plus, some spoiler tidbits

#2 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 10:44 PM

As to the Tosca scenes, it was reported that the opera perfomance will be interrupted by 007 chasing a bad guy across the grandstand, through the audience. The chase will then continue in the Bregenz Festival House. The entire scene will take about 5 minutes.

Interesting - with the Palio horse race, it looks like there will be at least two foot chases in Bond 22.

#3 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 11:32 PM

Spoiler

:tup:
:tup:

#4 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 11:56 PM

Some great little snippets of info here. I presume that seeing as we are in the spoiler section, I don't need to use spoiler tags...

Dominic Greene will be using a Jaguar then. Perhaps we will see a car chase between Bond and the main villain - that would be quite unusual I think. Bond in a Volvo seems odd though...

#5 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:05 AM

Some great little snippets of info here. I presume that seeing as we are in the spoiler section, I don't need to use spoiler tags...

Dominic Greene will be using a Jaguar then. Perhaps we will see a car chase between Bond and the main villain - that would be quite unusual I think. Bond in a Volvo seems odd though...

It does seem odd that Bond would be driving a Volvo, although it could perhaps he's trying to blend in or something like that (something that driving an Aston Marton does not allow one to do).

#6 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:13 AM

Bond driving a Volvo? I hope it's for cover, and if it is, that's a nice touch (like Bond's clothing in Madagascar). It's nice to see that Bond doesn't have to be driving the finest cars all the time.

The opera house chase sounds promising, like a good ol' classic Bond set piece. With that and the Siena chase, it seems like we'll be getting some really lovely set pieces in this film... the kind that evoke old-style Bond glamour.

#7 MarcAngeDraco

MarcAngeDraco

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3312 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 01:55 AM

Bond driving a Volvo? I hope it's for cover, and if it is, that's a nice touch (like Bond's clothing in Madagascar). It's nice to see that Bond doesn't have to be driving the finest cars all the time.

Ditto. Driving a flashy car all the time is rather ridiculous for a spy...

#8 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 06:56 AM

Ditto. Driving a flashy car all the time is rather ridiculous for a spy...

It's an easy way to get noticed if you're trying to tail someone.