#1 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 09:18 PM

Now on the CBn main page...

Discusses how she landed the role, screentesting with Daniel Craig and being stereotyped as a "Bond girl"

Lots of interesting pieces of new info in this IGN interview with Gemma Arterton.

I quite like this bit. I reckon based on what we know of the honeymoon suite, it could be an homage to the FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE bedroom scene with Tatiana Romanova.
...there's a scene which is an homage to something iconic, but I cannot tell you what that is. But it will be remembered.

#2 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 09:22 PM

I know what happens, the mirror falls on her! :tup:
Spoiler

He said, "Hello, how are you?" And I said, "I'm really scared." And he said, "Don't worry." We did the scene and he said, "Well done."

Awwww. Daniel Craig must be a really nice person to know.

#3 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 09:28 PM

She's called Agent Fields and she's not a typical Bond girl.

There she said it :tup:

#4 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 09:30 PM

She did, but I don't quite get why she makes that comment, because then she goes on to say that her character is very Fleming and is a sort of homage to the 60s Bond girls.

She does seem to know Bond pretty well.

#5 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 09:35 PM

Maybe (Hopefully) she's reffering to the Tough, equal Bond girls such as Wailin and Jinx, which are (hopefully) the complete opposite of her character.

#6 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Lots of interesting pieces of new info in this IGN interview with Gemma Arterton.

I quite like this bit. I reckon based on what we know of the honeymoon suite, it could be an homage to the FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE bedroom scene with Tatiana Romanova.

...there's a scene which is an homage to something iconic, but I cannot tell you what that is. But it will be remembered.

Hmm, what about an homage to Jill Masterson in GF? I don't think that FRWL scene is "iconic" enough for the general public to recognize. The two most iconic Bond girl images are Honey Ryder coming out of the water, which they already homaged in DAD, and Jill Masterson's body found covered in gold paint.

#7 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

She did, but I don't quite get why she makes that comment [...]

I bet they all have it written into their contract :tup:

#8 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 09:38 PM

Hmm, what about an homage to Jill Masterson in GF?

Hmmm, thats an interesting idea :tup:. I wonder if Fields will be covered in Grass. :tup:

#9 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 09:39 PM

I'd put money on it (if I had any).

#10 Single-O-Seven

Single-O-Seven

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1323 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 09:43 PM

I can see the Jill Masterson reference. Maybe there's a clue in the "sticky end" reference. Instead of gold paint she's covered with honey or chocolate sauce or... mmmmmmmmm...

#11 00Twelve

00Twelve

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7706 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 09:44 PM

Mmm, I'm still thinking FRWL. The only iconic part about Jill is the part where she's painted up, which surely Fields won't be. And the FRWL scene is still the audition scene for Bond.

I'm thinking it'll probably be her wearing a trousseau and having the sheet pulled up to just above her chest as she and Bond have a little pre-coital banter.

#12 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 09:47 PM

I really cannot imagine Fields being covered in gold (or any other element, for that matter) but I reckon the homage is most likely to be from the Connery era. That had the most iconic Bond girl images.

At least we can breathe easy and know that she won't be emerging from the sea in a bikini... Bolivia is landlocked :tup:

#13 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 09:52 PM

I'm thinking it'll probably be her wearing a trousseau and having the sheet pulled up to just above her chest as she and Bond have a little pre-coital banter.

I know this is shocking but it would be really cool if Bond still had Vesper on his mind and was not ready for Sexual contact, so he grabs Fields by the Arm and throws her out the hotel suite. :tup: or over the balcony. One of the two! :tup:

#14 Judo chop

Judo chop

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7461 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 09:56 PM

Maybe Sean Connery shows up in a cameo appearance and sleeps with her?

#15 Ace Roberts

Ace Roberts

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 433 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 10:19 PM

I've always considered the scene where Pussy Galore flips Bond into the straw in Goldfinger as an iconic scene from the series.

#16 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 10:22 PM

I've always considered the scene where Pussy Galore flips Bond into the straw in Goldfinger as an iconic scene from the series.

So you're saying Fields flips Bond over on the bed, probably breaking it in the process! :tup:

No wonder theres blood on the floor!

#17 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 10:23 PM

I really cannot imagine Fields being covered in gold

I expect Bond just finds her dead on the bed like Jill (sans gold paint), if it's a homage to that scene.

Then again, maybe she takes a bullet like Fiona Volpe, or something?

#18 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 10:24 PM

She did, but I don't quite get why she makes that comment, because then she goes on to say that her character is very Fleming and is a sort of homage to the 60s Bond girls.

