Posted 05 September 2008 - 06:48 PM

Dalton in For Your Eyes Only

I like these 3 best:

http://007art.free.f...ton_fyeo_3.html

http://007art.free.f...ton_fyeo_4.html

http://007art.free.f...ton_fyeo_1.html

This one isn't quite as good as the above 3 but still good-

http://007art.free.f...ton_fyeo_2.html

Makes me wish even more that Dalton started with this one.

Also, Dalton in Octopussy

http://007art.free.f...ctopussy_1.html

http://007art.free.f...ctopussy_2.html

http://007art.free.f...ctopussy_3.html

http://007art.free.f...ctopussy_4.html

I still like Rog in Octopussy though although a rewritten OP tailored to Tim's talents would've worked also.

#2 Safari Suit

Safari Suit

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5099 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 06:58 PM

Tim in FYEO; Very, very good idea with or without rewriting

Tim in OP; Not a match, unless we're talking about a completely different film with the same title

Actually, I'm probably doing his versitility a great disservice there but still, Rog was born to be in that film.

BTW Aishwarya Rai would have been ten in 1983! Not sure what the thinking was there!

#3 PrinceKamalKhan

PrinceKamalKhan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11139 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 07:10 PM

Agree. Although these posters don't have Lynn Holly Johnson's name listed. I'm assuming no Bibi Dahl. Which is fine since FYEO is supposed to be a "serious" Bond film.

Tim in OP; Not a match, unless we're talking about a completely different film with the same title

Agree. For it to work with Tim, they would need to eliminate the campier aspects of the film(Tarzan yell, comedy in the Udaipur chase, acrobatic women). Make it more serious and darker with Octopussy as a villainess in league with Prince Kamal Khan and General Orlov. Perhaps, make Magda the heroine and have Bond turn her to his side.

Actually, I'm probably doing his versitility a great disservice there but still, Rog was born to be in that film.

Agreed. With the same OP script we have now, Sir Rog just belongs in OP. The solution would be for OP and FYEO to change places in order. OP could've been Sir Rog's finale and FYEO could've been Tim's debut.

BTW Aishwarya Rai would have been ten in 1983! Not sure what the thinking was there!

It's the wonderful world of the imagination :(. Maud Adams should only have played Octopussy if Sir Rog was playing Bond opposite her. Can't see the same chemistry happening between her and Tim.

#4 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:01 PM

I REALLY like th first two Octopussy posters. I miss that old look of the Bond artwork

#5 byline

byline

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 01:25 AM

Agree. Although these posters don't have Lynn Holly Johnson's name listed. I'm assuming no Bibi Dahl. Which is fine since FYEO is supposed to be a "serious" Bond film.

But even if she were, it would've made a whole lot more sense with Dalton playing the role. With him at the age he would've been in 1981, I can see a teenager falling for the tall, dark, handsome type. With Moore, it was just . . . well, kinda creepy.

#6 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 01:39 AM

I wonder how the Laz-ster would look in a FYEO poster... :(

#7 Mr Teddy Bear

Mr Teddy Bear

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1154 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 04:32 AM

I REALLY like th first two Octopussy posters. I miss that old look of the Bond artwork

Couldn't agree more. I really like the first FYEO one too. You just couldn't walk past a poster like that hanging up at the cinema and not find it visually captivating. God, I wish EoN management would've shaken things up a bit more in the 80s and given Dalton a real chance.

Edited by Mr Teddy Bear, 06 September 2008 - 04:34 AM.

#8 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 07:54 AM

Great Artwork! I love the first Octopussy one.

#9 ChrissBond007

ChrissBond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1552 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 12:44 PM

Very good artwork indeed! But I think Roger Moore was fantastic in FYEO and Octopussy, don't know if Dalton should done it better. Dalton should have start with AVTAK, because Moore was too old of course.

#10 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 09:02 PM

So near, and yet, so far...

http://img380.images...eodaltonfh6.jpg

#11 stamper

stamper

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2994 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 06:22 AM

This last one is great Royal Dalton -- Ah, to think of what the 80's would have been if Dalton had started with FYEO-- But Old Cubby was afraid of change.

#12 DR76

DR76

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1673 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 03:35 PM

I consider FYEO to be one of the best Bond movies . . . ever. And Cubby didn't need Dalton. He had Roger Moore, who gave one of his best performances. OCTOPUSSY was another first-class movie, despite some of the silly humor. Again, it did just fine with Moore.

Also, Dalton had TLD, which I also view as one of the best Bond movies ever. He didn't need FYEO or OP.

Edited by DR76, 09 September 2008 - 03:39 PM.

#13 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 03:49 AM

I think FOR YOUR EYES ONLY is one of the most dull Bond entries, and a lot of that has to do with unsuccessfully forcing Moore (who has never seemed more grandpa-esque) into a grittier entry. It's all half-hearted.

