#2 Safari Suit

Safari Suit

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5099 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 06:29 PM

They've aged well.

And I agree with Dalton's points regarding analysation.

Edited by Safari Suit, 07 July 2008 - 06:30 PM.

#3 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 08:11 PM

Interesting combination!

Agreed. Nice find, ACE.

#4 BoogieBond

BoogieBond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:57 PM

Good One ACE. Enjoyed that.
They were very polite weren't they. Like the TD comment typically down to earth , that he found Savannah drab when he first visited it. But since it has evolved into a beautiful place.
Nothing like honesty from the Tim'meister. :tup:

#5 broadshoulder

broadshoulder

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 235 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:25 PM

He's right though. I visited Savannah in 1992 and you couldnt go south of the historical district as it was a no-go area. The historical district was enchanting but there was an undeniable poverty there. I like to think it has pulled itself up by its bootstraps.

What struck me about that was the sheer gentleness of Lois Chiles. She has a ladylike quality to her, shes extremely beautiful still and very intelligent. Easily one of the best surviving Bond girls.

Tim is as pin sharp as usual. The cynicism he showed about the acting proffession is the cynicism he used playing Bond. That world weariness that the man in real life had.

Thats what made him such a great Bond.

#6 KateWarner

KateWarner

Cadet

• Crew
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 02:36 AM

A friend of mine produced 2 movies that Lois Chiles was in. She said that Lois was a good friend of hers for many years until she moved back to Texas and that she was one of the nicest people in Hollywood. She wasn't ruthless or cynical or competitive like other folks.

#7 Cruiserweight

Cruiserweight

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6815 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 08:58 PM

Lois is still sexy!
More so even then when she was younger.

#8 dodge

dodge

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5068 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 04:35 PM

He's right though. I visited Savannah in 1992 and you couldnt go south of the historical district as it was a no-go area. The historical district was enchanting but there was an undeniable poverty there. I like to think it has pulled itself up by its bootstraps.

What struck me about that was the sheer gentleness of Lois Chiles. She has a ladylike quality to her, shes extremely beautiful still and very intelligent. Easily one of the best surviving Bond girls.

Lois Chiles continues to be my favorite Bond Girl. The icy cool demeanor....the sexy Texas accent...she was easily one of the hottest Bond Girls ever.

As for Savannah....I'm from Atlanta, so I've been to Savannah a couple of times. Not sure why anyone would want to go south of the historic district anyway. But it has exploded in terms of popularity, especially on St. Patricks Day. It's a picturesque city, and could work in a Bond film. It's one of the three most beautiful cities in The Old South: with New Orleans and Charleston being the other two.

Love the signature. But--but--I could've sworn I read somewhere that you were from Texas?

#9 RivenWinner

RivenWinner

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 256 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 04:13 AM

Man, Timothy Dalton's got such a great voice. I really wish he would work on more films. The guy's just downright awesome.

#10 Forward Look

Forward Look

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2062 posts
  • Location:Atlanta, Georgia USA - home of the 1996 Summer Olympic Games

Posted 28 December 2008 - 06:52 AM

Love the signature. But--but--I could've sworn I read somewhere that you were from Texas?

No, I'm born and raised in Atlanta. Did visit Texas once on business. Stayed in Houston about 5 weeks. Great city. It's true what they say about the state: Everything is bigger in Texas. The food portions were bigger. I mean, I'd buy a bowl of chilli and it was huge. The accents were huge. The people were larger than life. Great restaurants in Houston, btw. Some of the best dining I've ever had.

I'm originally from Iowa and I used to live in Houston before moving out to Atlanta. The chilli and Mexican food were awesome. Lukenbach is fast becoming a tourist trap, and the old Chicken Ranch bordello near La Grange became that way long ago. San Antonio's night life, on its Riverwalk, is even better than Houston's.

#11 FlemingBond

FlemingBond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:01 PM

I didn't realize Lois Chiles was actually from Texas. She was on the tv show "Dallas" for a year, where she was quite different than Holly Goodhead.