4 replies to this topic

#1 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 02:25 PM

Ok, so we know the PTS picks up a short time after the ending of Royale, I wonder if the time period will jump after the opening credits (sorter like the jump in GoldenEye, but much shorter). Any thoughts or ideas? My thought is this, I think the film picks up a few months after Bond picks up White, because we see Bond and M talking in the snow in the release photos and videos.

#2 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 02:28 PM

Ok, so we know the PTS picks up a short time after the ending of Royale, I wonder if the time period will jump after the opening credits (sorter like the jump in GoldenEye, but much shorter). Any thoughts or ideas? My thought is this, I think the film picks up a few months after Bond picks up White, because we see Bond and M talking in the snow in the release photos and videos.

Good point. Unless the snow is somewhere in the southern hemisphere where it would have been Winter. Bond films are meant to happen in the "now" so it would be odd if Quantum of Solace took place in 2006...

#3 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 10:21 PM

Interesting. Didn't think of that, JCRendle. If there is a "jump" between the pre-titles and the rest of the film, I imagine it will be a fairly small one.

#4 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 10:30 PM

Yeah I'd think the movie would still be set in 2006. It would be stupid considering Bond memories of Vesper wouldn't be as strong if it were set in 2008. I agree with Qwerty, the jump would be fairly small. If there was a jump in time, I would say it would be at least 2 - 3 months - MAXIMUM.

#5 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 01:22 AM

I was thinking the same thing on the time jump after the credits. If it happens, it will be short - probably a few weeks to a few months.