2 replies to this topic

#1 bond_azoozbond

bond_azoozbond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 383 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 07:33 PM

Just Like any video game , why we dont see that with bond games ??
we have many bond novels and many authors that they can write stories in bond for a game .
Conversion a movie to a game is Hard and if this done there will be many changes that not Wonder by the fans .
making new story line away from movies plots will be good in many ways ,that also allow for the develops to have a long time .
In game such as tomb rider , indiana jones , star wars > all of them are names of movies but there games are not connected with the film's stories .
Perhaps clearest evidence that EON game was not based in movie story ,and it still best bond game .

#2 agentjamesbond007

agentjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 02:42 AM

Perhaps clearest evidence that EON game was not based in movie story ,and it still best bond game .

Yes, it is the best original game so far, but also FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE was made into a game, even with Sean Connery. Even QUANTUM OF SOLACE has with most of the movie cast voices. What do you think of that?

#3 Sharpe

Sharpe

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 63 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 05:55 AM

Agent under fire, goldeneye rogue agent, nightfire...they weren't based on movies and in my opinion they were rubbish.

Goldeneye and quantum of solace (the latter is shaping up to be alright) are based on movies and they're pretty darn good. I also very much enjoyed From Russia with Love - as long as the game is adapted in a logical manner I see no problem with it. From russia with love kept the original movie in tact, and I feel they updated it to fit in more with the modern bond movies with the greater emphasis on action, and they expanded some scenes into some decent action levels that made sense.

Goldeneye also did this quite well - adapted some scenes which were very short into longer sequences to fit more action bits in.

To be honest i'd love to have more bond games base don specific movies - e.g. some roger moore bonds would work well (moonraker, spy who loved me) and connery bonds (you only live twice has several scenes which I think would translate very well into game levels), etc.