7 replies to this topic

#1 [dark]

[dark]

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6239 posts

Posted 05 September 2002 - 06:22 AM

GoldenEye will air Friday September 13th at 9:00pm on Seven.

This is preparation to premiere The World Is Not Enough for the first time in Australia.

Two years ago, Seven aired GoldenEye the Friday before they premiered Tomorrow Never Dies. Worked out well because over on Ten they were still doing 00 Heaven, so we got the underrated film A View To A Kill smack in the middle of the two.

It's about time The World Is Not Enough premiered here anyway [not that I don't own it anyway :)]. The film is up against Austin Powers 2 and Terminator 2. That may be tough competition but it ought to go well, given how Tomorrow Never Dies - on its third repeat - did a couple of months back.

SEVEN'S SYNOPSIS - GOLDENEYE:

Pierce Brosnan takes on the legendary role of Agent 007 with his trademark combination of action, style and wit. Times have changed. The Iron Curtain has fallen, giving way to a New World Order and the power plays of political agendas have been replaced by ruthless plots for profit. The war has changed but the warriors remain the same. Involving today's post-Cold War Russia and the Mafia-linked black market in nuclear weapons - with swiftly changing political patterns turning old opponents into new best friends ... and the old allies into deadly enemies.

SEVEN'S SYNOPSIS - THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH:

Pierce Brosnan stars as James Bond. Greed, revenge, world domination, high-tech terrorism - it's all in a day's work for James Bond, who races to defuse an international power struggle with the world's oil supply hanging in the balance. With nuclear weapons expert Dr Christmas Jones at his side, Bond travels to Azerbaijan, the Caspian Sea and Istanbul. There a former enemy becomes a formidable ally before the final dramatic showdown in the claustrophobic confines of a nuclear submarine beneath the surface of the Bosphorus Sea.

[dark]

#2 brendan007

brendan007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1512 posts

Posted 05 September 2002 - 06:25 AM

i bet they put TND on sat night as well, then TWINE on sunday

#3 [dark]

[dark]

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6239 posts

Posted 05 September 2002 - 09:20 AM

Nope - - no Tomorrow Never Dies Saturday.

That doesn't surprise me - - the film aired [getting Movie of the Week in my local TV Guide, I might add] about two months ago on a Sunday night.

#4 brendan007

brendan007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1512 posts

Posted 05 September 2002 - 10:03 AM

thats right, i remember reading last week TND was the sixth or seventh highest rated movie this year

#5 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 05 September 2002 - 10:10 AM

Ah well that's promising. I thought they would have held off with showing The World is not Enough till October time though.

#6 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 06 September 2002 - 02:08 AM

I'd forgotten that this would be around the time TWINE would be on TV, cool, I'll be sure to watch it when it coems on, even though I have it on video and DVD already. :)

#7 [dark]

[dark]

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6239 posts

Posted 08 September 2002 - 09:10 PM

The World Is Not Enough will air, as I predicted, September 15th.

I've updated the first post on this thread accordingly.

#8 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 08 September 2002 - 09:59 PM

Well that's great news!