18 replies to this topic

#1 col_007

col_007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 12:43 AM

i know Activision now has the licence for james bond games but i would love to see a lego james bond game like perhaps one with all 6 bonds in various missions in the lego form like the star wars games they made.might this still be possible

#2 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 01:23 AM

No clue about official licensing or even if it could ever happen.

But you might want to check this particular CBn section:
http://commanderbond.net/article/2565
for some inofficial stuff from our own Mister Asterix...

#3 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 01:17 AM

It's possible and a good idea IMO. Traveller's Tales (the developer of these games) has worked with Activision in the past. Earliest they could do it would be 2009. They're currently working on Indiana Jones and Batman for Lego for 2008. TT isn't that great of a developer though. They've created some real bombs, the Lego series being their one big success.

#4 agentjamesbond007

agentjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 06:49 AM

i know Activision now has the licence for james bond games but i would love to see a lego james bond game like perhaps one with all 6 bonds in various missions in the lego form like the star wars games they made.might this still be possible

It might be possible, but I don't find a difference from being lego and being person. Wouldn't it be the same, except a little squarish?

#5 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 08:57 AM

It would be cool to see this. :tup:
I love Lego Indy!

#6 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:04 PM

I used t be in love with Star Wars Lego! I have 4 ships(not a great number) with which I was playing all the time! I think that's a great idea, because it will make younger children become a Bond fan easier. I can't still find out, though the theme of the adventures!

Edited by aris007, 01 July 2008 - 05:04 PM.

#7 Daddy Bond

Daddy Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 06:35 PM

It might be possible, but I don't find a difference from being lego and being person. Wouldn't it be the same, except a little squarish?

Well, not really. The lego games are very creative (and very easy - they are designed for children primarily). However, the gameplay is surprisingly fun, and I have found that the Star Wars lego titles are some of the best Star Wars video games out there. They add humor and other game playing elements (i.e., building and using lego items to accomplish certain tasks) and some fairly faithful story telling with a twist. No, the lego titles are excellent game playing fun.

#8 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 02:40 AM

Ironically My brother get's lego magazine (basically a ccatologue for their new products) Anyways on the front cover is Lego Agents really just a mix of Mission impossible and austion powers (i kid you not one of the sets as laser tracking sharks that's right Sharks with freaking laser beams attached to their heads)

Why bring this up about 2 years before lego got the indianna jones licence Lego created their own indianna jones "johnny Thunder" could Lego Bond be not too far off?

the real factor is for one to have a lego Bond Game one must first need Lego Bond sets. While such a thing could exist (and of course i'd buy it I'm 21 and i'm buying the batman lego sets) I'm not sure if it will.

However i'd buy the game i'd but the sets and probably enjoy both.

#9 Gobi-1

Gobi-1

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1529 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 04:30 AM

Exactly. LEGO would have to produced actual James Bond sets before they could make a LEGO Bond video game. I welcome the idea with open arms.

#10 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 03:26 AM

Exactly. LEGO would have to produced actual James Bond sets before they could make a LEGO Bond video game. I welcome the idea with open arms.

but can one think of classic or current things that would make good lego sets.

One of mine

Bond Jaws and XXX and the delivery van

from TSWLM

#11 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:17 AM

but can one think of classic or current things that would make good lego sets.

If they can do it for Indiana Jones then they can do it for James Bond.

#12 tristanjblythe

tristanjblythe

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 87 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:48 AM

I've just got a Wii and Indiana Jones Lego game. I was only thinking as I played it that 007 Lego can't be too far away.

My thoughts were as Star Wars (I believe) and Jones both have the three films story lines in the game, the same would happen for Bond.

I imagined Goldfinger, Spy Who Loved Me and another one with lots of iconic imagery or just another Bond to round it off (maybe a Brosnan one?).

The game would certainly suit a gadgety Bond and would probably be quite fun. Can't see a Lego Dalton or Craig working particularly well!

Still I'm hanging on for Quantum of Solace - the main reason for buying a new console!

