6 replies to this topic

#1 OmarB

OmarB

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1151 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 03:14 PM

So last night I was flipping through John Griswald's Chronology and I started thinking about what we know and don't know about the upcoming book. At this point we don't know the threat, the villain or even what the cover's gonna look like. So let us start throwing ideas around. What do you want to see? Don't want to see? What do you know? Share a thought, idea about the upcoming book.

To get the ball rolling. I really hope we get a classic villain where like Fleming's work he's described in terms of some animal or animal quality quality. Make sure their inward corruption is visible on the outside as some form of disfigurement. A visual gimmick, I hope it's a fake hand or eye or maybe a villain who can't talk at all (deaf mute maybe).

Thoughts, ideas, what do you wanna see?

#2 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 03:22 PM

Something that follows TMWTGG without missing a beat. :D

#3 OmarB

OmarB

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1151 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 03:27 PM

Are you talking the next day or like in Bond fashion a couple months after? Both are important questions because the closeness to TMWTGG dictates how damaged Bond is and how much he references that stuff. Further down the line and he's most likely dealt with some of his issues.

#4 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 03:39 PM

Well, I hope there's some conception of continuity. :D

#5 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 03:41 PM

Are you talking the next day or like in Bond fashion a couple months after? Both are important questions because the closeness to TMWTGG dictates how damaged Bond is and how much he references that stuff. Further down the line and he's most likely dealt with some of his issues.

Just enough time to have dumped the girl. :D

#6 Byron

Byron

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1377 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 03:42 PM

So DMC is set after TMWTGG but before Colonel Sun?

As Omar has pointed out, it's interesting how little we know. Does the title actually refer to a person, an object, a codeword or something else? Is it a simple throwaway saying?

Who will be the main villains? I think being the height of the cold war the Russians.

#7 OmarB

OmarB

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1151 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 03:47 PM

Yeah, throw us a bond right. Give us a couple paragraphs that sets up the story, or even a single page randomly selected out of the middle of the book somewhere so it can't give away any plot points.

Well, since I know nothing. I hope the villain's a ninja, with one eye like every villain ever in American Ninja.