I am so jealous...

#32 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 04 September 2002 - 05:04 PM

My own Bondmobile waiting to take me back to LA.

The End of BCW 5

but

zencat Will Return in

BCW 6

Key West, Kentucky, New York...?

#33 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 04 September 2002 - 05:10 PM

Okay Everyone - My arrival at BCW5.

Last Thursday, the Jag snaked it's way out of LA and sailed up to San Francisco. Flicka and I made very few stops and managed to pull into Mark Hopkins atop Nob Hill at just a little before 9pm. With the bags in the care of the bellman and arrangements to have the car parked/displayed for both Friday and Saturday, we headed for the front desk.

For any of you that have ever been to the Hopkins, you know that they were among one of the first hotels to be given a 5-star rating. It felt like walking onto a Bond set with the marble, mirrors, oak and crystal everywhere. Upon checking in we were informed that we had been "upgraded" to "something with a nicer view" but assured me that the rate would not change. They lead us to a corner suite with a view of the Transamerica building and that almost had as much space as my townhouse.

After unpacking, and a quick phone call to make sure a "passable" bottle of red wine would be waiting for Zencat when he arrived, Flicka and I went up to The "Top of the Mark" - a classic landmark bar for a classic landmark hotel - where we indulged in several cocktails to alleviate any fatigue from the road. And with that, we called it a night.

Friday - After a casual breakfast and a bit of shopping, we headed up to the Founder's Suite which was the meeting place for all attendees. Walking in was great simply because of all the familiar faces present (mccartney007 & Zencat of course) and several others. Many memories and plans and the inevitable "shop-talk" ensued. With the evenings main event starting at 8pm, we said our farewells and headed back to our suite but not before inviting Zencat to join us for some champagne before going down to the event.

8:15pm - Zencat (looking damn good in your tux my friend;) arrived and, after taking in the room, simply shook his head and said "What is it with you and your rooms?". After a few glasses of Chandon, we embarked downstairs to the main room.

The evening was grand with many people in formal wear and we we're soon joined by Lois and Richard and Richard's lovely wife Diane (a really cool lady). Finding the right moment, I introduced myself to Richard and watched my hand vanish in his own as we shook. Then (somehow recovering my composure from that) headed of to pay the good doctor my respects. Zencat had every right to look as giddy as he did. Ms. Chiles has not changed and smiled warmly as I took her hand and offered a half bow. WOW! A few moments later (as the blood returned to my brain) Flicka began the teasing "we're here ten minutes and your already chasing other Bond girls"

A few other moments from the evening included the arrival of two of the orginizers (Matt & Janine Sherman)in two of the best costumes. Matt was sporting "Roger Moonraker pre-credits look) Slacks, white turtle-neck, double breasted jacket and parachtue fully deployed and trailing behind him. Janine had turned heads last year dressed as Pussy Galore, but this year (with a nod to one of our guests) was done up as Dolly (Jaws' true love) down to the pig-tails and glasses. She was adorable.

The evening wound down around midnight, and Flicka and I retreated back to the Top of the Mark and indulged in a bottle of Dom, some fine Beluga and chocolate dipped strawberries the size of your fist....and a bit of dancing to the jazz combo playing.

On to Saturday....well in the next post. I've gone on here for quite a bit and I'm sure Zencat has some details to add.

I remind you, this was just the FIRST night. Hopefully my pics will be done here soon.

#34 mccartney007

mccartney007

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3406 posts

Posted 04 September 2002 - 05:13 PM

I want to see that picture of me sprawled out in the back of the bus! Actually, I want to see all the pictures you took since I couldn't take any.

#35 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 04 September 2002 - 05:20 PM

Originally posted by Bryce (003)
After unpacking, and a quick phone call to make sure a "passable" bottle of red wine would be waiting for Zencat when he arrived...

It was more than passable, my friend, it was EXCELLENT and served me well after I took my own private BROKENCLAW tour of Chinatown (and its back alleys) on Sat night.

This is what it looked like waiting for me when I checked into my room (you can't see it in the pic, but the card says "zencat").

#36 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 04 September 2002 - 05:26 PM

Originally posted by mccartney007
I want to see that picture of me sprawled out in the back of the bus!  Actually, I want to see all the pictures you took since I couldn't take any.

Here you go.

#37 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 04 September 2002 - 05:32 PM

8:15pm - Zencat (looking damn good in your tux my friend;) arrived...

Tried to take a pic of myself in the mirror for my sweetie who said she required a picture of me in my tux. Came out very strange, but kind if cool (attached). Did we take a pic together, Bryce?

#38 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 04 September 2002 - 05:39 PM

Originally posted by zencat
Did we take a pic together, Bryce?

Could have sworn we did at some point, but I won't have pics until this afternoon. I seem to recall Janine snapping one of us on Friday night. I know she got quite a few of me with Jag and the film crew on Saturday.

Glad the wine did it's job.

#39 mccartney007

mccartney007

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3406 posts

Posted 04 September 2002 - 05:43 PM

Weren't the three of us supposed to get a picture together? Did we ever do that? I don't remember if we did or not.

#40 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 04 September 2002 - 05:46 PM

For any of you that have ever been to the Hopkins, you know that they were among one of the first hotels to be given a 5-star rating. It felt like walking onto a Bond set with the marble, mirrors, oak and crystal everywhere.

