2 replies to this topic

#1 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 19 September 2002 - 11:57 PM

It's not really the Die Another Day trailer. But last night Village unveiled (well the first time I've seen it and I'm there weekly) there new self-promo. You know the Village - Where Movies Live adverts?

Well it shows coming soon films. Matrix II and of course Die Another Day. But it's the first teaser.

Anyway it shows "Where Heroes Live" and gives about 10 to 20 seconds of the first trailer. A tad enjoyable considering some of us have probably never seen it oin the big screen.

#2 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 20 September 2002 - 12:12 AM

This is interesting, but I may be out of touch with what's been going on in Oz the last few years.

Bond used to always be shown at Hoyts, but in the suburbs/major centers where there weren't any they would be shown at either GU or Village, whichever was around.

I gather Dan, you saw this in Melbourne?

PS: Is Hoyts in Victoria? Is Hoyts still around at all!? Maybe that's the reason.

#3 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 20 September 2002 - 01:29 AM

Hoyts, Village and Greater Union (as a rule) show the same films. They just offer different deals. Same ticket price, different shaped seats and some sell chips and some sell jaffas. Whoop de doo :)

But yes, Hoyts exists down here. It's just that Village are running promo adverts for themselves to try and beat Hoyts.