48 replies to this topic

#31 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 05:38 PM

Guess what? I found a copy of the book at Waterstones in Eailing today, three days before its official release. Nice surprise. I didn't buy it as it was a little damaged (and I plan on buying from whatever store signing I attend). Looked for a leaked DMC. No luck. :tup:

#32 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 09:38 PM

Guess what? I found a copy of the book at Waterstones in Eailing today, three days before its official release. Nice surprise. I didn't buy it as it was a little damaged (and I plan on buying from whatever store signing I attend). Looked for a leaked DMC. No luck. :tup:

:tup:

Kind of surprising, I must say. You'd think the release dates on these items (Devil May Care, Hurricane Gold, the centenary reprints) would be very strictly enforced this time around since they're coming out in a big way on the 28th and 29th.

Guess there's always going to be that one or two bookstores that get 'em out a bit early.

#33 [dark]

[dark]

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6239 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 05:08 PM

Was the cover art a matte finish as with the other paperbacks, or did it receive the shiny gold treatment?

#34 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 06:01 PM

Shiny gold. But it looked good.

#35 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 10:28 PM

The book looks good. To those who have this, any chance of a summary of the BRC extract?

#36 003.5

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 85 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 05:18 PM

I didn't know that there would be an extract from the graphic novel! looks cool!

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...1QQcmdZViewItem

#37 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 10:48 PM

Now on the CBn main page...

Posted Image
Young Bond author discusses his latest novel with the BBC News

#38 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 08:22 AM

The book looks good. To those who have this, any chance of a summary of the BRC extract?

Bond is gambling with a pack of Hitler Youth on a train in Austria. They think he's cheating because he keeps winning. Things get...tense.

I didn't know that there would be an extract from the graphic novel! looks cool!

Also, the first 3 books have been reprinted, each with a different graphic novel extract.

#39 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 08:44 AM

Bond is gambling with a pack of Hitler Youth on a train in Austria. They think he's cheating because he keeps winning. Things get...tense.

Sounds brilliant.

The US Hurricane Gold cover looks great. It gives me a KOTCS vibe. Also, the official YB website re-design is very slick.

#40 Mark_Hazard

Mark_Hazard

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 07:36 PM

Be wary in the UK if buying from Tesco, who have it on offer for

#41 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:03 PM

Also, the first 3 books have been reprinted, each with a different graphic novel extract.

:tup:

Oh? Is there any way to distinguish these new reprints from the original paperbacks?

#42 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 01:18 PM

[quote name='sharpshooter' post='875349' date='30 May 2008 - 01:44']The US Hurricane Gold cover looks great. It gives me a KOTCS vibe. Also, the official YB website re-design is very slick.[/quote]
Know that the HG cover there is not the final cover.

Yes, the new site looks very slick. I'm particularly happy (and honored) that they've now fully integrated my news. :tup:

[quote name='Mark_Hazard' post='875489' date='30 May 2008 - 12:36']Be wary in the UK if buying from Tesco, who have it on offer for

#43 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 01:50 PM

I picked up Hurricane Gold from Waterstones yesterday- for

#44 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 02:36 PM

[quote name='marktmurphy' post='876826' date='4 June 2008 - 06:50']I picked up Hurricane Gold from Waterstones yesterday- for

#45 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 04:13 PM

Oh is it? Dang; might have grabbed one of those if I was passing. No big worries, though; Piccadilly's a bit far from me. Still looking forward to reading it, though- I haven't made it that far into Devil May Care yet, but it's making me pine for Charlie! :tup:

#46 [dark]

[dark]

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6239 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 04:19 PM

I actually managed to nab a signed copy of Double or Die shortly after its release from Waterstone's in Harrods - you may also have luck there.

#47 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 04:22 PM

Oh is it? Dang; might have grabbed one of those if I was passing. No big worries, though; Piccadilly's a bit far from me. Still looking forward to reading it, though- I haven't made it that far into Devil May Care yet, but it's making me pine for Charlie! :tup:

You might also want to jump to the BRC extract in the back. It's excellent.

#48 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 02:45 AM

The US Hurricane Gold cover looks great. It gives me a KOTCS vibe. Also, the official YB website re-design is very slick.

Know that the HG cover there is not the final cover.

Ah, I hope the final design is similar to the prototype, I like that cover very much.

#49 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 03:55 PM

I picked up the Hurricane Gold paperback today, it seems to have arrived early. The BRC extract was very good as well. A nice looking book that compliments the other 3 paperbacks well.