terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 17 September 2002 - 10:19 AM

ok.

here's the ground rules:

we're trying to create a bond movie. we'll start with the outline and then, if we can, develop it into a script and/or a novel.

the movie:

we'll start by deciding the outline of the movie and develop it. no titles or character names should be mentioned before we have, at least a tentative outline of the plot. anything can happen in this movie. you decide the tone, the villain, the bond girl etc etc

the title:

this should not be decided until the outline is finished and then we'll all suggest titles and then vote for the best.

character names:

may creep in during the outline stages. suggestions are ok but we shouldn't settle on anything too early.

the song:

if we get this far, the song has to be written after the title has been chosen. so this is a long way down the track.

let the games begin:

#2 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 17 September 2002 - 10:29 AM

i'll start :)

i'd like a return to bold brassy bond movies of yesteryear. i like the look and feel of goldfinger, thunderball, you only live twice, the spy who loved me, the man with the golden gun and, yes, even moonraker. a movie like that hasn't been seen, until, we hope, die another day.

the return of blofield ? it might be nice to see the return of bonds original foe, if only briefly ( a la from russia with love and thunderball ) and not as the main foe.

but who should the main foe be ? it depends on the plotline and there are precious few original bond plotlines out there. i think it might be refreshing for a bond villain with no apparant motive. trevelyan wanted revenge on england, carver wanted a good story and elektra/renard also wanted revenge. what about a villain who creates chaos for the sake of creating chaos ?

the bond girls ? i've always like the idea of q assigning an agent to observe bond's usage of equipment. but this character seems limited and would amount to merely a fleshed out Molly Warmflash role. otherwise: a news reporter who figures out that something is going on. You could make this character a reverse of Wai Lin - she pretends to be a secret agent but is a reporter.

and i'd definitely like to see bond drive the aston martin again.

the villains plot: genetic engineering ?

#3 Colonel Moon

Colonel Moon

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 404 posts

Posted 17 September 2002 - 12:49 PM

Pretitle-sequence
Bond have to find stolen biological weapon?
Weapon is in truck and Bond is in helicopter with Robinson in military clothes

#4 Rich Douglas

Rich Douglas

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 17 September 2002 - 06:00 PM

I'll do the music for it, I'm sure dunphboy would love to contribute/colaborate as well. Just a thought though, maybe before doing the actual film, a teaser could be made first.

Rich

#5 Evil Doctor Cheese

Evil Doctor Cheese

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 17 September 2002 - 06:10 PM

Good idea Terminus.

Personally I'd like to see a real 007 drama. Aspects of drama, aspects of fun. A ruthless Bond, back to who he should be and not what the public has diluted him to be.

I'm not a big fan of the nuclear caper or the satalite caper... they've been done to death. As has the space threat idea. No chemical threat either... what does that leave us with? We can't have any plot including the weather (The Avengers). Hmmm... the genitc engineering is perhaps a good idea... but how does that create chaos?

I too would like to see the return of Blofled... my idea for the return of Blofeld... and personally this is the only way that I think he should return... is having him in a very Mason Verger role... he has been seriously damaged from being dropped into the chimney (and yes this is how he nearly died IMO). Skin ripped to pieces, further scarring, broken back. Maybe he has fallen into some luck with the villian or perhaps he is blackmailing our villian into helping him resurect SPECTRE.

I'll get back to you on more ideas... but it's a good start.

#6 Colonel Moon

Colonel Moon

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 404 posts

Posted 17 September 2002 - 06:38 PM

Blofeld was number one. Maybe number two can take control over Spectre. I can make title sequence for a song.

#7 Colonel Mooney

Colonel Mooney

Midshipman

• Enlisting
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 September 2002 - 07:20 PM

So is this movie actually going to be filmed, or is it just going to be an idea for a script? If it is to be filmed, what's the budget? If you don't mind, I'll have a crack at a teaser poster, you tell me what you think.

