4 replies to this topic

#1 TheREAL008

TheREAL008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1190 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 04:17 PM

I admit I haven't read Higson's material yet, to be honest I was skeptical of a Young Bond concept. I thought it wouldn't really work, but now I'm taking an interest.

I was wondering if any one else thinks there should be one more book about how Young Bond earns his double-0 status and possibly the mission right after he's promoted?

In my opinion, I think it would be interesting to read about it. Mr. Fleming only gave a brief description so maybe a storyline about how Bond plans them out and how he deals with it would make it an enjoyable read.

So please, share your thoughts and opinions.

#2 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 04:29 PM

Well I've got no doubt that Higson could do it- he's great at writing Bond; probably the best person to write Bond who isn't Fleming.
But there's plenty of Bond's life between the end of the last Young Bond book and his becoming 007 which can be told. We even see this pre-007 older Bond briefly in one of the YB books.

#3 TheREAL008

TheREAL008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1190 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 05:28 PM

Good point. I never even factored in about the events that lead up to Bond even joining the secret service.

#4 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 07:27 AM

Well I've got no doubt that Higson could do it- he's great at writing Bond; probably the best person to write Bond who isn't Fleming.
But there's plenty of Bond's life between the end of the last Young Bond book and his becoming 007 which can be told. We even see this pre-007 older Bond briefly in one of the YB books.

Indeed, if it had to be done I'd want Charlie to do it. He can be the authority on the literary pre 007 years.

#5 Thunderfinger

Thunderfinger

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2019 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 11:22 AM

I