53 replies to this topic

#31 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 07:10 PM

The run is important, a vital element in fact and don't forget to warm up before each exercise or you might injure yourself. One of the best exercises for a warm up is running on the spot.

For the first and second week Jog at least five times a week for 5 miles or so at a steady pace. Once a week cycle or go out rowing. Vary now and then as to not get bored doing the same thing over and over again. Don't train on Sunday so your body can rest.

And remember, what you eat is important too!

#32 Colonel Moon

Colonel Moon

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 404 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 11:57 PM

dont run to often then you wont gain enough muscle mass, do compound exercises:
- squats
- deadlifts
- bench press
- bent over row
- military press
use heavy weights

#33 Emma

Emma

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:17 AM

If you boys are looking to get big fast. You might want to try some of the various '300' workouts on the net. Or you might want to pick up this book:

New Rules of Lifting by Lou Schueler and Alwyn Cosgrove.

http://www.amazon.co...a...0040&sr=1-2

And for the women who want a physique like Ursela Andress in Dr. No. There's a female version as well The New Rules of Lifting for Women: Lift Like a Man, Look Like a Goddess.

http://www.amazon.co...o...0040&sr=1-1

#34 Colonel Moon

Colonel Moon

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 404 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:49 AM

why buying books, every program will work with proper diet ( not programs without weights)

#35 LR007J

LR007J

Recruit

• Crew
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 05:44 PM

Well it's been three weeks into the program and I have to say : I LOVE IT!!!.. I can't believe how good I feel and look. Granted I thought I was in pretty good shpe before hand, but DAMN!!! My confidence level is through the roof right now. I always thought that working out with only weights was the way to go. Never though that pulls up and pushs up and jumprope would build any muslce.. Well was I wrong. If anyone thats reading this is considering doing the DC workout.. DO IT!!! trust me... you will thank me later.. Now I'm going back down to the beach to get some more sun

later..

#36 crheath

crheath

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 06:09 PM

Guys, I believe I finally found the workout Craig used. Here you go...

Clean and jerk
Squats
Bench Press
Pullups
Dips
Barbell curls
Dumbbell lateral raises
Crunches
V Up crunches
Leg lifts

All done in a circuit routine (back to back with no rest). Do routine 3xs.

#37 Scamp

Scamp

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 266 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 01:43 AM

How many of each?

#38 crheath

crheath

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 02:33 AM

How many of each?

Do the circuit 4xs, the first should be a warmup. Reps should be 15 on each exercise. However, to shock the muscles, vary your reps. I have tried this routine (the one above) and the results are great...

#39 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 02:59 AM

Well thank anyways i am always lookign for new moves workouts etc. keeps things less boring

Edited by Quantumofsolace007, 11 March 2008 - 02:59 AM.

#40 Scamp

Scamp

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 266 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 10:55 AM

Thanks

#41 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 04:49 AM

Of course, it's always handy if your workplace gives you your own personal Gym. That really helps (as Daniel got, at Pinewood Studios).

:tup:

#42 MattofSteel

MattofSteel

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 05:20 PM

Can't wait to get on this, if the damn snow ever melts (we have multiple feet in some places). Canada's winter is really living up to its reputation this year.

#43 00Twelve

00Twelve

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7706 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 07:45 PM

The only thing I hate is that at home, and with only two basic 30lb. dumbells, I can't do any equivalents of pullups or lat pulldowns. The closest I can get is bending forward 90 degrees, holding dumbells, and pulling them up towards my chest. There's nothing I can use for a pull-up bar in my apt, and I don't trust the doorways enough to put in one of those bars that sits in the doorway.

#44 Double-0-7

Double-0-7

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3629 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:05 PM

Of course, it's always handy if your workplace gives you your own personal Gym. That really helps (as Daniel got, at Pinewood Studios).

:tup:

That is not so rare - around here at least. The last 4 places I've worked have all had very nice gyms, some free, the rest very cheap ($7/month).

Since I was going to work anyway, I just take my gym back and go in early.

#45 darkpath

darkpath

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2688 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 01:44 AM

The only thing I hate is that at home, and with only two basic 30lb. dumbells, I can't do any equivalents of pullups or lat pulldowns. The closest I can get is bending forward 90 degrees, holding dumbells, and pulling them up towards my chest. There's nothing I can use for a pull-up bar in my apt, and I don't trust the doorways enough to put in one of those bars that sits in the doorway.

I usually recommend looking for playgrounds in public parks as these often have something in the way of a sturdy pull-up bar. Of course, since these are outdoors, you are completely at the mercy of the elements. On the other hand, the price is right. :tup:

#46 Cornelius

Cornelius

Recruit

• Crew
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:45 PM

Confused a little with this program. I thought you complete each exercise (all 4 sets) before moving on to the next station. Are you really supposed to do one set then move on to the next exercise? Totally confused here. Also wondering if you do this every day or every second day. Any help would be appreciated.

#47 dodge

dodge

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5068 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 04:49 PM

Has it really worked for Dan? I was shocked to see his omission from People's new ranking of H'wood's top hundred bodies. He was passed, supposedly, by Ashton Kutcher and Mario Lopez.

How can this be? And no, Harmsway, I'm not suggesting Marc Forster is to blame. :tup:

#48 thirdeg

thirdeg

Recruit

• Crew
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 11:06 PM

One of the easiest ways to do similar exercises is to get three dining chairs (without wheels) put one out in front of you, you will place your feet on the seat of this one, then the other two about 3 feet away side by side approx 18 inches apart you put your hands on these, one on each. You then lower yourself down until your bum nearly touches the floor then raise yourself up.

I hope you understand as it is quite difficult to explain. Enjoy!!

Edited by thirdeg, 17 April 2008 - 11:08 PM.

#49 Drew Price

Drew Price

Recruit

• Crew
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:01 PM

Hello folks,

please excuse the shameless self promotion but I have penned an article over at Bond Lifestyle (in the articles section) on this subject covering DC's training, the training spec ops groups are now using, an effective physique program as well as diet nutrition, recovery and the 'James Bond Diet'.

It's pretty long but I hope you find it interesting - even useful!

As I say you'll find it in the articles section at Bond Lifestyle (just in case the link doesn't work)
http://www.jamesbond...amp;g=art080502

Edited by Drew Price, 05 June 2008 - 12:20 PM.

#50 deth

deth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2651 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 03:45 PM

nice article!

#51 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 03:53 PM

Daniel Craig workout program? No fancy stuff like that for me. I'd only exercise my trigger finger.

#52 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 03:57 PM

Daniel Craig workout program? No fancy stuff like that for me. I'd only exercise my trigger finger.

Indeed! :tup:

#53 fsartono

fsartono

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 01:13 PM

hi guys ..

i was just wondering if any of you actually completed any of the mentioned daniel craig workout programs and if you did see any positive results ..

i am about to start the workout and would appreciate any inputs on results, etc.

#54 Automan

Automan

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 210 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 03:33 PM

Well this seems to have died a death.