'Save Goldeneye!' Campaign Project

23 replies to this topic

#1 Hylian1

Hylian1

Cadet

• Crew
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 03:56 AM

Upon reading 1up's latest news that Goldeneye was indeed cancelled due to a financial disagreement between Microsoft and Nintendo, I've decided to play my part by starting an Online Petition. To quote a portion of the article:

"From what we're told, the best way to get this port back on track is to show Microsoft and Nintendo how badly you want it."

The petition began on Friday, January 11th at approximately 8 PM (Pacific Time) and has reached 17,700+ signatures in less than one week!

If you really want to see Goldeneye's release as much as I and thousands of other so do, then PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION: http://www.petitiono...7/petition.html

The release of this game depends on us, the fans. Let's get this show on the road and spread the news across the internet through forums, post your websites, blogs, etc. With our public outcry for this game, we CAN make it happen!

#2 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 05:43 AM

Microsoft owns Rare which made GoldenEye for Nintendo 64. Technically, Nintendo still owns everything Rare made for Nintendo. Nintendo knows GoldenEye would be a big seller so they don't want Microsoft making money off it.

#3 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 06:33 AM

I'm inclined to agree with Righty on that one

#4 Dunph

Dunph

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3826 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 11:15 AM

However impossible, I still signed it.

#5 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 10:52 PM

Microsoft owns Rare which made GoldenEye for Nintendo 64. Technically, Nintendo still owns everything Rare made for Nintendo. Nintendo knows GoldenEye would be a big seller so they don't want Microsoft making money off it.

Rare owns a lot of their properties, but GoldenEye isn't one of them. They were contracted by Nintendo to make GoldenEye. Perfect Dark, for instance is wholly-owned by Rare as is Banjo-Kazooie, Conker, Jet Force Gemini, etc etc. Essentially anything that wasn't previously a Nintendo property. I'm not sure how this would work for porting these games to Live Arcade though.

#6 Hylian1

Hylian1

Cadet

• Crew
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 03:09 AM

BREAKING!!!

Rare has once again come forward about Goldeneye 360 and the petition, but this time in another way. They've posted a video of the game running on YOUTUBE!

WATCH THE GOLDENEYE 360 VIDEO HERE: http://www.youtube.com/jaimevinculo

The framerate is bloody genious. The sound is a bit off--it's still a work in progress, remember?--, but my god...sweeet!

#7 Hylian1

Hylian1

Cadet

• Crew
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:49 AM

The Goldeneye Petition has been a phenomonal success since its creation on January 11th have reached over 18,600+ signatures in less than 12 days time and is still increasing (albeit slowly). But is it enough? Absolutely not.

So today, I introduce to you all the next step in making Goldeneye on the Xbox LIVE Arcade and Virtual Console a reality: the 'Save Goldeneye!' Campaign Project.

The 'Save Goldeneye!' Campaign was formed as a means to unite all Goldeneye fans together to spread the news of the current situation between Microsoft and Nintendo. The 'Save Goldeneye!' Campaign consists of two mini websites and an article (that is also found on both sites) that include info on where to sign the petition, how you can help to support the cause, the very first screenshot, the Goldeneye XBLA video, petition statitistics, and much more. They will each continually be updated as well.

'Save Goldeneye!' Campaign Site #1

'Save Goldeneye!' Campaign Site #2

'Save Goldeneye!' Campaign Article

The 'Save Goldeneye!' Campaign has now officially launched. So now it's up to all of you to play your part and spread the word of the campaign across the internet just as you did with the petition.

United, we are strong. Now let's go out there and show not only Microsoft and Nintendo how badly we want this to happen, but the entire world!

#8 Bondian

Bondian

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8019 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:52 AM

Hi.

Didn't you post a similar request here?.

Have a feeling this will be closed, old man.

Cheers,

Ian

#9 Hylian1

Hylian1

Cadet

• Crew
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:59 AM

I apologize if this has created a problem. But the other was for the petition specifically and this is basically taking everything to the next level. That's why I thought it wouldn't be an issue to make it another topic. If it has, then I apologize. I'm just trying to do my best to gain support to have Goldeneye released on the XBLA (preferred) and Virtual Console.

#10 Bondian

Bondian

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8019 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 02:04 AM

No need to apologise, my friend. As there is a difference, then there's a good chance it would remain open. :tup:

BTW. Welcome to CBn. :tup:

#11 Hylian1

Hylian1

Cadet

• Crew
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 02:07 AM

Thanks for the welcome. :tup:

I was made aware of this place from a member at the Teamxbox forums. I have all of the James Bond games except for Rogue Agent and From Russia with Love.