#8 Colonel Moon

Colonel Moon

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 404 posts

Posted 17 September 2002 - 07:35 PM

Kevin McClory would be proud if we could make an unofficial Bond movie :)

#9 Agent Lee

Agent Lee

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 September 2002 - 08:46 PM

I have an idea for a 007 film. The plot might not be completely original, but at least it has never been tried before in the James Bond films.

Have him go out on a typically mission, such as finding stolen nukes, or whatever. In the course of the mission, he would have to go undercover, in order to gain the trust of some criminals. His cover could be that he is a killer for hire. While working with the criminal gang, he could perform some outrageous stunt involving moving vehicles, and get knocked out.

When he wakes up, he would suffer a form of amnesia. He would forget that he is a government agent. In fact, he would forget that his name is James Bond. He would honestly believe that he really is the person that he is pretending to be.

I have seen variations of this theme before in assorted TV shows, such as Miami Vice. In fact, Brosnan himself did something very similar in his Remington Steele TV series.

Anyways, this would allow James Bond to get really dramatic, and ruthless. Remember, in the novels, he did lose his memory...

#10 Colonel Moon

Colonel Moon

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 404 posts

Posted 17 September 2002 - 09:21 PM

Very good

#11 Agent Lee

Agent Lee

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 September 2002 - 03:26 AM

My favourite villian is Blofeld, but would I very much prefer the Blofeld protrayed in Thunderball. We could tell that he was obviously in control, but we never saw his face. That element of mystery made him appear more sinister and dangerous.

In fact, for this proposed story, I say that the criminal mastermind in charge should never show his face. This is the twenty-first century, so every henceman should carry a cell phone

Perhaps we could have the top lieutenants could gather in a meeting room somewhere, and receive their orders from a speaker phone. Hey, if it worked for Charlie's Angels, then it should work at least once in a James Bond film...

#12 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 18 September 2002 - 09:49 AM

i read Colonel Moon's suggestion for a pretitle sequence and was thinking on it whilst sitting in bed last night. i fleshed it out and i came up with the following. I admit, I have been watching The Fast and the Furious and The Italian Job, influences obvious:

bond is protecting a scientist ( genetic engineer ? ) at a conference. but she is abducted and forced into a Jaguar, Bond gives chase in a Vauxhall VX 220 that he 'hijacks'. The chase takes them through the city and onto an empty stretch of highway. The Jaguar catches up with a juggernaut. The back of the 'naut opens and the Jaguar drives up a ramp and inside ( at the same time that both are moving fairly fast ) whilst a sniper, on top of the 'naut lays down cover that causes Bond to pull back. But, minutes later, the sniper hears something, looks up and turns to see a helicopter has landed on top of the 'naut. It lets rip with machine guns and kills the sniper. Bond gets into the 'naut container. Bond defeats two henchman and finds the scientist, but is then confronted b two more henchmen. He tells the scientist to get into the Jaguar, fires at one henchman and then jumps into the Jaguar, dropping the ramp and reversing out of the back of the 'naut. As the juggernaut heads into the distance, Bond turns his watch casing and the helicopter explodes, causing a chain reaction, the juggernaut explodes as well. Bond turns to the scientist 'well, i always did like and 'explosive' relationship ...'

then, fade to credits

OPINIONS ?

this movie isn't going to get made. it's, at most, going to end up as a script, hopefully, hosted here on cmgn. i'd love for the music to be made, a teaser to be done and a teaser poster to be made.

genetic engineering ? though this will come too close to ATOTC it might be viable for the villain to be creating a clone army.

#13 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 18 September 2002 - 09:57 AM

i like the 'charlies angels' -esque idea. perhaps, and this is tentative, we could merge this with the 'mason verger' blofield:

rather than just being plain mean, because of his injuries ( and i'm personally picturing a blofield meets zao thing going on ) he wants revenge against 007, MI6 and England. He's got the same motivation for going up against Bond that Bond had for going up against SPECTRE after OHMSS. Blofield, from his secret lair, is not seen until the finale ( if at all ) and directs his 'lieutenant' ( the main villain of the movie ? ) over an intercom.

one idea: i always fancied the idea of a civil war in SPECTRE. how about, a woman and a man vie for control. the woman is, unknownst to her, working for Blofield, as he vies to win back control. and the way he does this, is to send the woman into MI6 and give them evidence indicating the other guys plot. bond gets into this, kills the man, being fooled by the woman, though it all comes clear at the end. think of an amped up TWINE.

