7 replies to this topic

#1 1q2w3e4r

1q2w3e4r

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1336 posts

Posted 23 August 2002 - 10:57 AM

This is so strange. I normally grab a copy of the latest Benson when I know their due to be released, but i've had the previous two bought over from the UK due to curious quirks of fate.

Anyway, I'm positive this isn't released here yet.... However.. My local libary is claiming on their website to have a copy available!

How the hell does this all work out? Blue Eyes, you said you had your own copy, I'm guessing that was ordered or came through the UK somehow didn't it?

#2 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 23 August 2002 - 11:10 AM

I mentioned it in another thread but here we go again :)

All Australia editions of the Benson novels are actually UK editions. Your library orders them from the UK, any Bond fan in Australia orders them from the UK. They may order it from their local stockist, say Angus and Robertson, and they in turn will order it from the UK.

They're all UK editions, so when it's released in the UK, it's released in Australia.

#3 1q2w3e4r

1q2w3e4r

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1336 posts

Posted 23 August 2002 - 11:24 AM

Yeah I know their all UK editions. But i've actually spoke to RB about this and he's normally not even sure how long the delay is. Its usually over 6 months before they hit here. Sometimes closer to 12 thanks anyway, maybe its on order or something.

#4 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 23 August 2002 - 03:16 PM

Just buy it from Amazon. The discount makes up for the shipping cost. Why wait? This is the Internet age!

#5 brendan007

brendan007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1512 posts

Posted 24 August 2002 - 02:49 AM

for the last few benson books in australia the library's get them in june or july but if you want to buy it from the bookstores they dont get them in till about december or january.
i always read them first from the library and then buy them again in december

#6 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 24 August 2002 - 07:41 AM

Well I got mine from a bookstore before the stocked it, by ordering it. And I got it in July, same time as the local library.

#7 brendan007

brendan007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1512 posts

Posted 24 August 2002 - 08:23 AM

what bookstore did you get it from. for the last three years (books) its been the same for me. all the bookstores here on the gold coast dont get them in till december

#8 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 24 August 2002 - 09:23 AM

It was Angus and Robertson. In April I just asked the chick at the counter if it could be ordered, she checked a database and said it could. So I ordered it. In July they rang me up.

One of the bigger bookstores at Pacific Fair should be able to help you out.