#1 Eddie Burns

Eddie Burns

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 232 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 10:01 PM

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrre has everybody gone

Necros....the only henchman with his theme and criminally overlooked as the second best henchman in the whole series (behind Grant). I mean he singlehandedly infiltrated a safe house and was involved in two great fight scenes. That fight on the plane was pretty original and very well done. I remember as a kid rewinding that fight over and over and over again. I especially loved how his theme kicked in when threw the net over Bond's face. I also liked how we didn't even know he was on the plane, so it was a suprise.

I loved the menacing look on his face when he was about to kill Saunders.

Anyone know where I can get an instrumental of his theme, the one that kicks in when he catches Bond by suprise on the plane? Barry was a genius because I really do believe the theme increased his aura.

#2 Mr_Wint

Mr_Wint

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2406 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 10:15 PM

Yes, that theme was very effective!

As for Henchmen music: Necros wasn't the first... Mr. Wint and Mr. Kidd got a theme too! And Oddjob also had a short tune... *pling* *pling*... :tup:

Edited by Mr_Wint, 05 July 2008 - 10:20 PM.

#3 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 10:49 PM

Anyone know where I can get an instrumental of his theme, the one that kicks in when he catches Bond by suprise on the plane? Barry was a genius because I really do believe the theme increased his aura.

I'm not 100% positive, but isn't that available on the 2003 The Living Daylights soundtrack?

#4 Mr_Wint

Mr_Wint

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2406 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 11:47 PM

I'm not 100% positive, but isn't that available on the 2003 The Living Daylights soundtrack?

Yes, the track "Inflight Fight".

#5 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 12:02 AM

Ah, there you go then. Thanks. :tup:

#6 Eddie Burns

Eddie Burns

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 232 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 10:40 AM

Thanks boys

#7 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 01:49 AM

Yes, that theme was very effective!

As for Henchmen music: Necros wasn't the first... Mr. Wint and Mr. Kidd got a theme too! And Oddjob also had a short tune... *pling* *pling*... :tup:

Nick Nack had his own theme as well.

#8 vednam

vednam

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 65 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 11:05 PM

Necros is my favorite henchman of all time. I LOVE both the "Where Has Everybody Gone" song and the other theme music when he is attacking.

I don't understand why so many people downgrade TLD because of seemingly low-quality villains. Koskov is not any worse than Kristatos or Le Chifre. And Necros is better than most henchman.

#9 Onyx2626

Onyx2626

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 238 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 06:44 AM

Necros and his sinister theme help this movie age well. Good observation.

John Glen has his good points, but the fights are not one of them. An exception is Necros in the kitchen fight. And the cargo plane fight

What happened to that guy anyway?

#10 Publius

Publius

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3225 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 10:15 PM

John Glen has his good points, but the fights are not one of them. An exception is Necros in the kitchen fight. And the cargo plane fight

John Glen or Andreas Wisniewski? I know Wisniewski was in Die Hard as the first baddie John McClane dispatches, and then sends back down the elevator with a message for Alan Rickman's character. He was also one of Max's bodyguards in Mission Impossible. Other than that, no clue.

As for Glen, hopefully in some earthly form of purgatory for directors. :tup:

Anyway, totally agreed about Necros's Theme. Might be better than the movie's title song, maybe even better than most Bond songs. Definitely an energetic piece of music. Hard to believe it was sung by the same person who sang If There Was A Man over the end credits.

#11 Conlazmoodalbrocra

Conlazmoodalbrocra

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 10:24 PM

John Glen or Andreas Wisniewski? I know Wisniewski was in Die Hard as the first baddie John McClane dispatches, and then sends back down the elevator with a message for Alan Rickman's character. He was also one of Max's bodyguards in Mission Impossible. Other than that, no clue.

As for Glen, hopefully in some earthly form of purgatory for directors. :tup:

Anyway, totally agreed about Necros's Theme. Might be better than the movie's title song, maybe even better than most Bond songs. Definitely an energetic piece of music. Hard to believe it was sung by the same person who sang If There Was A Man over the end credits.

Whoa! I really liked John Glen's movies! All of them! I'm not saying he was a perfect director, there are many flaws in some of his movies, but I thought all 5 were real gems of the series. In fact, Licence To Kill and For Your Eyes Only are two of my favourite Bond movies of all time. Let's lay off the poor guy!

Edited by Conlazmoodalbrocra, 14 July 2008 - 10:25 PM.

#12 Publius

Publius

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3225 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 12:37 AM

Whoa! I really liked John Glen's movies! All of them! I'm not saying he was a perfect director, there are many flaws in some of his movies, but I thought all 5 were real gems of the series. In fact, Licence To Kill and For Your Eyes Only are two of my favourite Bond movies of all time. Let's lay off the poor guy!

I was kidding. I don't wish ill on him. :tup:

I love four of his five, but that's mostly in spite of him. I definitely think he had his moments, just not enough to justify having the longest directorial tenure in Bond history.

#13 DR76

DR76

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1673 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 05:43 PM

The only Bond directors I have ever really liked are Terrence Young, Peter Hunt, John Glen and Martin Campbell.

#14 Eddie Burns

Eddie Burns

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 232 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 02:17 AM

Terence Young was amazing...Born to direct Bond if anything. Just like how Barry was Born to score Bond. I'm still looking for a Terence Young of our generation, someone with a certain flair with a moody and atmospheric vibe always lurking underneath, mixed with an element of class and danger. I don't think one exists.

Glen was blah, nothing really interesting ever stood out from his movies. I'm sure he's a good director but NONE of his movies had THE SHOT that would stick in the viewers mind. No visual flair, however his best was probably Octopussy (very underrated film).

Hunt was very good, but i'd have liked to see him do one more movie.

Campbell proved with CR that he understood the character and Fleming well. A performance as close to Young as you can get...

But,
Necros' theme is just legendary. I remember watching the film for the first time and feeling that Necros shouldn't have been killed off. He just had an aura about him, and that theme just made him more interesting. I mean, who else listens to music in the Bond Universe?