933 replies to this topic

#31 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 12:39 PM

I also like the one with Craig and M in the snow! It's really dark, isn't it?

Dark as in gritty or Dark as in weather?

#32 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 12:43 PM

I like the Arterton picture and Bond/White picture. Looks like White's been going through a rather thorough interrogation (clearly no longer a lost art :( ).

#33 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 12:58 PM

Great looking story icons they have on that site. I wish I’d’ve created them.

Oh, wait. I did. :)

Lol... well, I work on that site. Don't sue me please, I'm making new icons, we're using yours to make the bulletins more intresting. Hope you'll understand boy :(

Ah... That’s cool, Nico. I’d just like CBn to get credit. Though since I don’t read Spanish (is it?) and the Yahoo translator is awful, it could be there and I’d never know it.

#34 bonds_walther

bonds_walther

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 419 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 01:33 PM

Very cool pics!

#35 Daddy Bond

Daddy Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 02:09 PM

I've been thinking the same thing for a while, everything looks so...sterile. After the rich colors of CR in the Bahamas, these pictures seem a bit bland. They actually remind me of some of the Bond sets of the 70's, although I admit I'm not sure why.
That being said, I'm very excited for the movie, with the talent of this cast it should be great.

Yeah, but look at some of the other images we've seen, like the one of Bond crouching over Camille with his gun out; it's up against an orange background. Or the ones from the actual streets of Siena and from the harbour here they were filming. Plenty of colour there.

Why didn't they choose her for the main Bond girl role? :( :) :)

Because the lead Bond Girl has to be Bolivian. I suspect she was made half-Bolivian, half-Ukranian because Olga Kurylenko couldn't quite eradicate her native accent.

Not that there aren't any really good looking shots in QOS. Not that there isn't any good color in the film. Not that the tinting or overall look doesn't work for the story. I'm talking about "tinting" films as a trend in film making. Not that it hasn't been done in the past. I'm just not so sure if I like the somewhat dismal results (visually) of this kind of film making. A bit like the camera shaking in Bourne Ultimatum. The film was one of my favorites, but I disliked many of the "shakey cam" shots.

#36 chriso

chriso

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 02:24 PM

Thanks for the great pictures!

I like the one where Leiter and the other guy are sitting in the CIA jet and I also find that the picture with Bond and Mr. White looks very good!

#37 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 06:07 PM

Lol... well, I work on that site. Don't sue me please, I'm making new icons, we're using yours to make the bulletins more intresting. Hope you'll understand boy :)

Ah... That’s cool, Nico. I’d just like CBn to get credit. Though since I don’t read Spanish (is it?) and the Yahoo translator is awful, it could be there and I’d never know it.

:( Ok. I'm writing to the webmaster right now. Well, we all know CBn is the best site of James Bond news everywhere, so we translate a shorter version of the news here, but don't worry, we will credit the site.

Yes, it's in Spanish.

#38 marygoodnight

marygoodnight

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 06:48 PM

Lol... well, I work on that site. Don't sue me please, I'm making new icons, we're using yours to make the bulletins more intresting. Hope you'll understand boy :)

:( Ok. I'm writing to the webmaster right now. Well, we all know CBn is the best site of James Bond news everywhere, so we translate a shorter version of the news here, but don't worry, we will credit the site.

Yes, it's in Spanish.

hahahhaha thats funny !!!!!

#39 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 07:14 PM

Is it? :(

#40 Mister E

Mister E

Resigned

• Discharged
  • PipPipPip
  • 2160 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 08:05 PM

I am so loving the look of the film, clasy, modern, and smart.

#41 stamper

stamper

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2994 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 11:04 PM

That mustache guy from the CIA looks ridiculous. Back into DAD mode ? I'm wondering...

#42 Mister E

Mister E

Resigned

• Discharged
  • PipPipPip
  • 2160 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 11:06 PM

That mustache guy from the CIA looks ridiculous. Back into DAD mode ? I'm wondering...

Why ?

#43 marygoodnight

marygoodnight

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 11:44 PM

Why ?

yeah whats with that look? ONE GOOD SCENE OF THE MOVIE WOULD BE TO HAVE GREENE OR HIS MEN BLOW UP THE CIA PLANE ALONG WITH MUSTACHE MAN AND LEITER.

#44 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 11:47 PM

Why ?

yeah whats with that look? ONE GOOD SCENE OF THE MOVIE WOULD BE TO HAVE GREENE OR HIS MEN BLOW UP THE CIA PLANE ALONG WITH MUSTACHE MAN AND LEITER.

Just because he has a moustache? Odd.

#45 Mister E

Mister E

Resigned

• Discharged
  • PipPipPip
  • 2160 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 02:12 AM

Why ?

Just because he has a moustache? Odd.

I know, what's the problem ? The guy has a big mustache ? And ? :(

#46 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 02:33 AM

Now on the CBn main page...

James Bond interrogating Mr. White, Agent Fields, Felix Leiter, and more...

#47 Publius

Publius

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3225 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 02:38 AM

Yes, this is an outrage. The only people who should be sporting mustaches in Bond movies are Pedro Armendariz and Carole Bouquet. :(

#48 Safari Suit

Safari Suit

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5099 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 08:56 AM

Cause when I think of DAD, I think of mustaches.

And doesn't Felix have a beard? That's even worse than a mustache! Were in deep, deep trouble here...

