nintendo/Activision could have agreed to release the Goldeneye remake at the same time as Quantum. Maybe free with the collector's edition? A guy can dream :(

#7 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 02:30 PM

It is apparently very true. Bond vs Bond mode. I can't wait to see something of it.

#8 YouKnowTheName

YouKnowTheName

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 227 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 10:19 PM

Bond vs Bond and GoldenEye maps, and indeed a re-release of GoldenEye itself would all rule, but, alas, are legally impossible.

#9 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 07:31 AM

Bond vs Bond and GoldenEye maps, and indeed a re-release of GoldenEye itself would all rule, but, alas, are legally impossible.

Hm. I do recall the Bond vs Bond thing being announced a little while ago. That could be the ace up their sleeve.

#10 YouKnowTheName

YouKnowTheName

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 227 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 01:29 PM

If so, something must have shifted with the lawyers. I really can't see Brosnan being in it, given how bitterly he was dropped. And does anyone really want to play as Lazenby?

I'd be EXTREMELY surprised if this turns out to be the case. Although it wuld be a cool ace up their sleeves. Like most of the QOS film stuff or the entire Wii version.

#11 BlackFire

BlackFire

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1300 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 04:02 PM

If I recall correctly, an announcement was posted at the official site so I doubt a joke of that size deserved a post there. Well, we'll find out in 15 days!

#12 YouKnowTheName

YouKnowTheName

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 227 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 10:37 AM

The official site? When? Where? I missed that!

Maybe, you never know. Like I said, I think it would be VERY unlikely, but hey, I'm hoping...

#13 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 02:34 AM

It was first brought to our attention here:

http://debrief.comma...showtopic=48966

#14 Mr Teddy Bear

Mr Teddy Bear

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1154 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 05:08 AM

I'd like to be proven wrong, but as I said in the other thread: This won't happen. Bank on it.

#15 YouKnowTheName

YouKnowTheName

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 227 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 03:50 PM

If you could play as all Bonds it would be the games number 1 selling point. With a week to go until release and nothing official we can be guaranteed this won't be a feature. Shame, but not unexpected. Maybe they can save it for that massive Bond multiplayer game (with all six Bonds, map editor, splitscreen and bots, naturally) that I KNOW they must be working on...

#16 Daddy Bond

Daddy Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 04:12 PM

If you could play as all Bonds it would be the games number 1 selling point. With a week to go until release and nothing official we can be guaranteed this won't be a feature. Shame, but not unexpected. Maybe they can save it for that massive Bond multiplayer game (with all six Bonds, map editor, splitscreen and bots, naturally) that I KNOW they must be working on...

That would be VERY cool - a HUGE selling point for the game IMHO. I already like that the game is both 1st and 3rd person perspective.

I have always thought it was kind of creepy, by the way, to play a first shooter, and ONLY be able to see your arms and hands, but you can never see your feet or legs and you don't have a reflection. It's like your entire being is a pair of floating arms and hands.

#17 YouKnowTheName

YouKnowTheName

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 227 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 12:57 AM

The first thing I do in any FPS is back into a corner and look down. Usually, you can see right to the wall, confirming that you are a floating hand.

FORTUNATELY in QOS you CAN look down and see the rest of your body, like several modern shooters tend to let you do. I was going through the several million vids people made of the demo on youtube, and there is one where Bond looks down and you can see his shoes, which pleased me. Also, his arms extend and contract realistically when he looks up and down. Top FPS points all round. If I find the vid again I'll post a link.

#18 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 01:53 AM

Excellent. It's a small thing, but it all adds up.

#19 YouKnowTheName

YouKnowTheName

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 227 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 11:52 AM

Here it is. He looks down at 2:05.

http://uk.youtube.co...h?v=3ObbHJtN7_k

Okay, you can see his shoes, just his knees. But still, at least you get legs in this game.

#20 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 01:07 PM

Yes, I see.