3 replies to this topic

#1 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 02:39 PM

An article from Yahoo News mainly discusses the start of filming in Panama, but there are a couple of additional throwaway lines which may be of interest.

Narcotraffickers are mentioned for the first time as featuring in the plot...
Filming of the latest James Bond saga began Friday in the Panamanian capital where the suave British spymaster tries to thwart an attack by a group of narcotraffickers.

It seems that they have presidential security, and not just a local gang!
Craig arrived on Monday amid celebrations of carnival, local media reported Friday, and was protected by Panama's presidential security agents.

#2 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 02:43 PM

Sounds cool - presidential security. Not sure I buy the narcotics side of things. Probably just easy speculation.

PS - perhaps the topic title should be edited so that it doesn't specify the rumour, for the benefit of those who want to be spoiler free.

#3 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 02:46 PM

PS - perhaps the topic title should be edited so that it doesn't specify the rumour, for the benefit of those who want to be spoiler free.

Yeah, sorry about that. I wasn't sure about the title, but then thought that it's only speculation at this stage. I'm not sure if the new non-spoiler skin takes care of such things and it's only visible to those open to spoilers, but maybe a mod could change it if there's a problem. Cheers :tup:

#4 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 02:16 AM

Not sure I buy the narcotics side of things. Probably just easy speculation.

That's what came to my mind with this one. Still, good find, Vauxhall.