#13 Jose

Jose

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1020 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 03:23 AM

First, I realize this is a pretty old topic but I feel compelled to throw in my two cents.

Secondly, I have Lego Star Wars 1 and 2, and Lego Batman, might get Lego Indiana Jones later on, despite the fact that I've beaten that game already, though it is quite enjoyable.

Don't get me wrong; I would love to play a Lego James Bond game!

Now then.

A Lego James Bond game would be a bit tricky to pull off.
Two main reasons are:
1) Not very kid-friendly
A lot of stuff would have to be censored or changed greatly, names, actions etc
examples-
- Pussy Galore would probably be renamed Sassy or Lucy Galore or something like that.
- No scantily clad women
- No smacking women around
- Bond wouldn't really drink or smoke.
- No Blofeld or SPECTRE (legal issues)
- "Licence to Kill" would probably be renamed Licence Revoked and would probably have a different plot altogether seeing as how Licence to Kill is pretty grim for kids.

BUT! They did leave in stuff from the movies in the games.
Lego Star Wars 2 (original trilogy) the Darth Vader Luke Skywalker revelation thing is in there and it's pretty funny how it's done. Gold bikini Princess Leia is still in there, I'm serious. Lego Indiana Jones still has the Indy vs big Nazi airplane fight, and the opening of the Ark cutscene. Lego Indiana Jones- they just removed the Nazi stuff, but you could still tell there were bad guys in it.

2) 22 movies
Compressing 22 movies into one game would be pretty difficult. Star Wars and Indiana Jones had more ease in pulling this off because for Star Wars 6 movies were divided into 2 games (until they were repackaged into "The Complete Saga"). The Lego Indiana Jones game just focused on 3 movies.
Each Star Wars movie is divided into 12 chapters (one story mode, one free play).
So 22 Bond movies x 12 = 264 levels.
So yeah, we're probably looking at more than one game.
Maybe they could split it up or something.
ie The first six films one year, the next six the next year, etc.
OR they make one game with the best of each Bond actor. A poll of some sort would be needed.

Even with those two main issues, a Bond game COULD work. Sure, it's a little tricky but it CAN be done. I mean, they did it with Lego Batman. And Batman's a source of LOTS of different stories, right? And the way they did it for the Lego game is pretty sweet. You get to play as the good guys OR the bad guys. It's madness I tells ya! Madness!! Besides some of the stuff can be enjoyed by anyone! Underwater car, anyone?

Until they come out with Lego James Bond, you can just use the create your own character feature (available in Lego Star Wars: The Original Trilogy, Lego Indiana Jones, and Lego Batman). My little brother and I always make our own James Bond in Lego Batman and Star Wars. I mean come on! How cool is THAT? Bond with a Bat-arang? Or a lightsaber! Tip- Lego Indiana Jones works best for the most realistic custom Bond.

Sorry for the rant.

#14 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 07:36 AM

First, I realize this is a pretty old topic but I feel compelled to throw in my two cents.

Secondly, I have Lego Star Wars 1 and 2, and Lego Batman, might get Lego Indiana Jones later on, despite the fact that I've beaten that game already, though it is quite enjoyable.

Don't get me wrong; I would love to play a Lego James Bond game!

Now then.

A Lego James Bond game would be a bit tricky to pull off.
Two main reasons are:
1) Not very kid-friendly
A lot of stuff would have to be censored or changed greatly, names, actions etc
examples-
- Pussy Galore would probably be renamed Sassy or Lucy Galore or something like that.
- No scantily clad women
- No smacking women around
- Bond wouldn't really drink or smoke.
- No Blofeld or SPECTRE (legal issues)
- "Licence to Kill" would probably be renamed Licence Revoked and would probably have a different plot altogether seeing as how Licence to Kill is pretty grim for kids.

You realize this is Lego, right? :( I mean there's really no plot to these things. They're loosely based on the movies at best and are more satire than anything. Can't really do scantily clad women with Lego as .. you know they're Lego. I don't even know how to respond to the "smacking women around". wth.. Bond is a Lego so it's not like drinking or smoking is necessary.

lol. Bond could easily be done with Lego, it's just probably never going to happen (or unlikely) and it probably wouldn't be all in one game. I think that'd be dumb from a marketing point of view when obviously breaking it up would reap more profit.

