38 replies to this topic

#31 Double-Oh Agent

Double-Oh Agent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4325 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 09:19 AM

Going by Mathieu Amalric's words, I'm picturing a knockdown, drag-out fight between two hated rivals in which a physically outclassed Dominic Greene resorts to every (dirty) trick in the book to defeat Bond be it groin kicking, hair pulling, eye gouging, biting, or grabbing any available object in sight to use as a weapon against his opponent.

Bond may go into this fight thinking that he'll wipe the floor with Greene but Greene's unusual fighting style and dirty tricks might just be effective enough to give Bond a lesson that he won't soon forget, and by the end, Bond will simply be happy to have survived in tact. And his getting revenge for Vesper's death is reduced to just being an added bonus--significantly minimizing his quantum of solace, if you will.

#32 Santa

Santa

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6445 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 09:34 AM

I realise dirty does mean kicking Bond in the balls but I really hope he doesn't. Just how much punishment can one set of bollocks take? I think Bond's balls have suffered enough for his entire lifetime. There won't be anything left of them if they carry on like this and that would be awful.

#33 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 10:51 AM

I realise dirty does mean kicking Bond in the balls but I really hope he doesn't. Just how much punishment can one set of bollocks take? I think Bond's balls have suffered enough for his entire lifetime. There won't be anything left of them if they carry on like this and that would be awful.

Well it can become a running joke through every Craig film :tup:

After Craig gets kicked in the balls, he can mutter "Bloody hell, I only just got them working again after last time!"

#34 MarcAngeDraco

MarcAngeDraco

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3312 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 12:10 PM

"Sometimes anger can be much more dangerous."

This has me a bit concerned. Anger is generally a very negative thing in any sort of combat situation. Anyone who is trained to control their emotions in such a situation has the advantage. It is very easy for a trained person (such as Bond) to turn someones anger/aggression against them.

#35 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 12:57 PM

My first thought was that this means he is going to kick Bond in the balls. What's more 'dirtier' and cheat-ier than that? I can see the fight going exactly like that. Greene will start off by kicking Bond in the balls, and as Bond keels over in agony, he'll kick him when he's down. Bond will quickly shake this off, and start walloping Greene, who will resort to more dirty tactics like say, grabbing a vase and smashing it over Bond's head. Bond will continue to fight 'honestly', and Greene will keep trying to use objects against him.

I see what you mean Dinovelvet, but I don't think Bond himself cares to fight 'honestly': it's not a dojo drill, it's a real life fight, and the only rule is: "Win!" (especially for a ruthless 00 agent). Bond himself would use any dirty tactic available to come over an opponent.

#36 Doctor Shatterhand

Doctor Shatterhand

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 03:45 PM

IMHO I am a little concerned about his comments:

#37 Judo chop

Judo chop

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7461 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 03:52 PM

Maybe Greene just flips a switch into some kind of a berserker rage? Not just aggressive, but scary aggressive. He starts mutilating himself as well as attacking Bond

#38 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 06:45 PM

I can

#39 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 10:07 PM

[quote name='Judo chop' post='830950' date='30 January 2008 - 15:52']Maybe Greene just flips a switch into some kind of a berserker rage? Not just aggressive, but scary aggressive. He starts mutilating himself as well as attacking Bond