86 replies to this topic

#61 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 10:29 AM

OK here is my version on YouTube - 9.5 minutes edited from 7 clips from 1 hour of ET and The Insider programs.

Thanks for that, frankwalker. Good stuff. :tup:

BTW, why do Americans pronounce "Craig" as "Creg"? It's "Cray-g".

#62 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 11:15 AM

For those who sat through the show: Did you guys catch the male announcer say that JB is strutting in a "Tom Ford suit" -- :tup: :tup:

This sounds interesting; apparently Dunhill have been saying that they've got nothing to do with Bond- is Tom Ford the new tailor?

The Insider report says that all the suits are Tom Ford, it seems correct, they talk to Craig about it.

#63 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 11:18 AM

Oh really? Haven't had a chance to watch it yet; that sounds pretty watertight, then!

#64 zstoneVII

zstoneVII

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 12:58 PM

such a cringeworthy interview...you could almost see in DC face how much he hated it. testament to his maturity with dealing with such simpleton media coverage that he got through it with a smile...

#65 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 01:11 PM

Okay it's ET - so we're not talking Woodward and Bernstein here - but I think the presenter did fine. At least she had a sparkle in her when asking her inane self-explanatory questions. I've seen a lot worse than her. And she got Craig / Creg smiling - which he tends to only do with interviewers he gets a wee spark with...

Edited by Zorin Industries, 27 February 2008 - 01:13 PM.

#66 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 03:50 PM

So, who do we think does a Father Karras down those steps?

My money's on Elvis.

So then Bond can turn to the camera and say "He's all shook up"...?

Could be Mathis though, since he is in that scene at some point.

Interesting. It very well could be Mathis. I was hoping it would be Miss Fields myself but as the man himself says "In the Bond scheme of things, it's not such a big stunt, but that doesn't mean the guy who's going to do it isn't going to get hurt"

So it very well could be Mathis or Bond? Since he's meeting the person responsible for his lovers death? He could just lose control and end up taking a tumble.

#67 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 04:09 PM

So, who do we think does a Father Karras down those steps?

My money's on Elvis.

So then Bond can turn to the camera and say "He's all shook up"...?

Could be Mathis though, since he is in that scene at some point.

Interesting. It very well could be Mathis. I was hoping it would be Miss Fields myself but as the man himself says "In the Bond scheme of things, it's not such a big stunt, but that doesn't mean the guy who's going to do it isn't going to get hurt"

So it very well could be Mathis or Bond? Since he's meeting the person responsible for his lovers death? He could just lose control and end up taking a tumble.

My money's on MAYDAY having pulled a stair-leveller lever just off camera at some point....you watch...no-one has yet said that "Grace Jones is NOT in QUANTUM OF SOLACE", have they?!

#68 MarcAngeDraco

MarcAngeDraco

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3312 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 05:12 PM

Thanks for linking to the YouTube versions, they are much better than the clip at the ET site...

I'm definitley liking the klook of the set better now that I've seen a little more of it. And, WOW, Olga looks stunning in those brief shots on the stairs!

#69 bonded56

bonded56

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 410 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 05:49 PM

As far as the interviews: Perhaps the total interviews were much longer and the producer picked what to put on the program. I was glad to see some shots from the initial press conference photo op, since my disc of Bond coverage fried that I had it on.

Also, maybe the balconies etc. shown are the ones that had a portion re-created at Pinewood as seen in on-line coverage of the intial press conference on set.

http://commanderbond.net/article/4809

#70 Leon

Leon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 05:52 PM

I hate her voice, she can't pronounce any names fluidly without straining to get them out and the "Daniel Creg" thing is really annoying.

I also hate the way they just keep showing the Bond coming out of the sea shot from CR over and over and over. Get a life ffs.

Interesting that we can see Dominic Greene kissing Camille...

Edited by Leon, 27 February 2008 - 06:05 PM.

#71 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 06:16 PM

Yes, and it looks as if its Camille who is doing the grabbing and kissing, interesting.

#72 Leon

Leon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 06:21 PM

Yes, and it looks as if its Camille who is doing the grabbing and kissing, interesting.

Omg, it all adds up to one thing...

Spoiler

Spoiler

#73 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 09:15 PM

Indeed. Seems to confirm a few theories that these two are somewhat together at the beginning of the film.

#74 Leon

Leon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 09:26 PM

Indeed. Seems to confirm a few theories that these two are somewhat together at the beginning of the film.

And this may indeed be the reference to the "quantum of solace" in the film, aside from Bond's dilema.

