20 replies to this topic

#1 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 16 September 2002 - 08:53 PM

George Lazenby, Maud Adams, and Caroline Munro will all be at the HOLLYWOOD COLLECTORS & CELEBRITIES SHOW on Oct. 5th and 6th. They'll be signing their own pics and whatever else you bring along (for a small fee). This show is held 3 or 4 times a year at the Beverly Garland Holiday Inn near Universal Studios. Bond celebs frequently appear at these shows.

More info here: http://www.hollywood....com/garlan.htm

#2 Ry

Ry

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 16 September 2002 - 10:12 PM

Well Zen I will be there probably on Saturday. I live in the Valley so it'll be nice and close. When are you planning on going? The website doesn't give any information on when each of the celebs are going to be there. Are they there for the entire day or only a short period. You're probably the wrong person to ask, but what the hey!

#3 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 16 September 2002 - 11:58 PM

No, I'm the right person to ask because I always go to the show when there's a Bond personality there. I've designated my copy of The James Bond Girls as my "autograph book" and whenever I encounter a Bond Girl I have her sign it. I have over a dozen signatures in it--I'm hoping to get a girl from each film. I have Laz and Maud from the last time they did tis show (although I had Maud sign her Octopussy page, maybe this time I

#4 rafterman

rafterman

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 17 September 2002 - 03:22 AM

maybe I should go....hmmmm...it sounds cool...checked the website, there's gonna be a lot of people there....man, I'm gonna go broke...

#5 Ry

Ry

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 17 September 2002 - 05:48 PM

Thanks for all the info Zen. Hey maybe I will see you talking to good old George, Maud, and Caroline!

#6 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 17 September 2002 - 05:53 PM

Originally posted by Ry
Thanks for all the info Zen.  Hey maybe I will see you talking to good old George, Maud, and Caroline!

Look for me in line. I'll be the guy holding a copy of The James Bond Girls. Come up and say "hi." :) That goes for you too rafterman. Maybe we could all have lunch. They do a BBQ in the open courtyard of the hotel.

#7 Roebuck

Roebuck

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1870 posts

Posted 17 September 2002 - 07:38 PM

[quote]Originally posted by zencat
this time I

#8 Ry

Ry

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 17 September 2002 - 08:14 PM

Zen, I 'll be holding a James Bond Girl's book as well. That should make it easy to find one another. I would love to get together for lunch with you and rafterman. It will be nice to have a "real" James Bond conversation!

#9 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 01 October 2002 - 10:29 PM

Guys, just to let you know that Paul Kyriazi will be at the Hollywood Collector's Show on Saturday to see George Lazenby (he dedicated The Complete James Bond Lifestyle Seminar to George). So if you're on the look out for another Bond fan to chat with, be on the look out for him at the BBQ :)

#10 BondNumber7

BondNumber7

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 245 posts

Posted 04 October 2002 - 05:22 AM

I live in Los Angeles too, well actually I live in the valley but it's still L.A. Unfortunately, I'm too busy with school work to attend. :)

#11 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 04 October 2002 - 04:16 PM

Wanted to throw this back up as a reminder to all the folk in LA... I heard that Trudie Parks (Bambie from DAF) might be there as well, but I didn't see her listed on the mailer I recieved. I'm going tomorrow in the AMish. Maybe I'll see some of you there. :)

#12 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 04 October 2002 - 04:22 PM

Specking of cool LA star sightings... I went to a special screening last night of "This Is Cinerama" (in Cinerama!) in the newly restored Cinerama Dome. Sitting in front of me was John Landis, Betty Thomas, the guy who played "Putty" on Seinfeld, and, wait for it, Thora Birch! Thora freakin' Birch! (You know, American Beauty, Ghost World...) Beautiful, talented, young, and a raging movie geek (from what I could hear of her conversation). That was a nice two hours in the dark. :)

#13 Ry

Ry

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 04 October 2002 - 05:49 PM

I'll be there around 10:00 am. I hope to see you there zecat! By the way you are a lucky like man to have seen Thora Birch. I hope she is as beautiful in person as she is in films.

#14 BondNumber7

BondNumber7

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 245 posts

Posted 05 October 2002 - 06:04 AM

From the information I got from the DAF making of documentary, it sounded as if the actress who played Thumper had not seen Trudie Parks since the filming of that scene. She atleast sounded like she had not seen Bambi in many years and said how she remembered the girl to be a gymnast. Jimmy Dean on the other hand did not meet either girl as he left the set before Bambi and Thumper arrived. Maybe years later he finally met them but I'm not sure.

#15 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 05 October 2002 - 06:14 AM

I won't be able to make it this weekend, but enjoy yourselves.

We fellow LA CBn people should plan a night of "shop talk" soon.

#16 Tim007

Tim007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4821 posts

Posted 05 October 2002 - 09:53 AM

If anyone buys me a flight ticket to L.A. I will attend as well :)

#17 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 06 October 2002 - 03:40 PM

Ry and rafterman...

Sorry I missed you guys. Last time there was a long line for Maud and George, but this time I just walked right up to them. I was in and out of there pretty quickly (I even scored a killer parking space). Next time lets choose a specific time and place to meet. Maybe next time Bryce will come and we can commandeer one of those large round tables out by the BBQs and have a Bond/CBn summit?

Caroline Munroe was a sweetheart.

Oh, and Trina Parks was there last time. Darn! I hope she comes back.

#18 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 06 October 2002 - 04:18 PM

Originally posted by zencat
Maybe next time Bryce will come and we can commandeer one of those large round tables out by the BBQs and have a Bond/CBn summit?

Why wait for an event? Let's plan a hook up sometime before DAD opens and go for some "shop-talk". Any takers?

#19 Roebuck

Roebuck

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1870 posts

Posted 06 October 2002 - 04:45 PM

Originally posted by zencat
Caroline Munroe was a sweetheart.

Ain't she just! :)

#20 WarBird

WarBird

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 370 posts

Posted 09 October 2002 - 01:12 AM

They should bring some of the conventions over to the east side of the U.S., to share some of the fun. Even though it would be pointless to do so.

#21 Ry

Ry

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 09 October 2002 - 11:30 PM

I'm totally up for meeting some time to talk shop of Bond. Name the time and place and I will be there!