#15 Jose

Jose

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1020 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 03:16 AM

You realize this is Lego, right? :( I mean there's really no plot to these things. They're loosely based on the movies at best and are more satire than anything. Can't really do scantily clad women with Lego as .. you know they're Lego. I don't even know how to respond to the "smacking women around". wth.. Bond is a Lego so it's not like drinking or smoking is necessary.

I refer you to the bit I wrote after the list. It starts with "BUT!" And yeah I suppose I did get carried away listing stuff that would be altered. Thus, I shake my head at the "smacking [Lego] women around" but kids do absorb their environment and if video games show them- I'll stop.

lol. Bond could easily be done with Lego, it's just probably never going to happen (or unlikely) and it probably wouldn't be all in one game. I think that'd be dumb from a marketing point of view when obviously breaking it up would reap more profit.

I agree. I would like to see a Lego Bond game in the next few years though. I wonder how the music will be handled. For Lego Batman, Danny Elfman's score was used.

#16 Daddy Bond

Daddy Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 03:26 AM

My kids have thoroughly enjoyed both Lego Star Wars games and Lego Indiana Jones and Lego Batman, and YES, I have thought that Lego Bond would be a great idea. If anyone has played the Lego games they know that (although they are incredibly easy), they are also quite a bit of fun and do a pretty good job of following the general story of the original movies or character concept.

#17 Thunderball302

Thunderball302

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 03:58 AM

It would be cool to see this. :(
I love Lego Indy!

lego star wars - lego batman - lego indy - all great!

lego bond would be outstanding!

Ironically My brother get's lego magazine (basically a ccatologue for their new products) Anyways on the front cover is Lego Agents really just a mix of Mission impossible and austion powers (i kid you not one of the sets as laser tracking sharks that's right Sharks with freaking laser beams attached to their heads)

Why bring this up about 2 years before lego got the indianna jones licence Lego created their own indianna jones "johnny Thunder" could Lego Bond be not too far off?

the real factor is for one to have a lego Bond Game one must first need Lego Bond sets. While such a thing could exist (and of course i'd buy it I'm 21 and i'm buying the batman lego sets) I'm not sure if it will.

However i'd buy the game i'd but the sets and probably enjoy both.

Johnny Thunder? DC COmics holds the copyright to that name.

#18 Ultraussie (Jordan.adams)

Ultraussie (Jordan.adams)

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 321 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:57 PM

This could be OKish, but then again it wouldnt be the same.
We all know we cant make Lego figures hold rifles and shotguns with 2 hands, so how would a peice of Lego fire a rifle or shotgun?
With one hand? Piss off.
Wouldnt work, Lego games should stay with starwars, not James Bond.
And Hell, what would his gadgets be? Imaginary hand that comes out the sky to demolish the enemy's building?
And Censoring wouldnt be needed:
Only few people below the age of 10 seriolsly like James Bond, and the main Bond addicts are Adults, so Censorship shouldnt be an Issue, it be rated M like all the other Bond games. Moderate violence, etc. Heck, we could squeeze in sex scenes, because Lego figures dont have genitals, it wouldnt look too ovious! :( How ever if it went in a proper 3D game it would get some looks. :)
And if little kids happen to get there hands on it, they wouldnt get past the first level, so thats a good way of censoring it.

Apologies if you found my sex comments illrelevant and offensive, heck, 95% of ya are adults arent ya?

Edited by Ultraussie (Jordan.adams), 31 December 2008 - 12:04 AM.

#19 agentjamesbond007

agentjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:26 PM

Only few people below the age of 10 seriolsly like James Bond, and the main Bond addicts are Adults, so Censorship shouldnt be an Issue, it be rated M like all the other Bond games.

I wonder how the rating would to beyond T, because it's an animated game, so the blood wouldn't look too real, nor the killing. The explosions would look more like a black pixellated cloud that disappears in a short time, like in the older Bond games.