Multiplayer

10 replies to this topic

#1 Marty McFly

Marty McFly

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 11:48 AM

I haven't played the game, and am sonsidering buying it. Is the multiplayer first- or third-person and is it as good as GoldenEye 007?

#2 Rafael '00_Agent' Fernandes

Rafael '00_Agent' Fernandes

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 02:41 AM

It

#3 Double-0-Seven

Double-0-Seven

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2710 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 03:28 AM

It's third-person, but I think it's pretty fun. The levels are cool and there are a variety of traps you can use against other players. My friends and I still play it often. The single player missions are a lot of fun as well.

I would recommend buying it. I don't think you can go wrong, as most stores seem to have it now for under $20, so you could probably find it used for about $10.

#4 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 03:32 AM

It's not that bad, but it's no GoldenEye. What is?

#5 Bondian

Bondian

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8019 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 05:58 AM

Maybe I'm one of the few who loves the game.

We have many games, but there's nothing like having a pop at each other with the multi player feature.

It amazes me how good this game is. Not just for eight-year-olds, but old bastards like me.

This game rocks. Or as we Brit's would say "it's brilliant".

Cheers,

Ian

#6 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 06:01 AM

One part that I like about the FRWL multiplayer is the jetpack. That's always good fun. The armoured van isn't too bad either. It is mighty annoying when you respawn right infront of any of these two vehicles, but very fun if you are the one doing the shooting.

#7 Bondian

Bondian

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8019 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 06:12 AM

One part that I like about the FRWL multiplayer is the jetpack. That's always good fun. The armoured van isn't too bad either. It is mighty annoying when you respawn right infront of any of these two vehicles, but very fun if you are the one doing the shooting.

Yeah. My eight-year-old loves doing me like that. In fact it gives him great pleasure. The little bastard. :tup:

However. On the odd occasion I manage to "prime a missile" and love watching his face when he's trying to get to the safe areas.

The 'Gypsy Camp' level I usually win because he's too busy picking up the abundance of ammo on top of building etc.

But what can you do against a kid?. I just throw in the towel and steal his pocket money. LOL j/k

Cheers,

Ian

#8 Double-0-7

Double-0-7

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3629 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:33 PM

My 10 year-old son and I enjoy playing From Russia With Love multi-player. That bugger is particularly good with a jetpack and loves those tanks in the missle silo.

There are a ton of traps to set in the headquarters and hedge maze maps. Those mostly just irritate me!

#9 Bondian

Bondian

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8019 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:45 PM

My 10 year-old son and I enjoy playing From Russia With Love multi-player. That bugger is particularly good with a jetpack and loves those tanks in the missle silo.

There are a ton of traps to set in the headquarters and hedge maze maps. Those mostly just irritate me!

We buy the games, then get the brown stuff kicked out of us. :tup:

#10 Double-0-Seven

Double-0-Seven

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2710 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 04:22 AM

Indeed. My friends and I always have a lot of fun with the amoured vans. It's always a race to see who gets to it first. The silo in general is probably the best multiplayer level. An extremely large level with many places to hide, and it has both jetpacks and the armoured vans.

#11 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 05:41 AM

Yes, that is the best multiplayer map in my opinion.