I just checked and Bond stays in the Fairmount in Brokenclaw, which was the hotel right across the street from us. Guess he couldn't get a room at the Hopkins :).

#41 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 04 September 2002 - 05:47 PM

Originally posted by mccartney007
Weren't the three of us supposed to get a picture together?  Did we ever do that?  I don't remember if we did or not.

No. Bryce and I were looking for you at The Palace of Fine Arts to do just that.

#42 Tim007

Tim007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4821 posts

Posted 04 September 2002 - 05:53 PM

Wow... How cool was that :)

#43 mccartney007

mccartney007

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3406 posts

Posted 04 September 2002 - 05:54 PM

My room had a view of the Fairmount's roof top garden/restaurant. I made my way over there on Sunday night when I heard some excellent jazz blasting from the roof. I never did find out how to get to in there but I did end up making a trip to Chinatown where I picked up a Mahjong set which is straight out of ZMT.

#44 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 04 September 2002 - 08:43 PM

OK....color me mad, crazy jealous!

It sounds like you guys had a wonderful time and I am so sorry I missed it. I definately have to try to make the one next year!

I can't believe how good Lois Chiles looks...some chicks just have all the look...got to be a Bond girl, has great genes....

OK...we got Zencat in a tux...where is Bryce and Flicka in their formal attire. This I would love to see.

I really need to get out to California...

-- Xenobia

#45 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 05 September 2002 - 02:35 AM

Some very cool pictures and obviously some very very great memories!

Who was the chap dressed up as a half eaten Felix? Brilliant I must say! And who won the costume event?

#46 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 05 September 2002 - 02:43 AM

Damn I'm jealous! :) Looks like you guys had a great time. I've GOT to find a way to make the next one...

#47 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 05 September 2002 - 05:22 AM

I'll have more to post on my Saturday experiences soon. My film is at the lab and I don't know what Flicka has done with hers yet.

Xen - there will be a formal shot of us and a couple we took for fun creeping around the hotel in true "Double-O" style. We'll get you to BCW-6 one way or another...NYC is a possibility based on a few discussions these past few days...

To borrow from Zencat:

The end of BCW-5

But Bryce & Flicka (Yes, she's signed on for the sequel-just wants a "nicer" room -*cue Zencat laughing and falling on the floor* )

....will return in (or rather AT)

BCW-6 - 2003

#48 Double-Oh-Zero

Double-Oh-Zero

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3167 posts

Posted 06 September 2002 - 12:14 AM

Wow, great pictures there, Zen and Bryce. God, I wish I was not in school right now. Can't wait for next year's pictures.

#49 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 06 September 2002 - 12:50 AM

Well, now that everyone who wasn't able to attend is hopping mad with envy...here's the first of my pics.

Here you go Xen - Bryce at the end of the first evenings events - Think TND.

#50 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 06 September 2002 - 12:55 AM

I'm still waiting to get Flicka's pics....but speaking of the lady in question..

Here she is enjoying her first breakfast and the ameneties of Hopkins 5 star service.

#51 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 06 September 2002 - 12:59 AM

and the hits just keep on coming...

Bryce & Flicka at the......oh figure it out yourself;)

#52 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 06 September 2002 - 01:02 AM

Just a few more....

Truly a View To A Kill....

This was the view from our suite and the weather was perfect the entire weekend.

#53 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 06 September 2002 - 01:08 AM

Lastly...for now at least....Our mighty group of Double-O's at the Palace of Arts and one of our team leaders (Alan) giving us our briefing.

Note: Look carefully...Zencat and Mccartney007 are in the crowd.

#54 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 06 September 2002 - 02:21 AM

GREAT pic of you and Flicka at the bridge!

#55 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 06 September 2002 - 02:29 AM

Thank you my friend! More to come, but I'm beginning to feel like I'm pouring salt in wounds.....

Man, BCW-5 and the new trailer all in one week.....Life's good Zencat.

#56 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 06 September 2002 - 03:06 AM

Well, we didn't get a picture of all three of us, but I did just find this cool shot of Zencat and Mccartney007 in front of the "Nippon Baths" exterior.

Enjoy it guys, but it looks like we'll just have to get a group shot at BCW-6....oh well....

#57 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 06 September 2002 - 04:53 PM

For those of you who are wondering what locations we visited on Sunday, here's a list:

Nippon Relaxation Spa in Japan-town
City Hall (inside and out)
3rd St. Bridge (where Bond jumps the firetruck)
Stacey Suttons house in Oakland (inside and out)
Golden Gate Bridge
Palace of Fine Arts (site of AVTAK world prem)
TransAmerica Building (driveby)
Fisherman's Wharf

We also drove past Chinatown and the Fairmount Hotel, locations in Gardner's Brokenclaw, and got a good look at a S.F. hook and ladder firetruck.

#58 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 06 September 2002 - 09:50 PM

I'll have my Saturday post in a little bit here, but I came across one last shot from my batch of pics that says it all for Friday....

It's a bit dark, but shows Flicka's clutch-bag before we left...and her FYEO Swatch.

More soon.

#59 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 07 September 2002 - 02:01 AM

Bryce...nice pix! Thanks for them.

And re...you in a tux: If I promise not to pull a Paris, will you marry me?

;-)

-- Xenobia

#60 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 07 September 2002 - 02:11 AM

But Xen - If you did pull a Paris, it would mean that I'd have to show up years from now to "pump you for information"....

Thanks Luv;)