This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Bizarre Creations making Bond driving-themed game?

10 replies to this topic

#1 Fro

Fro

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 08:42 PM

Report suggests a James Bond racing game is in development

From EGM 224 (January 2008)

My spy tells me the Project Gotham Racing 4 creators are working on the next James Bond game. "But they make racing games," you say? Well, duh--- that's why it's going to focus a lot on driving.

#2 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 12:49 AM

Eew, I don't like driving games. But its Bond, I'll have to get it anyway. Gaaah! So I assume this is the "other" Bond game that's being worked on, separate from a game tie-in to Bond 22?

#3 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 01:11 AM

This is what I heard, but I was waiting for confirmation from a friend of mine before saying anything.

Of course I didn't hear it was a straight up racing game. I heard a slightly different tale. Bizarre makes some great racing games. They're a very talented group and any game featuring a car from them is automatic gold. Look at the entire Project Gotham Racing series. Each one a huge seller and critically acclaimed. Even Metropolis Street Racer, which was a precursor to the Gotham series was pretty damn good. And they don't make just racing games. Their latest game is actually a third-person shooter.. sort of an arcade shoot-em up called The Club.

Yeah, dinovelvet, this is game #2. Most likely it'll see release in 2009 and it makes sense. If we get a Bond film every other year and they do a game adaptation of that every other year, then what are they going to do in the off years? A game focusing on vehicles is logical and the obvious route. There are other things to do with Bond, but I don't think they want to water the main series down with release after release of the same ol same ol. So something different is required.

#4 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 08:35 AM

I like this idea a lot.
I always thought it would be a good idea to focus on the vehicles of Bond a little more.

#5 MarcAngeDraco

MarcAngeDraco

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3312 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 05:53 PM

This could be a very cool development. Much more excited about this than a Bond 22 game.

#6 Agent Ostlund

Agent Ostlund

Sub-Lieutenant

• Enlisting
  • Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 07:50 PM

I believe they had a James Bond racing game for the original playstation a while back..

#7 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 07:53 PM

They did: 007 Racing, which was an utter flop, if I remember correctly - but I liked it :D.

#8 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 07:56 PM

Not too keen on a driving game... but will no doubt buy and play this (well, as long as it's also for the PS2...)

#9 chris-o

chris-o

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 308 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 05:37 PM

That would be the greatest idea of Bizarre since PGR4! I own PGR4 and I can say that when you're driving around with the Aston Martn DBS you really feel a bit like Bond. :tup:

The 007-Racing on Playstation wasn't very bad at all but something was missing.

#10 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 02:19 AM

Hope to hear something from this soon. Hopefully, with full time development focusing on driving, it will not feel tacked on like some other Bond games. It'll be a good release since QoS lacks driving levels, probably for the better.

#11 Golden Gun-E

Golden Gun-E

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 06:07 PM

I happen to have recently purchased a Playstation 1 and 007 Racing for old times sake and it is a very decent game. Not bad at all in my opinion.