A more intentional take on the material with Dalton in the role would have been pretty interesting. Lose some of the slapstick and stupidity, give the whole thing some zest, and you might just have something.

#14 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 05:05 AM

I consider FYEO to be one of the best Bond movies . . . ever. And Cubby didn't need Dalton. He had Roger Moore, who gave one of his best performances. OCTOPUSSY was another first-class movie, despite some of the silly humor. Again, it did just fine with Moore.

Also, Dalton had TLD, which I also view as one of the best Bond movies ever. He didn't need FYEO or OP.

Agreed. While I would have liked to have seen Dalton get more films, I like FYEO just the way it is. I thought that Moore was great in the film (and turned in his best performance as Bond) to the point that he could have played the role in a more serious fashion for his entire tenure and been just as good in the role.

#15 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 06:00 AM

Fantastic posters, as always. Love seeing these alternate takes on previous Bonds.

#16 marygoodnight

marygoodnight

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 06:34 AM

lol Dalton in those films would have been a disaster

#17 Mr Teddy Bear

Mr Teddy Bear

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1154 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:25 AM

lol Dalton in those films would have been a disaster

How so? Care to elaborate rather than just providing a glib remark?

#18 stamper

stamper

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2994 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 08:43 AM

Dalton in FYEO would have had the same impact Craig made recently, for the 80's -- nuff said

#19 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 09:25 PM

I think Miss Goodnight needs to be silenced. Goodnight, Goodnight. :(

#20 Conlazmoodalbrocra

Conlazmoodalbrocra

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 09:36 PM

I think Miss Goodnight needs to be silenced. Goodnight, Goodnight. :(

Haha!

I believe that For Your Eyes Only was perfect with Rog, but by the time Octopussy was released, he was beginning to look a little bit past it (I mean that in the nicest possible way!) Perhaps For Your Eyes Only could have been Rog's finale, with a re-written Octopussy for Dalton's debut, A View To A Kill edited (less humour, more coldness) and The Living Daylights and Licence To Kill left as they are naturally! Then Timmy would've had four films to his name...

#21 Golden Claw

Golden Claw

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 219 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 04:30 PM

The 80s should have begun with a new Bond. It would have been a refreshing reboot and I doubt the series would've gone downhill. Timmy in FYEO and Octopussy would've been awesome: a new, young leading man. We would've been spared of Bond's father.

P.S: Aishwarya Rai was 10 years old in 1983.

Edited by Golden Claw, 15 September 2008 - 04:32 PM.

#22 RazorBlade

RazorBlade

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1248 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 04:47 PM

There was still too much silliness in TD's films. Sledding down the slope in TLD in the cello case. Less of that and more of the good spy stuff and I think we would have had a great run of TD.

#23 john.steed

john.steed

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 271 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 08:25 PM

As FYEO is one of my very favorites Bonds, I am quite glad that Moore continued as Bond into the 1980s. Perhaps it might have worked if Dalton had come in at the time of AVTAK but I just love too much the scenes between the old pros Moore and McNee. I do wish Dalton had played Bond in more films- in 1991 and 1993.

#24 BoogieBond

BoogieBond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 10:30 PM

I would have TD take over in OP. I think Roger is still convincing up to FYEO, and I like Rogers performance in it and the "Back to basics" approach. I like it as it is. :(
With OP he is showing his age for me. But having watched OP recently, it is such a Roger film. It has the "Stamp of Rog" all over it, so it would need some serious reworking for Dalton.
With AVTAK, I feel Dalton should have stepped in definitely there, and some reworking to maybe flesh out some of the Fleming short stories, and some darker tone would have complimented Dalton. Along with a film in 91, that would have given Dalton a 3/4 film stretch at least. :)

Edited by BoogieBond, 15 September 2008 - 10:31 PM.

#25 Major D.Smythe

Major D.Smythe

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 06:14 PM

Those are good, but my favourite "what if" poster, is the Dalton in Colonel Sun. Now that one is nice.

#26 Quincy

Quincy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 229 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 12:22 AM

Now that I think about it, FYEO would have been the perfect Bond film for Dalton.

Moore still owns!

#27 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 01:58 AM

Although I think the confrontation on the train with Gen. Orlov was one of Moore's strongest serious moments of the series, I can't help but think how good Dalton could have also been in that scene, rather like his confrontation with Pushkin in TLD.

I don't think Dalton could have done very well with the gambling scene, though. Moore's cocky approach of annoying his enemies shines through there. That was a cool Bond quality Dalton either didn't have or never got the chance to try.

Best the way things turned out, I'd say.

#28 Ozzman313

Ozzman313

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 03:34 AM

I loved the 1st For Your Eyes Only poster, would've been nice to see what Dalton could've done with Bond in that movie....

Someone should take a crack at making posters for the never made film, Property Of A Lady :( (Unless of course someone already has)

Edited by Ozzman313, 07 December 2008 - 03:36 AM.