#49 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 08:58 AM

I dont actually have a problem with the mustache guy. Actually he reminds me of James Gordon from Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.

#50 Conlazmoodalbrocra

Conlazmoodalbrocra

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:02 AM

See, this is what I love! NEW PICS!!! It's pics like this that make the mouth water, as they don't reveal an awful lot but still give you enough to ponder how the whole scene will pan out. Hats off to CBN for officially making me more excited about Quantum Of Solace!!! (like I wasn't excited enough!!!)

:( :) :) ;) :D

#51 ImTheMoneypenny

ImTheMoneypenny

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:15 AM

Great pics! I'm up to 9.8 on the excitement level!

There is a blue hint to some scenes of the movie, and natural sandy colours in others. I like it, personally, but I can see how after the lush popping colours of CR, this may seem on the washed-out bland side. And there's nothing wrong with voicing that opinion, that's why we're here on the boards, to talk about things like that. :( But anyway, the clothes/sets colours certainly produce a cold tone, perhaps reflecting Bond's state of mind?

#52 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 11:54 AM

I also like the one with Craig and M in the snow! It's really dark, isn't it?

Dark as in gritty or Dark as in weather?

Do I look like I give a damn... about the weather? :(

Mustasche guy? Traditional C.I.A agent!

#53 Judo chop

Judo chop

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7461 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 02:18 PM

I’ve been agreeing with those who find the color palette to be cold. I’ve noticed that since the trailer. Personally, thus far, I love it. Though I won’t be surprised at all if Forster picks some points in the film to use warm, vibrant colors for contrast. It seems that it’s been mostly the indoor scenes that have that greenish chill. From memory, the (South American?) bar scene with Felix didn’t feel the same at all; it was richer and warmer. The plane cockpit too. That didn't feel as sterile.

(Gemma has the look of someone whose just realized she's a 'disposable pleasure'.)

#54 00Twelve

00Twelve

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7706 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 03:37 PM

Loving that last pic of Bond with White. Looks as if he's speaking to him very quietly, and oozing with menace. :(

#55 Judo chop

Judo chop

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7461 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 03:49 PM

Loving that last pic of Bond with White. Looks as if he's speaking to him very quietly, and oozing with menace. :(

Yeah. Maybe some kind of menacing ‘secret promise’ while M isn’t listing that he (Bond) will take down the organization ‘no matter what it takes’. Hopefully it’ll be some REAL interrogation. Mind-twisting, diamond-sharp writing that puts us in White’s position, perhaps even letting us feel pang of pity for the man.

C’mon EON… GIVE IT TO ME!!!!

#56 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 03:49 PM

First thing that came to my mind as well when I saw that pic. That scene should really be something in the finished film. :)

#57 Publius

Publius

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3225 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 05:55 PM

Yeah. Maybe some kind of menacing ‘secret promise’ while M isn’t listing that he (Bond) will take down the organization ‘no matter what it takes’. Hopefully it’ll be some REAL interrogation. Mind-twisting, diamond-sharp writing that puts us in White’s position, perhaps even letting us feel pang of pity for the man.

It really seems like Bond took to heart the lesson Le Chiffre gave to him, and is now seizing the opportunity to turn the tables on the "bad guys." At the same time, he's obviously seething over the death of Vesper, who was driven to suicide after being sucked into a disgusting world she shouldn't have been involved with, and given that he finds her last message to him pointing to Mr. White, it's clear that this interrogation is doubly significant to Bond.

However, not only is Mr. White low enough to drag Vesper into it and get under Bond's skin with cruel sarcasm, as seen in the trailer, but when he inevitably drops the bomb on Bond by revealing that it was he who saved him from Le Chiffre, Bond will really be thrown for a loop. The dynamic of this scene has the potential to be excellent if the dialogue supports it.

#58 Double-0-Seven

Double-0-Seven

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2710 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 07:10 PM

Excellent pictures! I love the one of Bond and Fields as well as the one with Mr. White. The one of Bond and M in the snow is also quite cool. I think the dark look of this film is great. It makes me even more excited to see how Forster handled the film.

On a side note, add me to the list of people confused about the comment saying the moustache man reminds them of the Die Another Day style. He just looks like a typical CIA agent to me. There's nothing wrong with that.

#59 Judo chop

Judo chop

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7461 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 07:23 PM

It makes me even more excited to see how Forster handled the film.

Indeed it does! Like it or hate it as it stands, at the very least it looks like thought went into making the film. IMO, there have been too many Bond films in recent decades about which that couldn't be said.

On a side note, add me to the list of people confused about the comment saying the moustache man reminds them of the Die Another Day style. He just looks like a typical CIA agent to me. There's nothing wrong with that.

Memo to all: Nevermind the comment about the mustache. The guy's mustache is just fine. No sense chasing shadows.

#60 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 03:25 AM

Memo to all: Nevermind the comment about the mustache. The guy's mustache is just fine. No sense chasing shadows.

Yeah, saying - or at least implying - that the film isn't going to be very good because a cahracter has a mustache is like saying - or again, implying - that the film will fail because the title song sounds like Die Another Day: logic has apparently taken an extended vacation with its good friend common sense.

I mean, The Dark Knight was one of the best (non-Bond) films in a long time, and a major character had a mustache. This Gregg Beam, on the other hand, is secondary at best.

Edited by Captain Tightpants, 21 August 2008 - 03:26 AM.