Anybody else had the thought of a possible reference to the short story with this high class dinner party?

#75 Major Tallon

Major Tallon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2107 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 11:14 PM

OK here is my version on YouTube - 9.5 minutes edited from 7 clips from 1 hour of ET and The Insider programs.

I was puzzled by her pronunciation as well. Anyway, I'm one American, and I bet I'm not the only one, who can pronounce Craig's name.

#76 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 12:11 AM

I was puzzled by her pronunciation as well. Anyway, I'm one American, and I bet I'm not the only one, who can pronounce Craig's name.

The real question is, how would Americans cope with someone named Greg Craig? (Or Craig Gregg?!)

#77 Double-0-7

Double-0-7

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3629 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 12:38 AM

Thank you Frankwalker, I realized I missed the show about 11:00 last night and hoped someone would have a nice version of it on youtube.

The new girls look and sound fine, Craig's new suits look very nice (now to see if they are remotely more affordable than Brioni!), and the set looks like a place for evil to occur.

#78 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 01:31 AM

Thanks for the new extra video Frankwalker! :tup:

#79 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 04:01 AM

And this may indeed be the reference to the "quantum of solace" in the film, aside from Bond's dilema.

Anybody else had the thought of a possible reference to the short story with this high class dinner party?

Ah, didn't think of it like that.

#80 JackWade

JackWade

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 04:43 AM

That's just our accent. It's more natural to pronounce it as "Creg."

My money's on MAYDAY having pulled a stair-leveller lever just off camera at some point....you watch...no-one has yet said that "Grace Jones is NOT in QUANTUM OF SOLACE", have they?!

I suggest you check out GraceJonesIsNotInQuantumOfSolace.com.

Edited by JackWade, 28 February 2008 - 04:45 AM.

#81 MarcAngeDraco

MarcAngeDraco

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3312 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 11:17 AM

[

I can pronounce it correctly as well. However, I also know Americans with the first name Craig that pronounce it Creg, so I can see where some will pronounce it that way. In fact, I went to school with twins named Craig and Greg and they pronounced their names the same except for the first letter.

#82 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 11:51 AM

I went to school with twins named Craig and Greg and they pronounced their names the same except for the first letter.

In his case was Craig short for Craigory?

#83 craigbegins

craigbegins

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 11:34 PM

I presume this is it:

http://www.etonline....9017/index.html

Absolutely pointless.

Pretty stupid questions...
- To Craig: "So, will you be shirtless?"
- To Arterton: "So, is he a good kisser?"
:tup:
I beg if she'd had Dame Judi Dench in front of her, she'd have asked her: "So, is it really a monster?" :(

..She probably keeps a picture of it in her purse. :tup:

#84 Double-Oh-Zero

Double-Oh-Zero

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3167 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 02:50 AM

God, that really was excruciating. One of the rare occasions that I feel sorry for Daniel Craig: being subjected to interviews conducted by nauseating infotainment shows.

Air-headed interviews and forced "jokes" aside, I really liked seeing the Bolivia party set. Very classy stuff; I was reminded of the outdoor opera scene in Hannibal.

#85 Major Tallon

Major Tallon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2107 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 02:55 AM

I imagine that Craig gets more silly, stupid, repetitive questions than any other kind. For all that, he looks like he enjoys the experience of being at the heart of this amazing franchise.

#86 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 03:32 AM

I imagine that Craig gets more silly, stupid, repetitive questions than any other kind.

He handles them extremely well though. :tup:

#87 Emma

Emma

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 12:07 AM

Though I wasn't expecting nitty gritty information on th film. I was exepcting something a bit more intelligent. I do watch ET from time to time, and I thought that the interview was even low for them. Jan Karl was just incredibly stupid, she sounded like a sex starved housewife. I was embarrassed watching her. I could just tell that behind Craig's forced smile that he wanted to tell her off.

I do believe that Craig handled himself better this time. When I first saw him do an interview with them 2 years ago, he looked a bit annoyed. But I think that's changed since he's grown comfortable in the role (of Bond) and realises that he has to play the game with the media.

Still I must commend EON for allowing fans a glimpse into the film. They've been far more generous than the Batman franchise.

#88 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 02:30 AM

The location is stunning (love that production design!). Olga is looking gorgeous. Craig is James Bond, through and through. Almaric's looking suitably villainous in his own mousy way. The interviewers apparently have the IQ of a bag of bricks.

All in all, nothing particularly revealing, but I do get more and more excited for this film with each new glimpse.