Necros in "The Living Daylights"

24 replies to this topic

#1 Miss Goodnight

Miss Goodnight

Cadet

• Crew
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 04:29 AM

Having recently re-watched the Timothy Dalton films, I was really struck by the henchman Necros, played by Andreas Wisniewski.

After many Google searches, I can find very little about him, other than what is written on IMDB and Wikipedia. Can anyone help in finding any solid information/pictures/videos of him?

The Living Daylights was the better of the 2 Dalton films and Andreas played his part really well, at least in my opinion. Any comments on the movie/his performance appreciated.

#2 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 04:34 AM

If you've seen the first Die Hard film, you can also catch him in that as the first henchman that deals (well, tries to) with Bruce Willis.

#3 Double-Oh Agent

Double-Oh Agent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4325 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 06:41 AM

Andreas Wisniewski's Necros is great, one of my favorite henchmen in the series (#4 actually). He gives a great performance, is suitably menacing, and has the best fight scene not involving Bond in the series when he goes up against the Blayden Safe House butler.

#4 spynovelfan

spynovelfan

Commander CMG

• Discharged
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5855 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 09:12 AM

The actor changed his name, moved to London and is currently playing James Bond. :tup:

#5 Double-0 Seven

Double-0 Seven

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 09:40 AM

The actor changed his name, moved to London and is currently playing James Bond. :tup:

:tup: And his father played in FRWL...
Necros is an excellent henchman indeed.

#6 Cruiserweight

Cruiserweight

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6815 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 10:11 AM

One of the better henchmen in the series.

#7 Milovy

Milovy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 02:27 PM

Yeah, Necros was cool even though there wasn't anything "special" about him (wasn't a midget, didn't have steel jaws, etc). He was just extremely capable and never at a loss -- until the very end. I especially liked how he could speak in many different accents! And, of course, there was his lethal Walkman and his signature song. I suppose today he would have a lethal iPod!

#8 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 03:05 PM

If you've seen the first Die Hard film, you can also catch him in that as the first henchman that deals (well, tries to) with Bruce Willis.

Is it just me, or does Wisniewski look very different in DIE HARD, to the point where it doesn't even seem to be the same actor? I know that he's playing a different character, and has a different haircut, but for me it seems to go beyond that in some bizarre kind of way. Dunno, maybe it is just me. *Ahem* As you were. :tup:

#9 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 03:06 PM

Your're reffering to the second henchman, his brother :tup:

#10 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 03:15 PM

No. I don't mean the character played by Alexander Godunov. Wisniewski's character is the guy who has a fight early on in the film with Willis ("You won't hurt me - you're a policeman.... there are rules for policemen"/"Yeah? So my captain keeps telling me"). I know who he plays, but, like I say, he doesn't look like the same guy who's in THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS. To my eyes, at least. Still, it's probably just me. :tup:

#11 Mark_Hazard

Mark_Hazard

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 04:08 PM

For information on his other films, you could always check him out on imdb.com where they list 29 films, going back to 1986. His latest film Hush is currently in post production.

#12 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 06:44 PM

For all you film buffs, he was also in the first Mission: Impossible film, playing alongside Vanessa Redgrave and looking considerably older. :tup:

#13 Miss Goodnight

Miss Goodnight

Cadet

• Crew
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 09:57 PM

The walkman was the most interesting method of assasination, no doubt. & yeah I definitely agree that he was one of the best "normal" henchmen, considering his lack of metal teeth or a lethal hat.

I enjoyed his many costume changes, as well as his fighting capabilities.

Thanks for the overwhelming responses, I am still hoping someone has good photos/movie stills of Necros (in TLD and other films)...

#14 crheath

crheath

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 10:24 PM

Is it just me, or does Wisniewski look very different in DIE HARD, to the point where it doesn't even seem to be the same actor? I know that he's playing a different character, and has a different haircut, but for me it seems to go beyond that in some bizarre kind of way. Dunno, maybe it is just me. *Ahem* As you were. :tup:

I recognized him in Die Hard right away, though he did look different with the dry hair. I was a little surprised that he disappeared after these two films because I thought he was pretty good.

#15 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 10:58 PM

I always think the character of Stamper in TND is very similar to Necros.

#16 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 12:00 AM

I always think the character of Stamper in TND is very similar to Necros.

Except, of course, being far less interesting... :tup:

#17 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 02:42 AM

He's still noticeable, but yes, I'd definitely agree.

It took me years after seeing The Living Daylights and Mission Impossible on and off to notice that he was also in the latter.

#18 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 02:49 AM

It took me years after seeing The Living Daylights and Mission Impossible on and off to notice that he was also in the latter.

Coincidentally, with the same haircut Alexander Godunov sported in Die Hard... :tup:

#19 Double-Oh Agent

Double-Oh Agent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4325 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 08:05 AM

Andreas Wisniewski does look different in Die Hard. The big things are his hair and the glasses he is wearing in Die Hard. I think those things combined with the air about his character compared to Necros' is what makes him seem very different. Necros is a very confident, hardened, tough guy killer and he carries himself that way. His character in Die Hard seems to be capable but is less confident and sure of himself and he appears to be a little agitated when McClane disappears on him, something that Necros never would be.

#20 Licence_007

Licence_007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 10:22 PM

I'd never noticed him being the first brother that is dealt with in Die Hard. I knew the actor was in the film but I always thought he was the other one.

#21 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 10:46 PM

The only problem I really had with the character was that EON insisted (or was it Warner Brother's Music Division) that Where Has Everybody Gone be played every time Necros kills someone, as if Necros had only one song in his WalkMan.

Maybe it was his "Killing Song"?

#22 Red Barchetta

Red Barchetta

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1161 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 11:02 PM

The only problem I really had with the character was that EON insisted (or was it Warner Brother's Music Division) that Where Has Everybody Gone be played every time Necros kills someone, as if Necros had only one song in his WalkMan.

Maybe it was his "Killing Song"?

I've always thought of that as his signature song when readying for, or making the kill, ala Joker leaving a playing card in Batman.

#23 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 11:22 PM

...but I always thought he was the other one.

The other brother in Die Hard?

#24 Piz Gloria 1969

Piz Gloria 1969

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 414 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 11:16 AM

Yeah , I thought the song added to his character !

#25 Dekard77

Dekard77

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 12:07 PM

I never knew he was in Die Hard even though I had seen it a few times. Dan!!! He was a good henchman. I liked the fact that he could blend in anywhere and almost had a Bond like quality.
Does anyone know the black pvd watch he is wearing?? It's soo cool.