#14 Predator_007

Predator_007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 211 posts

Posted 18 September 2002 - 10:36 AM

Genetic engineering meets biological warfare ... the scientist is being kidnapped by the SPECTRE-esque organisation to fine tune their gene warfare technology - how about they actually manage to capture the scientist, with the final shot of the pretitles being Bond by the side of the Vauxhall (did I really write that? Bond and Vauxhall in the same sentance!) which has had both of its front tyres blown by the sniper's rifle.

I'd love Bond to go back to France - perhaps the lair could be in one of the Rhone valley chateaux or an abandoned WWII submarine pen (plagiarising greatly from the stillborn ajb forum novel, sorry). Chance for Mathis to finally turn up in a Bond 'film'.

How about the villains have taken over/launched a low-orbit satellite or a Blackbird supersonic spy plane from which they can launch their genetic warefare payload (similar to MR ...?)

#15 Colonel Moon

Colonel Moon

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 404 posts

Posted 18 September 2002 - 11:14 AM

Ok Profesor was kidnaped but Bond didn't chasing him because he wasn't there.
Then we see a Bond with girl in a love scene. Bond watch starts bip bip we see on an lcd screen in watch Moneypenny saying Bond have to contact with M. Bond put in blue motor clothes and he going on a bike . Bond is driving on a street and two bandits starts chasing him?.

#16 Agent Lee

Agent Lee

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 September 2002 - 08:12 PM

Actually, I also like the idea of a civil war within SPECTRE. Personally, I would like to see Blofeld disposed of, and replaced by someone even more sinister, and dangerous.

Since it is the 21st century, would audiences be receptive to the idea of the criminal mastermind being a computer? It has been done before, with excellent results, such as the MATRIX and TERMINIATOR films.

Conceivably, SPECTRE could build some Artifical Intelligence that becomes so smart, it acquires a life of its own, and turns on its creator, Blofeld.

Naturally, none of SPECTRE's henchmen or top executives would ever know that they were working for a machine. They would merely hear a voice on the phone, and assume that it is a human...

#17 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 19 September 2002 - 11:05 AM

ok.

i came up with a plot, that may be another satellite caper, but it has an interesting twist on the idea, and it is mixed in with the spectre civil war/return of blofield idea, though not a biological weapon caper ...

ok. use the pretitle sequence as i outlined earlier, but change the bond girl to m, she was attending a conference on the return of spectre and bond as her bodyguard.

then ( and i'm using names for characters here to make it easy )

spectre briefing: edmund harmsway and aurora wallace vy for control of spectre. harmsway has begun his plot but wallace is, unknown to everyone else, working for blofield. she is his lover, but he is restricted to a wheelchair and served by nurse helga. blofield tells wallace that she knows what to do ...

bond briefing: bond is brought to a briefing. wallace has walked in to mi6 and exposed edmund harmsway for his involvement in the plot. he is destroying spy satellites, not just those belonging to mi6, but cia, mossad, nsa, kgb, china, japan ... m assigns bond to investigate harmsway, so bond heads to ...

vancouver: where he meets harmsway in a ski chalet residence, attends a ball and meets wallace again. he breaks into the offices to find information, but is captured, though wallace is as well. the duo are left to die on a rigged oil tanker, but they escape with a bit of information indicating that harmsway is sabotaging the next launch from cape kennedy in florida.

spectre briefing 2: wallace brings blofield into spectre hq. wallace has served her purpose. helga shoots her and then blofield gets to dump her body down a chute ...

bond briefing 2: m has arranged for bond to join the upcoming shuttle mission. he gets a new car, the updated vanquish, and is assigned to flush out the traitor in the mission crew.

florida: bond meets astronaut, harley jordan ( the main bond girl ) and exposes the traitor in the launch crew. he and harley are almost killed in the explosion that destroys the shuttle, which bond and harley cannot prevent. they escape, but are in turn recaptured and taken to ...

bahamas: where harmsway has constructed a platform on his private island. bond prevents the launch of the satellite, kills harmsway and his henchman and finds himself stranded on a desert island with harley ...

spectre briefing 3: with wallace and harmsway out of the way, blofield assumes his rightfull place as head of spectre.

finale scene: bond and harley make out.

i know this is a bit too much, but i liked the plot and i thought it fit in with our main storyline ( spectre ). it brings blofield back and it isn't just another satellite caper. yes, i noticed the similarities to you only live twice, but ...