She does seem to know Bond pretty well.

[mra]That

#19 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 10:38 PM

Hmmm, thats an interesting idea :tup:. I wonder if Fields will be covered in Grass. :tup:

*SPOILER ALERT*

Dominic Greene covers her in green paint.

#20 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 10:43 PM

I actually think it would be really awesome if Bond found Fields dead on the bed. :tup: His reaction would be brilliant, so soon after losing Vesper aswell!

#21 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 10:55 PM

I actually hope that the Fields character makes it all the way through the movie so that she can become somewhat of a recurring character as things continue on. So far, I think that she's one of the more intriguing parts of the film. She's the youngest Bond girl in the 22 films so far, and (to me, just from reading the interview) she seems to understand the franchise very much and appears to have a great deal of respect for the original Fleming characters/stories/etc.

#22 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 11:00 PM

I actually hope that the Fields character makes it all the way through the movie so that she can become somewhat of a recurring character as things continue on.

I doubt it. She's said she comes to a "sticky end," and in the hotel room where she and Bond stay, there's large stains from blood all over the floor. I think we can safely assume she's the sacrificial lamb character in QoS.

#23 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 11:04 PM

Yep. She's dead meat.

#24 Colonel Moon

Colonel Moon

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 404 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 11:13 PM

hope you all wrong

#25 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 11:37 PM

I actually hope that the Fields character makes it all the way through the movie so that she can become somewhat of a recurring character as things continue on.

I doubt it. She's said she comes to a "sticky end," and in the hotel room where she and Bond stay, there's large stains from blood all over the floor. I think we can safely assume she's the sacrificial lamb character in QoS.

I didn't know about the blood stains. Well that seals the deal for me - her death will be an homage to Jill Masterson in GF. We know she and Bond do the deed, so I'm assuming Bond leaves the room to do something (maybe its that scene where he tells the girl at the desk he's expecting a call and to tell them he's headed for Cairo), comes back to the room to find the lights off. He calls out "Fields?", and switches the light on. We see the horrific sight of a naked Fields (with strategically placed pillow or partially covered in blanket to keep it PG13) with multiple stab wounds all over her, blood is everywhere. It is the most brutal and shocking scene ever to be featured in a Bond film* ,and will be the trigger for Bond to go ballistic in his quest for revenge on Dominic Greene.

*with the exception of Grace Jones getting into bed with Roger Moore in AVTAK :tup:

#26 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 12:13 AM

Now on the CBn main page...

Discusses how she landed the role, screentesting with Daniel Craig and being stereotyped as a "Bond girl"

#27 Sbott

Sbott

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1048 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 12:58 AM

Why does this quote "My character

#28 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 01:41 AM

I actually think it would be really awesome if Bond found Fields dead on the bed. :tup: His reaction would be brilliant, so soon after losing Vesper aswell!

Mirroring Dalton's discovery of Della in Licence To Kill as well.

#29 Eddie Burns

Eddie Burns

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 232 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 02:16 AM

I too think its a GF homage...but maybe not gold but whatever resource Dominic wants to control or maybe a statement made in a similar way. Note that she never mentions a bedroom so it could occur somewhere else. Also it doesn't necessarily have to be her death, it could be anything. In the same answers she's talking about Diana Rigg and 60's style so who knows. However i'm scratching my head over what iconic moments we had in the 60's Bond that would apply (apart from the obvious Ursalla and Masterson). She seems dead certain it will be remembered though. She's repeated that a few times.

Otherwise, she really comes across well and is immediately likable. Its great having an actress really enjoy the experience instead of dreading the 'Bimbo' (Honor Blackmans favourite word) tag associated with her role. I find her attractive in ther girl next door kind of way and i'm sure we will all enjoy her character. If a girl 6 months out of drama school screen tests for Bond with Craig, infront of Forster, the producers and co. and gets the job and brings the enthusiasm like she has so far, then i'm definitely going to like her.

Edited by Eddie Burns, 30 January 2008 - 02:18 AM.

#30 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 07:13 AM

I'm confident that she will do well in the role - she was pretty impressive in St Trinians (really stood out from the crowd - for all the right reasons).

As to the iconic moment - I think the bet has to be on some sort of Jill Masterson sort of death (without Gold paint but perhaps someting else instead). I can't really think of any other Bond girl scene that could be considered that iconic (bar Honey in the bikini coming out of the sea). Perhaps Bond biting that thingy out of Domino's foot? Or Tatiana naked in bed waiting for him?