Goldeneye has always been my favorite though. No words to say just how awesome that game is. So naturally, when I heard it stalled I was outraged (and still am :tup:) lol

#12 Bondian

Bondian

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8019 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 02:14 AM

18719 Signatures Total

Signed for ya. :tup:

Why not hang around. We're a friendly bunch of Bond fans, and I'm sure you'd have some great times here. Been here since 2001 myself. Still haven't had any sleep yet. lol

Very good luck with your petition. Hope you get what you deserve. :tup:

BTW. Have you played the other Bond games?. I love From Russia With Love.

Looks like your two topics have been merged.

Cheers,

Ian

#13 Hylian1

Hylian1

Cadet

• Crew
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 02:37 AM

I have yet to play that one. I really enjoyed Everything or Nothing, but the one I liked the most from EA was 'The World is Not Enough' on the Nintendo 64. The single player on it was the most similar to Goldeneye, but the multiplayer...>< Hate to even think about it.

#14 Bondian

Bondian

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8019 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 02:43 AM

It's excellent. My son and I completed it a few months ago. Well, my son did most of the work. I just supplied him with brandy and cigars. ROFL

What we like about it is, although you may complete the one player game, you can have hours of fun in the multi player games. It's not just because it's so tightly based on the film that makes it so good for us, it's the game play, and the fun you can have when the game has been completed.

My first Bond game experience was Live and Let Die. If I remember correctly, it was on the Amiga.

Thinking about it. The soundtrack was very 'Arnold'. :tup:

#15 Hylian1

Hylian1

Cadet

• Crew
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 02:46 AM

I have never heard of that one before

#16 Bondian

Bondian

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8019 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 02:47 AM

You were in a speedboat, and just had to hit targets. :tup:

#17 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 03:43 AM

My first Bond game experience was Live and Let Die. If I remember correctly, it was on the Amiga.

I believe you are correct. The Amiga, a machine ahead of its time.

#18 Bondian

Bondian

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8019 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 04:07 AM

It sure was, Professor. :tup:

Have just found this on this game.

http://www.mobygames...ive-and-let-die

#19 Agent Ostlund

Agent Ostlund

Sub-Lieutenant

• Enlisting
  • Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:22 AM

screw nintendo I say, screw them!! I want this to be on XB360..

#20 Mr Teddy Bear

Mr Teddy Bear

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1154 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 06:47 AM

Everyone involved knows the fans want this, they know how much money could be made. That isn't the problem. The problem is getting all parties involved to agree on the terms and fees involved, and with big stubborn companies like Microsoft and Nintendo that may take some time if it even happens at all.

Also, that youtube video could simply be GoldenEye 64 running on an emulator with high res textures added.

Edited by Mr Teddy Bear, 21 January 2008 - 04:07 PM.

#21 Hylian1

Hylian1

Cadet

• Crew
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 11:47 PM

Yes, which is where the campaign and petition comes in. To ENCOURAGE them to come to a resolution so they can give the fans want they want.

And nope, not emulated. Read the comments at the youtube video for confirmation of that. They explain it much better than do as to why it CANNOT be emulated.

#22 Mr Teddy Bear

Mr Teddy Bear

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1154 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 02:57 AM

I couldn't find anything in between the 200 comments of back of forth flaming as to why it is definitely not emulated.

I did a 2 minutes google search and came up with these retextures:

http://img329.images...preview13cv.jpg

http://img22.imagesh...age=bunk7sn.png

http://img149.images...letweak16qg.jpg

http://img444.images...epreivew6bp.jpg

http://img289.images...dpreview4fq.jpg

They look pretty sharp. Now, I'm not saying the video is an emulated version, I'm just saying how can you confirm that it isn't based on the low res streaming video of youtube?

Edited by Mr Teddy Bear, 22 January 2008 - 02:59 AM.

#23 Hylian1

Hylian1

Cadet

• Crew
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 04:40 AM

Passed 20,000 :tup:

It's rumored that many new Arcade titles are going to be announced at GDC next month, and some of them are to be from Rare. Keep your fingers crossed that one of those is Goldeneye. :tup:

#24 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 05:24 AM

Watching the updated graphic version of 'Silo' from GoldenEye, it looked great. I was reminded how much I love the game, and the soundtrack that accompanies it.