#18 Double oh Ten

Double oh Ten

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 90 posts

Posted 28 September 2002 - 12:55 PM

I know you're decided on the plot, but can i add something???

Following the genetic engineering plot, Blofeld has submitted himself to experiments conducted by Wallace and a kidnapped scientist.

Anyway, he now appears un-aged and we get to see Blofeld as a younger more fitter villain, one who can have a kick *** fight with Bond during the movie.

It might be pushing out the boat slightly, byt with what I have seen in the DAD trailers, it seems the Bond franchise is now going to, as VALENTIN puts it, 'Join the 21st century' in a Sci-Fi approach

#19 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 08 October 2002 - 01:13 PM

okay. i was thinking ...

take the current pre-title sequence and slide it in post-titles. bond is protecting the woman from possible abduction. and, on the juggernaut, he sees a screensaver indicating evergreen industries. he follows this idea ...

to vancouver. here, the same scenes as before. but with very different villain ( sylvia trench ? ) and anya amassova as the main bond girl ?

and then, the data bond retrieves leads him to hong kong and a rogue chinse general. general has given villain a submarine with which to launch bio-chemical attack on london ... sub pen is an old ww2 sub pen in france ( brief cameo by mathis and wai lin, who dies, killed by the general ? ).

call the movie ... dunno ? THE PROPERTY OF A LADY ?

#20 1q2w3e4r

1q2w3e4r

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1336 posts

Posted 08 October 2002 - 01:20 PM

I actually wrote a compleate novel on a simular subject like this in late '96 early '97. It involved the stealing of uranium from the mine's in central australia transporting it to the coast and sailing it out of the country in a Russian Foxtrot submarine that was on loan from the Russian govt to the National Maratine Museum. You can guess how shocked and annoyed I was when I read Zero Minus Ten and Benson's book included a whole section much like the beginning of my villians plan.

(I hadn't and didn't know a clue about Zero Minus Ten's plot then, I saw the sub in sydney which was fully functional as a spy sub and got to thinking) Needless to say that idea got scrapped pretty quickly.

I don't know if your actually talking about really filming this thing, but you've got to be careful you'll DEFINATLY get sued if you do. Just steer clear of MGM and McClory or they might get together!

#21 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 11 October 2002 - 11:06 AM

okay. if wai lin is going to appear in the hong kong sequences and sylvia is in the vancouver sequences, then the relevance of anya to the plot is irrelevant. too many cooks ...

remove anya from the plot and have bond escape from prison in vancouver on his own.

idea on the finale: bond and wai lin are taken to the submarine pen, an old ww pen ( which has been outfitted: think the goldeneye control room ). sylvia puts them on the submarine to watch the releasing of the bio-weapons in london. but, bond n' wai lin escape, incapacitate the crew and fire the weapon ( which bond learned was water soluble ) into the ocean floor. they then radio the un for help, indicating the ww pen position and use the sub to get back into the pen ( they stop to get a load of french commando's, led by 'commandant' mathis of the deuxieme bureau ) for the final assault. the tag scene with bond and wai lin would be in a hotel somewhere in france ...

overall, i think these ideas work better. anya's appearance in the last notes was very forced and irrelevant. wai lin is there because she's been following general dragon.

i'm not too sure on 'the property of a lady' perhaps there's a nice name we could use. coldfire ?

'a dish best served cold'
'revenge is a girls best friends'

- both of these would make excellent tag lines, as well as:

'don't take everything, take his life ...! - a line by sylvia ?