13 replies to this topic

#1 EyesOnly

EyesOnly

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 04:00 PM

Am I the only one that thinks 007 would make a fantastic RPG game? Give the property to Bioware and could possibly have the best Bond game in years...

#2 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 04:42 PM

Am I the only one that thinks 007 would make a fantastic RPG game? Give the property to Bioware and could possibly have the best Bond game in years...

Bioware is EA now. They just got bought up this year.

I can see it working though.

#3 Licence_007

Licence_007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 05:30 PM

It would be interesting. In fact, I quite like the idea.

#4 EyesOnly

EyesOnly

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 07:28 PM

Right, I know Bioware is now part of EA and if I may say so I hate that they are. Just think about it...we could have the most character driven Bond game with a great story. Who knows, perhaps it could be better than some of the films. If anyone could do it Bioware can.

#5 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 10:01 PM

Right, I know Bioware is now part of EA and if I may say so I hate that they are.

Join the club. I hate to be so pessimistic, but practically everything EA touches turns to crap. For Bioware, Mass Effect was probably their last great release. If the rumor is true then their next release may be Knights of the Old Republic 3 - an MMORPG. I loathe this idea. I love Star Wars and I loved KOTOR 1&2, but an MMORPG.. forget it. :D Mass Effect was supposed to be a trilogy or something like that so maybe they won't be bothered. I don't know, but I think EA sees Bioware as a chance to break into Blizzard's (now apart of Activision Blizzard) MMORPG sales - specifically World of Warcraft.

#6 HH007

HH007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1833 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 10:44 PM

Indeed. It's quite sad that they have yet to top Goldeneye N64.

#7 Double-0-7

Double-0-7

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3629 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 10:54 PM

007 was a RPG a couple decades ago - but it was played offline. I belive Victory made the games.

#8 EyesOnly

EyesOnly

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 11:28 PM

I hate to be so pessimistic, but practically everything EA touches turns to crap.

Yeah you know it. My concern is that EA will rush Bioware and release crap. However, I did hear that Microsoft will publish Mass Effect 2 making it still Microsoft and Bioware property?

Mass Effect was supposed to be a trilogy or something like that so maybe they won't be bothered.

Bioware announced Mass Effect 2 late last week.

Edited by EyesOnly, 24 December 2007 - 11:31 PM.

#9 Agent Ostlund

Agent Ostlund

Sub-Lieutenant

• Enlisting
  • Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 07:29 PM

I think It would be really cool for there to be a 007 RPG. Perhaps you could create your own 00 agent. Customize face, What he wears, weapons, cars..ect. Be sent on missions and what not..

#10 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 10:53 PM

007 was a RPG a couple decades ago - but it was played offline. I belive Victory made the games.

You are correct - here is the version you are referring to.

http://home.comcast..../rpg-index.html

#11 Mr Teddy Bear

Mr Teddy Bear

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1154 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:55 AM

There is a James Bond 007 game on the GameBoy which is an RPG and from what I here it is quite solid.

#12 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 12:43 AM

There is a James Bond 007 game on the GameBoy which is an RPG and from what I here it is quite solid.

I don't remember an RPG for the GameBoy. Any more details on it? The one game I remember is more like The Legend of Zelda.

#13 Mr Teddy Bear

Mr Teddy Bear

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1154 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 02:10 AM

I'm afraid I can't tell you much more than that as I haven't played it myself- just read about it. But if the one you remember is like Zelda it is probably the same game I'm talking about. Some reviews I remember reading referred to it as an RPG, but if it's like Zelda it's more of an adventure game.

#14 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 04:51 PM

Thanks, Mr Teddy Bear. I almost had to go rummaging through some old boxes to try & find it!