#1 [dark]

[dark]

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6239 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 07:38 PM

007 to become an annual fixture for gamers

Developer already thinking about the follow-up to Activision's 'Quantum of Solace'

#2 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 07:39 PM

Whoa! Big news. Good news. Nice scoop. :(

Hope it's an all original story like EoN.

#3 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 07:42 PM

Cool! I'm really looking forward to the QoS game, this is good news that they'll crank one out next year too! Do you think it's that racing game?

#4 deth

deth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2651 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 10:08 PM

this is a mixed bag for me... often cranking out a title a year means a significant loss of quality, especially in the gaming industry... and especially now that development cycles are a bit longer overall than they used to be. Frankly, a new game every 3 years would be better imo...

#5 Melancholy Productions

Melancholy Productions

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 174 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 11:18 PM

this is a mixed bag for me... often cranking out a title a year means a significant loss of quality, especially in the gaming industry... and especially now that development cycles are a bit longer overall than they used to be. Frankly, a new game every 3 years would be better imo...

Mmm, but if the games they're making are good...? I certainly have no objection to a new Bond game every year. A good way to fill in the gaps between films too.

#6 deth

deth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2651 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 11:34 PM

if it's the same dev team making it... then I have a hard time believing it'll be good. It's just too short a timeframe...

#7 Bondian

Bondian

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8019 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 01:16 AM

My son's going to love killing his dad at these. :(

#8 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 01:54 AM

if it's the same dev team making it... then I have a hard time believing it'll be good. It's just too short a timeframe...

It's not. That said, Treyarch will likely release a Bond game in 2010 to probably coincide with the release of Bond 23 if Eon stays on track for a film every 2 years.

The plan was to release a Bond game every year. So in that respect this really isn't news, but it does confirm that another Bond game is far enough along for a 2009 release.

#9 deth

deth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2651 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 01:58 AM

well, we'll see. 'and when the time comes, even I won't want to say I told you so' :(

#10 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 02:42 AM

Cool. Some original stories would be nice but I'd pass on the driving only game. Too many bad memories of 007 Racing. :(

#11 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 04:38 AM

Nice to see they're going to keep things going at a steady basis so far.

#12 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 04:12 AM

Great news. Their first offering, QoS, looks to be a solid start. I hope the second can continue that sense of energy and spirit, whatever it may be.

#13 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 03:55 AM

will they be doing games with Daniel Craig's bond or perhaps going back and doing folms like Live and let Die or On her Majesties Secret service.

#14 dogmanstar

dogmanstar

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 446 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 04:03 AM

Or what about Craig's Bond in LALD or OHMSS? My guess is that they will do original stories with Craig's likeness--though the first idea would be cool.

#15 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 06:51 AM

Or what about Craig's Bond in LALD or OHMSS? My guess is that they will do original stories with Craig's likeness--though the first idea would be cool.

I wouldn't want the first suggestion to take place. I would like either original stories with Craig, or film adaptions, OHMSS most of all.

#16 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 08:25 PM

I wouldn't want the first suggestion to take place. I would like either original stories with Craig, or film adaptions, OHMSS most of all.

especally if they create a level based on Bond sneaking around Piz Gloria no weapons.

it would be cool.

#17 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 12:08 PM

This is indeed VERY good news. The only concern I have is if the games wull remain in first person. If we did eventually have a film based game, especially On Her Majesty’s Secret Service I would LOVE for it to be completely in third person. I want to see Lazenby all the time.

#18 chriso

chriso

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 12:21 PM

Great news! Hope the new Bond game will be a new 007 racing.

The ultimate Bond game would be a game which should include scenes from every Bond movie. So you start playing a level from Dr No and the last level would be one from QOS. It would be awesome if Activision could develope such a Bond game in the near future.

#19 bond_azoozbond

bond_azoozbond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 383 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 08:49 PM

http://www.videogame...-2008-9585.html

#20 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 08:54 PM

This is brilliant news, i'm very much hoping for a film adaptation.

#21 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 09:13 PM

This is brilliant news, i'm very much hoping for a film adaptation.

I dunno, I would assume they'd want to use Craig's Bond again, so perhaps it'll be an Everything or nothing style game not connected to any particular film.

#22 YouKnowTheName

YouKnowTheName

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 227 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 09:23 PM

I'm not sure that would work. the reason this game (QOS) has to be a film tie in is because you can't set it anywhere else. Before CR Bond isn't a 00. After QOS we don't know what happens, and the films are back to back, so nothing can be set in between.

I think it will be more of a spin off. Maybe a driving based game or some such. I'm not sure how a direct sequel, even if it's not based on the films, would work.

I hoping for a multiplayer based game, like Quake 4 or Turok Rage Wars (if anyone remembers that). Splitscreen, online, all the playable Bonds they can get, arenas based on classic films, levels editors, all the trimmings. Like Perfect Dark had, but way more so.

#23 bond_azoozbond

bond_azoozbond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 383 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 09:41 PM

it's look like a game based on bond 23 with driving section and all things ? I'm wondering who behind the 2009 bond game and how it will be ?!?

#24 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 03:13 AM

Now on the CBn main page...

Developer already thinking about the follow-up to Activision's 'Quantum of Solace'

#25 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 09:25 PM

I'm not sure that would work. the reason this game (QOS) has to be a film tie in is because you can't set it anywhere else. Before CR Bond isn't a 00. After QOS we don't know what happens, and the films are back to back, so nothing can be set in between.

I think it will be more of a spin off. Maybe a driving based game or some such. I'm not sure how a direct sequel, even if it's not based on the films, would work.

I hoping for a multiplayer based game, like Quake 4 or Turok Rage Wars (if anyone remembers that). Splitscreen, online, all the playable Bonds they can get, arenas based on classic films, levels editors, all the trimmings. Like Perfect Dark had, but way more so.

well that is why i feel redoing say OHMSS as a bond game would be cool.

However perhaps the end of QOS does indeed impact the next 007 game.

#26 LazyAmerican24

LazyAmerican24

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 01:42 AM

I was recently thinking about how awesome it would be if they adapted one of the older Bond films for a game. I mean they did from Russia With Love(Connery), Pierce made 5 games, Craig has QoS and the next one in 2009, how cool would it be to make a game out of TSWLM or TLD even OHMSS would be cool as a game. Running around as Roger Moore or Tim Dalton beating baddies in 3rd person would kick major :( wouldn't you agree.

#27 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 01:56 AM

Yep, it would be. I’ve been wanting an OHMSS videogame for a while now. I hope Activision would be up to the task, because it would have to be of high quality - since the film, soundtrack and novel are. We wouldn't want them shaming the brand.