34 replies to this topic

#31 Leon

Leon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 08:30 PM

But it's been established that this is the actual interior of the building and not the film-set...

So you tell me, that the buildings we've seen, won't be in the film?

The buildings/site in the desert are being used, but I very much doubt they will use the real interior of these buildings for the film set interiors, they will be building their own in Pinewood.

I thought this was a photo of the film set, it isn't. Not surprising anyway as they would never release such photos so soon.

#32 Mr.B

Mr.B

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 08:34 PM

Oh, okay, now I got it. Thanks.

#33 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 10:55 AM

[quote name='Mr.B' post='854943' date='29 March 2008 - 21:34']Oh, okay, now I got it. Thanks.[/quote]

The big clue was in my post

[quote name='Shrublands' post='854722' date='28 March 2008 - 21:37']It

#34 HildebrandRarity

HildebrandRarity

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4361 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 02:38 PM

Quite.

There isn't a single James Bond movie out there in which the interior of an actual/real building or location was not altered at Pinewood or Barandov or wherever by the set designers to create a hightened reality.

Moonraker, filmed at soundstages in Paris, is littered with it.

It'll be very interesting to see Dennis Gassner's version of the Paranal interior. I can picture waterfalls, etc.

#35 Leon

Leon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 04:27 PM

Quite.

There isn't a single James Bond movie out there in which the interior of an actual/real building or location was not altered at Pinewood or Barandov or wherever by the set designers to create a hightened reality.

Moonraker, filmed at soundstages in Paris, is littered with it.

It'll be very interesting to see Dennis Gassner's version of the Paranal interior. I can picture waterfalls, etc.

I suppose it could still be the garden of death, but I don't think it would have any real plot use other than a novelty for the villain, and if that's the case I hope it's not used. I'd like to see it used in a Japanese setting anyway, with the bubbling fumeroles and whatnot. It's about time Bond revisited Japan anyway.