11 replies to this topic

#1 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 05:50 PM

I was quite bored this afternoon and I decided to revisit the Tomorrow Never Dies video game. Nothing has changed since I last played on it, I still think its a fairly fun game. Sure, it doesn't live up to Goldeneye but It is quite awesome. I just played through a few levels, Russian Outpost, Hotel Atlantic one and the Satoshi Ishagura one and I still enjoyed it greatly. Hotel Atlantic was quite a brilliant level, possibly my favorite. I think it is fairly overrated, its a brilliant game really, a childhood favorite of mine. Considerably better than The World is not Enough and 007 Racing. The soundtrack is cool too. Especially the track on the official site.

http://www.tndgame.com/

Very Bondain. :tup:

#2 00Twelve

00Twelve

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7706 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 05:55 PM

Mmm, I think it's one of the weakest scripts of the series. I really enjoy the PTS (minus the "filthy habit" line from, ahem, James Bond), but after that it really goes downhill for me. Good music, but I can't deal with Elliott Carver. And nearly all the lines are mediocre witticisms. Not surprising, as the script went through absolute hell. And I would have vastly preferred the pre-typo title. :tup:

IMO, but of course.

#3 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 06:00 PM

I was refering the the video game, the thread title is quite misleading, sorry.

#4 Daddy Bond

Daddy Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 07:10 PM

Mmm, I think it's one of the weakest scripts of the series. I really enjoy the PTS (minus the "filthy habit" line from, ahem, James Bond), but after that it really goes downhill for me. Good music, but I can't deal with Elliott Carver. And nearly all the lines are mediocre witticisms. Not surprising, as the script went through absolute hell. And I would have vastly preferred the pre-typo title. :tup:

IMO, but of course.

:tup:

#5 Joey Bond

Joey Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 07:14 PM

I agree with you Mharkin. This was one of the first games I played on my Playstation (the first Bond game) and to this day I still play it regularly.

This was, if I got my facts right, the first Bond game to feature video shots from the actual movie. I remember going online to find cheat codes just to view the Surrender video at the end (If you're playing at 007 difficulty).

The soundtrack is amazing. The Carver Media Hamburg media cue remains one of my favorite Bond theme renditions to date, and the Hotel Atlantic+ Saigon streets cues are pretty good too.

Amazing game, although I must admit being biased, this being my first game from my first Bond movie and all

#6 Double-0-Seven

Double-0-Seven

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2710 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 06:55 PM

I no longer own this game, but I enjoyed it. It wasn't a long or particularly hard game, but it was a lot of fun. I remember really enjoying the Arms Bazaar level, as well as the hotel and driving missions. Overall, a fun game, but not quite as good as Goldeneye or The World Is Not Enough on Nintendo 64. It is, however, much better than The World Is Not Enough on Playstation, and of course much better than 007 Racing.

#7 mrsbonds_ppk

mrsbonds_ppk

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1297 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 08:11 AM

I think 00twelve...:) never mind. Just messing with ya 00twelve :) ;).

Anyway, I played some of it again not to long ago but I couldn't save. It was still fun. At the time when it came out I enjoyed it. Good game :(

#8 agentjamesbond007

agentjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 02:36 AM

Honestly, I don't really like it. I keep dying and you have to "move your whole body" just to get a good auto aim shot at someone.

:( Just plain bad! :)

#9 eddychaput

eddychaput

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 03:50 AM

I really didn't like this game. Even for its time I felt the graphics were shoddy.

#10 MR. BOND 93

MR. BOND 93

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 04:10 AM

Just plain bad. I was never into this game. TWINE on the other hand...

#11 eddychaput

eddychaput

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 04:20 AM

Just plain bad. I was never into this game. TWINE on the other hand...

Interesting you mention that. TWINE is one of the very few Bond games I've never played. Was it any good?

#12 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 02:58 PM

There was a FPS version for PC, but it was cancelled :(
Too bad we cannot play at least a demo of this unreleased version.
(check the Tomorrow Never Dies Limited Edition VHS for more info)