dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 02:59 AM

i did for ps2 i may also get the PC and possibly the Xbox 360 versions :tup:

Er...why would you want three versions?

I was also in Gamestop today and they had empty QoS display boxes, well really they were just black cases with the QoS logo on them. Still, it looks like they're pushing it as one of their Big Titles.

#3 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 05:39 AM

i did for ps2 i may also get the PC and possibly the Xbox 360 versions :tup:

You have a 360 and a PC that can play a game like this and you opted for the PS2 version?

#4 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 08:32 AM

I'm only gonna buy Quantum of Solace for PS3. why fork out for three versions? They're all the same anyway.

#5 michallo_w

michallo_w

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 01:14 PM

They're all the same anyway.

I hope so. Remember "Nightfire"? Did you play both console and PC versions? The PC version was so... Different.

#6 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 02:37 PM

actually i only have PS2 i'm on the fence as to wether or not to buy a new system.

as for why get Ps2 and PC well because of night fire the 2 games were extremly different (played and beat both by the way) I assume there wil;l be differences within the Quantum of solace

Edited by Quantumofsolace007, 12 July 2008 - 02:37 PM.

#7 Mr Teddy Bear

Mr Teddy Bear

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1154 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 03:45 PM

Well the PS3 and 360 versions will be the same, and I'm guessing the PC version will be very similar. Now the PS2 and Wii versions are a mystery. I wouldn't put down money towards them yet- we know practically nothing about them yet!

#8 The Richmond Spy

The Richmond Spy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1586 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 05:01 PM

Nightfire was a story all it's own, so I bet some of the differences in the console and PC version came about because the video game is the official story. Who is to say one version is more accurate than the other?

With QoS we will have a film to expect the game to go by, so I would expect to see extremely similar versions on PC and consoles. That said, I could be exactly wrong. Regardles, I want to see extra levels that may stray away from the exact movie storyline kind of like with GE64 (the Surface levels, Silo, Aztec, Egyptian).

#9 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 08:53 PM

They're all the same anyway.

I hope so. Remember "Nightfire"? Did you play both console and PC versions? The PC version was so... Different.

That was a bad port. I don't think the QoS versions will be all that much different. I do expect a different experience for the Wii version though, obviously. Wii games are very hit and miss with me, especially with first-person shooters. There's a lot of bad shooters on the system, but then there are some really good ones like Metroid Prime 3. Hopefully QoS will be as good as the latter.

#10 michallo_w

michallo_w

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 12:13 AM

I think that this is Beenox doing the port for PC, we don't have to worry about it. I'm jus curious about Wii, PS2, DS and PSP versions.

#11 Double-0-Seven

Double-0-Seven

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2710 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 05:21 PM

I'll probably just pre-order mine when it gets closer to the release date. When I pre-order games, which is not often, I usually just go around 3 weeks before the release date. I've got a Playstation 2 and an Xbox 360, so naturally I will be getting it for the latter.

I've also got a Nintendo 64, but I do not see it coming out for that system. :tup:

#12 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 10:01 PM

Can't wait for a demo for PC!

PS. I think I'm a Lt. Commander now. 1000 posts!

#13 michallo_w

michallo_w

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 01:04 AM

Maybe they show some gameplay on E3. I'm almost certain that it will be playable version on Games Convention.

#14 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 06:26 AM

Maybe they show some gameplay on E3. I'm almost certain that it will be playable version on Games Convention.

Activision won't be at E3, but they are having a small conference at 7pm PST on Tuesday to show off their stuff. Of course, it's possible Bond may not get much play time there because it's not just Activision anymore. It's officially Activision Blizzard now and Blizzard specifically has a bunch of BIG games coming that no doubt Activision Blizzard will want to pimp (StarCraft 2, Diablo 3, and the expansion to World of WarCraft). Additionally, tons of Guitar Hero stuff, Call of Duty which I assume they'd plug more than Bond, a new Tony Hawk, the new Wolfenstein, and Bond. Not counting whatever else they unveil. I expect something, but not a whole lot. New screenshots maybe, an actual trailer maybe. I don't know.