#31 [dark]

[dark]

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6239 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 08:25 PM

We have a hit. No doubt about it.

Devil May Care is currently resting at #12 on Amazon.co.uk, while it's the #6 pre-order at Waterstone's... and we're still a week out from release.

I think Devil May Care will need to be an absolute turkey (likelihood: nil) to fail to light up the bestseller lists.

#32 spynovelfan

spynovelfan

Commander CMG

• Discharged
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5855 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:05 PM

Ignore me. :tup:

#33 Gobi-1

Gobi-1

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1529 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 11:42 PM

I have to say I've seen zero advertisement for the book's publication and Fleming's 100th Celebration here in the states.

#34 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 12:43 AM

There's been some. The cover art got press. There was even a pic in Entertainment Weekly. There's also a small article in the current Starlog. And there's been several news articles already. In fact, the best article we've yet seen on DMC (and the only one that spilled some plot details) was in the Wall Street Journal.

True, it's nothing like the UK, but there has been something.

#35 ACE

ACE

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4543 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 02:23 AM

An advert for advert for Young Bond and teaser of Devil May Care in The Times editions of the books

"Come in 007," said M, "It's good to see you back."
Devil May Care

The scent and sweat and smoke of a Bond fan are nauseating at 3.00am in the morning...

#36 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 06:45 AM

Amazing. Absolutely amazing. I'm so stoked for DEVIL MAY CARE that QUANTUM OF SOLACE - which I'm looking forward to and have faith in, make no mistake - is by comparison a mere sideshow. I hope DMC is the spectacular bestseller it so richly deserves to be.

I completely agree with you. This is the first time that I've ever been anticipating the release of a book. Don't get me wrong, I love to read, but generally it's just whatever I can find at the bookstore that looks interesting rather than following release dates for novels. For me, DEVIL MAY CARE is my most anticipated form of entertainment that is coming our way this year, bar none. I'm greatly looking forward to The Dark Knight, which looks to be one of the great action/adventure/superhero films in quite some time, but if they were to release DEVIL MAY CARE on the same day that that film was released, I'd stay home with the book.

I just simply can't wait for the release of the book, and I'm doubly excited because I've managed to do something that I've never managed to do with a Bond film, which is to stay completely spoiler free (although I'm aware that it's easier to do this because of the fact that there have been far less spoilers out there about the book), and the only thing that I know about the book is that it's about James Bond and it's being written by Sebastian Faulks.