This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Official Quantum of Solace game trailer released!

35 replies to this topic

#31 sorking

sorking

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:33 PM

Looks like I'm the only one who's disappointed!

This all seems awfully flat and generic. Flashes of in-game violence have a different, lesser impact to movie violence - better to show what makes this unique. (Usual weapons, targeting system, 'big' events...seen it all before.) Only, there doesn't seem to be anything that does.

It's awfully concerning that the footage coming out feels so incomplete and underdone - the CR sequences at least should have allowed a good head-start on development. Makes me wonder just what shape it'll all be in with only three months to go.

There's a cliched, low-rent version of the Bond theme, and nothing graphically or in terms of interaction that puts this anywhere near the top-drawer. The comparison to Agent Under Fire seems worryingly apt - the films have evolved into something more complex, atmospheric and intellectual, and while the games could have done (Bioshock anyone?), all evidence suggests the contrary.

The gameplay clip on GameTrailers DOES show a little more promise, but it's generally the same old stuff (shoot explosive, knock hole in wall). I honestly think we're looking at review scores of the 75% and 7/10 variety.

Still, I hope to be proved wrong. I'd LOVE to be proved wrong.

#32 JD_2020

JD_2020

Recruit

• Crew
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:50 PM

So is Craig confirmed to be doing voice work for this game? It seems odd that they have Judi Dench speaking, but nothing from Bond.

Yes, Daniel Craig is going to be doing VO for our game. We'll have more details later, we're just starting to reveal details about the game :tup:.

For more info, go to www.007thevideogame.com, and be sure to keep an eye out for additional details in the coming weeks and months!

Regards,
-JD
Treyarch | Community Manager

#33 michallo_w

michallo_w

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 10:43 PM

So is Craig confirmed to be doing voice work for this game? It seems odd that they have Judi Dench speaking, but nothing from Bond.

Yes, Daniel Craig is going to be doing VO for our game. We'll have more details later, we're just starting to reveal details about the game :tup:.

For more info, go to www.007thevideogame.com, and be sure to keep an eye out for additional details in the coming weeks and months!

Regards,
-JD
Treyarch | Community Manager

Are there any other cast members doing voice work for the game? And are you planning to release demo? And more important - when?

Edited by michallo_w, 16 July 2008 - 10:44 PM.

#34 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 17 July 2008 - 12:15 AM

At the GameTrailers you may see actual gameplay itself. Looks fantastic! And the music! I love it!

Anyone knows who is doing the music?

#35 michallo_w

michallo_w

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 02:01 PM

At the GameTrailers you may see actual gameplay itself. Looks fantastic! And the music! I love it!

Anyone knows who is doing the music?

No idea, but sounds similar to "From Russia With Love' game. Anyway it's great :tup:

#36 Melancholy Productions

Melancholy Productions

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 174 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 03:30 PM

This gameplay footage only further adds to my excitement for the game.

I really like the look of the mix between the 1st and 3rd person POVs, especially having never played any games before that have this approach.

I hope we do get a playable demo at some point. Not one of those horrible timed ones either (ala Iron Man demo on PS3).