This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

GoldenEye: Rogue Agent - How it should have been.

3 replies to this topic

#1 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 01:40 PM

Does anyone else think that GE:RA failed miserably due to the fact that it lacked flavour and a good story? How about if the game followed the Alec Trevelyan character from GoldenEye? I would have loved a game that was set from Alecs point of view. Think about it, setting a game between the 9 year gap in GoldenEye, using characters such as Boris, Orumov and Xenia. Alec working to set up the GoldenEye storyline. The first level will involve the GoldenEye PTS, such as Alecs break in to the facility, here will be the only time we see Bond until the last few levels of the game when Bond catches up with him in Russia.

#2 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 01:43 PM

Yep, that would have been a lot better. I remember saying this should have been done a while ago.

#3 Daddy Bond

Daddy Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 02:04 PM

Much better idea. I never finished playing through GE Rogue precisely because of the story. I guess the graphics were okay, the game play was alright, but the story was not there. I found myself asking, "Why?" and "What's the point of this video game?" "Why should I play this?" I couldn't find an answer that was satisfying. There was nothing compelling to drive the game play along.

#4 agentjamesbond007

agentjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 03:57 PM

It did lack a good story (unlike Everything Or Nothing) but the missions had a good length, had a good replay rating, and good graphics.