26 replies to this topic

#1 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 08:18 AM

So Dominic Greene supposedly heads an organization called Green Planet. A quick trip to www.greenplanet.com reveals that such an organization does exist, but doesn't appear to be anything to do with QoS (unless the viral marketing is very, very subtle!). Do you think this means we will see at the start of QoS, right after the Sony/Columbia logos, something like AVTAK's :

"Neither the name Green Planet nor any other name or character in this film is meant to portray a real company or actual person"

?

#2 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 08:38 AM

Perhaps...but I pray that this film is nothing like "AVTAK." :tup:

#3 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 08:46 AM

I hope not, I don't like any disclaimers appearing in Bond films like in AVTAK. I'd rather a clean transition of the official logos into the gunbarrel, and then the film.

#4 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 09:29 AM

Considering that there apparently is a corporation called Green Planet, I'm sure that we'll see a disclaimer before Quantum of Solace.

#5 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 09:31 AM

Considering that there apparently is a corporation called Green Planet, I'm sure that we'll see a disclaimer before Quantum of Solace.

If the producers pick up on it that is.

#6 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 09:32 AM

If the producers pick up on it that is.

I'm sure that they will. If EON is depicting a corporation as having something to do with one of the film's villains, I'm sure that they're lawyers would be checking to see if there is a corporation with the same or a similar name to the one that they're giving the corporation in the movie.

#7 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 11:03 AM

"Once the last tree is cut, and the last river poisoned, you will find you cannot eat money" ~ www.greenplanet.com.

That quote is so Bond Villain! lol

#8 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 01:51 PM

Interesting... I'm sure they'd have the sense to check if the name they are using is truly fictional... seems like a bizarre oversight.

#9 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 02:04 PM

Interesting... I'm sure they'd have the sense to check if the name they are using is truly fictional... seems like a bizarre oversight.

Well, it seems that they had a villain called Maurice Green for a good while before realising that this was the name of a former 100m world record holder, so perhaps they'll now have checked Green Planet and realised that they should create an alternative name for the organisation.

#10 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 02:14 PM

I would have no objection to them changing the name of the orginisation. tbh it always reminds me of the eden project.

#11 Leon

Leon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 08:18 PM

I've missed something...what's this Green Planet, and where was it said that it's in QoS? Link?

Edited by Leon, 10 February 2008 - 08:18 PM.

#12 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 08:36 PM

I've missed something...what's this Green Planet, and where was it said that it's in QoS? Link?

Here is an extract from one article which refers to Green Planet:
Mathieu Amalric will play the villain Dominic Greene, a ruthless businessman who, along with his mysterious organization Green Planet, is seeking to control huge natural resources.
There has been no official confirmation of the name of the organisation yet though.

#13 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 02:07 AM

If anything, I'm guessing the disclaimer will actually be in the end credits, rather than at the beginning of the film.

#14 Leon

Leon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 01:00 PM

Here is an extract from one article which refers to Green Planet:
Mathieu Amalric will play the villain Dominic Greene, a ruthless businessman who, along with his mysterious organization Green Planet, is seeking to control huge natural resources.
There has been no official confirmation of the name of the organisation yet though.

This best not be THE mysterious organisation, because that would just be the lamest thing ever. It's very like something naff from the Brosnan films style...Green Planet? Sounds like Captain Planet too.

#15 Binyamin

Binyamin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1075 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 02:53 PM

Nah, they could do it right and make it really sinister. "Green Planet" has a happy-friendly sound to it.... only to reveal ruthless murderers at its core.

They did the same idea for the biotech company in that dreadful Michael Clayton movie. Could be kind of creepy....

#16 Leon

Leon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 02:57 PM

Nah, they could do it right and make it really sinister. "Green Planet" has a happy-friendly sound to it.... only to reveal ruthless murderers at its core.

They did the same idea for the biotech company in that dreadful Michael Clayton movie. Could be kind of creepy....

I could think of far better names for a new SPECTRE than Green Planet...being realistic.

#17 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 03:01 PM

Wouldn’t it be ‘Greene Planet’?

#18 HildebrandRarity

HildebrandRarity

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4361 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 03:47 PM

1. It would be GREENE PLANET. (Mr* beat me to it).

2. The company run by Maurice Greene has NEVER been mentioned by name in an official press release.

3. A moot point but, for those who care, the "mysterious Organization" is a completely different animal to the cover/shell company run by Maurice Greene. "Greene Planet" (if that's what its called) is supposedly a legitimate, semi-philanthropic corporation providing a diversion or 'cover' (much like the BODP in Thunderball) for the villian and would be distinctly seperate from what us fans (and the plot synopsis) refer(s) to as the "Organisation".

4. Using a dislaimer would cheapen up the film...much like using a ficticous name for a location instead of a real South American country/province/city...or NOT naming the natural resource which I still think will be uranium. :tup:

#19 delfloria

delfloria

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 08:09 PM

Green Planet = Osato chemicals?

#20 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 08:12 PM

Greene Planet = Osato chemicals?

No, Greene Planet = International Brotherhood for the Assistance of Stateless Persons... :tup:

#21 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 08:37 PM

[quote name='Mister Asterix' post='836493' date='11 February 2008 - 10:01'][mra]Wouldn

#22 VisualStatic

VisualStatic

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 09:42 PM

I believe there is a disclaimer in the end titles of every movie that all names and characters are fictitious and any similarity to anyone alive or dead is just a coincidence.

#23 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 04:45 AM

I believe there is a disclaimer in the end titles of every movie that all names and characters are fictitious and any similarity to anyone alive or dead is just a coincidence.

Pretty much. Although, as A View to a Kill shows us, there are those rare special cases too.

#24 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 10:20 PM

I get the feeling that Dominic Greene is based, a little, on Richard Branson (again!)

#25 Scaramanga'74

Scaramanga'74

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 253 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 01:22 AM

Just to avoid the ever present menace and tangle of legal action, it would be wise to insert a disclaimer. Like they say, better to be safe than sorry.

#26 Marty McFly

Marty McFly

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 11:53 AM

No, I don't think they'd do a disclaimer at the beginning like A View to a Kill, maybe at the end like Licence to Kill's disclaimer.

#27 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 01:19 PM

No matter how they treat it I'm sure it will have been through quite a few lawyers first. Perhaps a donation to the real Green Planet and a permission to use the name, or whatever.